Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Grey Premium AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Just got this today and decided to give it a try. Costs about $310 shipped. It comes in a carrying/storage bag and has logos/writing on all sides. Not bad to be used when charging outside or inside if you want to cover indoors. Note: I had to fold the mirrors out because it didn't fit well the other way.

Edit: Probably not a great idea to charge with the cover on. Definitely stops the flow of air, which is a good thing I was keeping an eye on it. Even allowing the air to flow in the front will still throw the hot air back into the cover, which probably won't be good either...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Mach-E Car Cover Fit Test Screenshot_20210615-170935_Photos

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Mach-E Car Cover Fit Test Screenshot_20210615-170939_Photos

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Mach-E Car Cover Fit Test Screenshot_20210615-170946_Photos

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Mach-E Car Cover Fit Test Screenshot_20210615-170952_Photos

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Mach-E Car Cover Fit Test 20210615_170501

Last edited:

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
@Mach-Tony I was looking at getting this cover. From what I read on the Ford site, it's supposed to be handle the charging heat/cooling process to allow air to flow through it? It's the only one I found that has a charging pass through (so far, but there's probably some third-party ones I've missed). Was really hoping it would work well as I often have to park outside under trees (there's a charger located there that's convenient for me).

OP
OP
Mach-Tony

Mach-Tony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
@Mach-Tony I was looking at getting this cover. From what I read on the Ford site, it's supposed to be handle the charging heat/cooling process to allow air to flow through it? It's the only one I found that has a charging pass through (so far, but there's probably some third-party ones I've missed). Was really hoping it would work well as I often have to park outside under trees (there's a charger located there that's convenient for me).
It only has the slot for the charger to plug in but not for the battery system to cool itself. My car was trying to cool itself and nearly sucked the cover in! I wouldn't recommend it to be used while charging. I wonder how they didn't see this flaw in the design.

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
It only has the slot for the charger to plug in but not for the battery system to cool itself. My car was trying to cool itself and nearly sucked the cover in! I wouldn't recommend it to be used while charging. I wonder how they didn't see this flaw in the design.
That's definitely valuable info to note! Thanks for sacrificing for the greater good. My wallet appreciates you.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Since I have no garage but lots of trees, this too was on my radar. I'm thinking some clips or clothespins to gather up the fabric at the front while charging OR shears, a little mesh cloth, fabric glue and velcro....all creatively used along the bottom front to make an adjustable panel OR Arrow makes a very sturdy 20x20 metal roofed carport (yep - on Amazon) but even DYI it's close to 3K! Decisions.....Thanks for sharing. I do like the appearance!

OP
OP
Mach-Tony

Mach-Tony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Since I have no garage but lots of trees, this too was on my radar. I'm thinking some clips or clothespins to gather up the fabric at the front while charging OR shears, a little mesh cloth, fabric glue and velcro....all creatively used along the bottom front to make an adjustable panel OR Arrow makes a very sturdy 20x20 metal roofed carport (yep - on Amazon) but even DYI it's close to 3K! Decisions.....Thanks for sharing. I do like the appearance!
That would work but, someone correct me if i'm wrong, the exhaust from the fan comes through the space in between the hood and windshield, so the cover was trapping the hot air and trying to fly off. I will have to try to feel next time the fans come on.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Please do! My solution was for the intake - didn't think about exhausting the air!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
That would work but, someone correct me if i'm wrong, the exhaust from the fan comes through the space in between the hood and windshield, so the cover was trapping the hot air and trying to fly off. I will have to try to feel next time the fans come on.
I would hope that the exhaust for cooling was near the base of the A-pillars and not the middle of the windshield base. The middle of the cowl area is a high pressure area, usually reserved for ventilation air intake or (for high-performance ICE cars) engine air intake.

Anyhow, it sounds like an enterprising person with some scissoring and sewing skills could modify the cover to work for a MME while charging.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Have been using one for awhile now. It is fine to charge with it on with temps
below 70 F (20 C). It blocks the front vents so when it gets 80 F (25 C) it is best to let it breath and not cover it when charging. The cover has a charging port door flap to charge it when covered and it would be nice if the same type of flap was found at front at the vent location.

The way it goes on you can not just pull it up at the front end. I have been thinking about a carpet knife and mesh. Rounded corners to reduce stress concentration and ripping. Maybe my second one will be V2 with a flap up front?

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Mach-Tony - venting issues aside - I'm very interested in your assessment of the quality of the cover - stitching, thickness of materials, fit (aside from the mirrors), padding. Would it be adequate protection from acorns, small hail, etc in your opinion? Is the interior lining plush or scratchy? Waterproof or water logged (in rain)? Would it stay down in wind gusts or flap around? I'm sure it will take a bit of time to answer these inquiries, but we all thank you for your reporting and opinions!

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mach-Tony - venting issues aside - I'm very interested in your assessment of the quality of the cover - stitching, thickness of materials, fit (aside from the mirrors), padding. Would it be adequate protection from acorns, small hail, etc in your opinion? Is the interior lining plush or scratchy? Waterproof or water logged (in rain)? Would it stay down in wind gusts or flap around? I'm sure it will take a bit of time to answer these inquiries, but we all thank you for your reporting and opinions!
Not Tony but my take so far. It takes a while to dry off but no water droplet marks are left on the vehicle. Not plush but not scratching. Most likely less scratching than driving down a highway. It is light and airy when dry. Light dust can collect under on the roof and rear window. It is not a steel roof but could help with chips (small hail maybe). Keeps pollen, bird droppings and pine needles/leaves off and prolongs the time of when the two buckets need to come back out. Foam cannon the cover ;). It gets dirty on the inside down low where it touches the tires. Still contemplating the best way to clean it. We have a two party dragless install/removal going on as it is a fair size. Nothing is perfect but it fits well and if outside protects the vehicle from UV if it is just going to be sitting around for a few days.

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
The idea of car covers sounds cool, but if your car isn't washed just before the cover goes on, it just mars the paint when put on and removed. If stored outside, the wind will continuously make it worse. If you have to park under an acorn tree, then this would possibly be some help.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag

Sweetwater

Threads