Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
From Electrek.co

Ford’s Mustang Mach-E reservations are moving along nicely, with the car’s release coming at the end of this year. We learned today that, if reservation numbers are sequential (and they seem to be), the car now has approximately 41,400 reservations (globally) according to forum posts.

Also, according to Ford, there have been Mach-E reservations in all 50 US states so far.

Ford’s reservation numbers seem to be sequential, though they didn’t start at zero. The earliest reservers from the day of the reveal have numbers as low as ~4,000. It seems that the first 4,000 cars will be reserved internally for Ford’s purposes (Ford corporate fleet, employee sales, etc.). They’re also coming in from around the globe.

Those reservation numbers jumped up to the 20,000 range in the first week after the presentation, and have slowed down since then but are still plugging along. Two days ago the number was in the 41,000 range, and five days prior to that it was in the 40,000 range.

Extrapolating, it looks like we’re still seeing about a thousand orders a week. If this continues to be the case, then Ford’s first-year of production should be “sold out” within the next couple of months. The “first edition” model “sold out” within the first week.

In the first year, Ford plans to build 50,000 Mach-Es across all trim levels. But the American company plans to allocate around 60% of those first- cars to Europe. This is to help Ford meet EU emissions regulations, which are getting much stronger and most automakers are facing big fines if they don’t push more EVs in Europe soon.

Ford also shared an animation showing reservation numbers across the US, along with the most popular color reserved in each state.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mark360

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
This means they only have 9.000 units left to sell in a year's time if people wanna get in before they have to wait until 2022ish. I only believe demand will grow as people see them at dealerships and out on the highway.

1,000 copies a week is pretty good demand in my opinion for pre-orders. What do you all think? I bet Ford is very happy the car is selling well!

I just hope they can keep up with Demand, otherwise people will look elsewhere for a vehicle!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Those numbers are guesses based on forum supposition. The reservation numbers clearly incremented, but not necessarily by one. They could have had the numbers increment by 2 or 5 or even a random number from 1-17. Ford hasn't officially released any official numbers, so don't get too excited

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
This means they only have 9.000 units left to sell in a year's time if people wanna get in before they have to wait until 2022ish. I only believe demand will grow as people see them at dealerships and out on the highway.

1,000 copies a week is pretty good demand in my opinion for pre-orders. What do you all think? I bet Ford is very happy the car is selling well!

I just hope they can keep up with Demand, otherwise people will look elsewhere for a vehicle!
But you have to figure there is a not insignificant percentage of reservations that will back out. I give it a 50% chance for my own reservation

OP
OP
mark360

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
But you have to figure there is a not insignificant percentage of reservations that will back out. I give it a 50% chance for my own reservation
Why is that?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Extrapolating, it looks like we’re still seeing about a thousand orders a week. If this continues to be the case, then Ford’s first-year of production should be “sold out” within the next couple of months. The “first edition” model “sold out” within the first week.
Well, it's been about a thousand a week while Ford has been pushing the car with their "European Road Show". We'll see how long that lasts. Also, while the FE sold out in the first week in the US, it was a bit longer in some other spots as I recall.

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
Why is that?
Because i have never sat in it, driven it, or seen how much the option packages will cost. (Did you mean why is my decision 50/50, or why many who reserve may not purchase?)

OP
OP
mark360

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Because i have never sat in it, driven it, or seen how much the option packages will cost. (Did you mean why is my decision 50/50, or why many who reserve may not purchase?)
Answered my question!

Badgeringweasel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camry Hybrid
Country flag
It was in the link from the OP, but I'll save you the click: it just shows the map filling up to get to that first picture.

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would still like to sit in one and do a test drive before I drop $60,000

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I would still like to sit in one and do a test drive before I drop $60,000
Same here. I think the first batch of the ones coming out of the factory will be headed to dealers. Just hope my dealership gets one of the premium trim since that's what I reserved.

Reactions: abr

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
As I said in another thread, I'd like to see the ability to get a refund when converting a reservation to an order in writing. I think some of us will be asked to do the ordering prior to seeing the car, sitting in it, let alone test driving it.

Last edited:

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
Would you be able to just return the car after 7 days if you don't like it, and get 100% back?
Sponsored