OP
ajmartineau

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
There are 6 locations happening today and tomorrow.

I challenge you to find a picture angle, or Sync4a screen, or other nugget of information that has not yet been posted.

MightyJawa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt
Country flag
There are 6 locations happening today and tomorrow.

I challenge you to find a picture angle, or Sync4a screen, or other nugget of information that has not yet been posted.
How about a picture of the IB color in full sunlight (and properly white balanced)?

(long time lurker, first time post, BTW)

MightyJawa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt
Country flag
Afternoon, and the sun was behind me, but a little bit overcast sky.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Launches Mach-E U.S. Road Tour [Register Inside] IMG_7904
Thanks. This is the color I’ve ordered and I THINK I’m going to like it. But sometimes I see a little purple in there which I hope is just a camera trick.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
VA Folks. They've added Falls Church, Sterling and Manassas to the list of visits, all around the 20th-22nd

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Thanks. This is the color I’ve ordered and I THINK I’m going to like it. But sometimes I see a little purple in there which I hope is just a camera trick.
It didn't appear to me as having any purple when looking in person. I have an older iPhone that doesn't have the best camera, so the picture could be better.

It really is the best paint color choice for Premium, since the Grabber Blue is only FE.
Best way I can think of to describe it is :
daytime / sunlight, it looks like a light blue car
shade / night, it will look like a dark blue car

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Having seen it in person, it is less gray than most pictures have shown and there is a little purple tint to the blue. I didn't order it, but I did like it more after seeing it in person.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Having seen it in person, it is less gray than most pictures have shown and there is a little purple tint to the blue. I didn't order it, but I did like it more after seeing it in person.
I agree completely. I saw one yesterday and my first thought was where is the gray. I took some photos, but they didn't really capture the color the way I saw it. Maybe I'll go again next week with my "real" camera and color card.

Other than that, I don't have anything to add that many other people have said. It's a very nice car, better looking in person. I still hate the shiny black exterior trim. For me the only color that I could handle it on is Infinite Blue.

The location at which I saw the car was Concord, California (SF Bay Area). I got there early to try to avoid the crowds. I was there for almost an hour at noon, and the only ones there were me and the three people handling the exhibit. Nobody wandered by to look, not even from the dealership. :oops:

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just got back from Tuttle-Click in Irvine. No new pictures since its been posted a gazillion times already but want to give my impression seeing the MachE in person. WoW! The picture doesn't do it justice. All those that got the Rapid Red... ? That was by far the best of the ones there. They had Star White, Infinite Blue & Rapid Red. I choose the RR since that was the only one with the light interior. (Got a Carbonized Gray with light interior on order).

• The cabin was very roomy.
  • The B&O sound was def nice, wasn't quite expecting it to be that clear.
  • Interior door handle was interesting and overall nice & easy to use to open the door.
  • Like the tactic feel of the button when opening the door. Was afraid it was just a 'touch' button.
  • The frunk was smaller than I was expecting but big enough for groceries, misc items.
  • *One thing to note, the Ford rep said the frunk divider is pre-production only and won't be in the production models. (Not sure how accurate since that's the first I hear of it).
  • *Forgot to mentioned, the rep also said the Ford charger for $799 includes the installation. I had to do a double take and ask again and he said it will be hardware PLUS the installation.
Nothing else memorable to add since we only had 10-15 mins. Felt rushed. He didn't really allow time for us to just play with it. Had the unwanted house guest feeling.

Other than that, it was great. Gave me confirmation that the MachE was the right choice for me. A beautiful car. Anyway hope all of you get a chance to see one in person during the tour. Or hope that the dealership near you get a unit in Dec so you can go for a test drive. No ride along this time but will be on the lookout for demo units hitting the dealership lots soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ajmartineau

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Sadly we are down to 56 events left. They haven't added any in a few days. Let's hope they start moving around to new states.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Sadly we are down to 56 events left. They haven't added any in a few days. Let's hope they start moving around to new states.
If the suggestions about arrival of dealer demo units in mid to late december are correct, there isn't really much point in scheduling the road show beyond november. I'd rather wait a couple of weeks and be able to actually drive a production unit than just look at a preproduction unit.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Just got back from Tuttle-Click in Irvine.
  • *Forgot to mentioned, the rep also said the Ford charger for $799 includes the installation. I had to do a double take and ask again and he said it will be hardware PLUS the installation.
Now hold up just a gol dern minute here. INCLUDING installation???? There has to be some MASSIVE stipulations on that because I need a 60 amp circuit run from all the way of one side of my basement to the other, up through the floor and over to my garage (about 75 feet), BUT THAT'S NOT ALL because I need a new sub panel because I don't have room in my existing breaker. AND, I may actually have to get a full new meter installed because I already have one sub panel powering my pool off of the main breaker. Is it including THAT kind of installation because that shit is expensive and far more than just $799. I'm guessing they mean "someone will hang it on the wall and plug it in for you"

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
*Forgot to mentioned, the rep also said the Ford charger for $799 includes the installation. I had to do a double take and ask again and he said it will be hardware PLUS the installation.
Now hold up just a gol dern minute here. INCLUDING installation???? There has to be some MASSIVE stipulations on that because I need a 60 amp circuit run from all the way of one side of my basement to the other, up through the floor and over to my garage (about 75 feet), BUT THAT'S NOT ALL because I need a new sub panel because I don't have room in my existing breaker. AND, I may actually have to get a full new meter installed because I already have one sub panel powering my pool off of the main breaker. Is it including THAT kind of installation because that shit is expensive and far more than just $799. I'm guessing they mean "someone will hang it on the wall and plug it in for you"
Whoa there! Let's think about which is more likely: the rep was wrong, or Ford is going to eat the unknown installation costs through Amazon services?

Methinks the rep was mistaken.
Sponsored