Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Can anyone who has ridden in one comment on the wind and tire noise? Noticeable or were you not going fast enough?
No ride along at the Rhode Island show, but I talked to the guys who have been driving them to the shows. One said the feeling of calm he had while driving was very noticeable, due to the lack of sound. He likened the ambient sound (wind noise, tire noise) to white noise.

Not a first person experience, but he didn't seem to be trying to hype it up too much, so I feel his feedback was genuine.
Sponsored

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
What locations have had ridealongs?

(I believe these are sites that had a third car and an official Ford person — not the marketing people staffing the roadshow. )

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
What locations have had ridealongs?

(I believe these are sites that had a third car and an official Ford person — not the marketing people staffing the roadshow. )
Correct. Third car, Star White, at Somerville, NJ event on the 19th. The marketing person who checked me in, Justin, told me they weren't with them and this was just for the local regional folks. I was out of state, but he told me to come back around 4:00 p.m. and he could get me in for a ride along, It was too busy when I was there at 2:00 p.m. I had to hit the road back home so I couldn't stay.

jlamarca73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia
Occupation
Ct technologist
Country flag
I went to the event in Buena Park, CA. It was extremely busy! My 1pm reservation turned into 1:45pm. I wanted to be sure my 6'4" frame would fit. Good headroom, I even fit in the back seat behind the driver with the front seat all the way back.

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Can anyone who has ridden in one comment on the wind and tire noise? Noticeable or were you not going fast enough?
I went on a 10-15 minute ride-along. Did not notice much in the way of tire/wind, although we only (quickly!) got up to about 45 MPH at most. Rode really nice and was surprisingly smooth/quiet.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
what is the general theory for why the road show is only in the upper east coast and CA?

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Maryland has Annapolis and Gaithersburg on the schedule now.

Happy to also report the Zip search function at mustangmachetour.com works now [at least for me on iOS]. It will move the map—so no more cross country scrolling—and adjust the list by distance.
Lindsay Ford in Wheaton, MD on Nov 19th now.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I went to the roadshow in the Boston suburbs today.

Guy said they scheduled the tour to go from North to South for weather reasons. Not that the Mach-E doesn't handle well in the snow, but since the other car is towed, they don't want to pull the trailer during through a snowstorm.

There wasn't many people at this dealership, just me and 1 other customer. I started asking questions and the host said to me "You aren't one of those people from the internet forums, are you...?" I was like, "uhhh, no... not me". He was nice about it, but joked that the people from the forums tended to ask the most obscure questions.

Not sure if this was mentioned previously, but the infinite blue (my color choice) looks pretty different depending on the lighting conditions. In direct sunlight it seems like a lighter blue vs. the side of the car in the shade. I took a couple of pics, but not sure if they will display accurately as in-person.

OP
OP
ajmartineau

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
It looks like they just added a couple more locations again today. Keep asking your local dealer to have one. There are only 36 events left in Ca. Madness!

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
Zipcode search broken, but they added pins.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Zipcode search broken, but they added pins.
Looks like their Google Maps interface is broken right now.
Sponsored