Ford Mach-E - Mustang or Mediocre? | In Depth (Now You Know)

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Well, it was bound to happen. Zac and Jessie borrowed a friend's Mach E (Andrew) for a day to "review" it. Andrew is a Tesla owner, and loves his Mach E. So what do Zac and Jessie have to say? Come on, you already know the answer. They do give some valid criticisms, but it's hard to sift through all the hate and vitriol to all things not Tesla for a valid review.

TL;DR:
It would have been a good competitor to Tesla if it were released in 2016. Ford clearly made the car to scare away EV buyers and convince them to buy an ICE Ford instead (I kid you not, that is almost a direct quote). They urge viewers to test drive it for a day, then test drive a Tesla because the charging network will convince you to go Tesla.

Sponsored

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
When they can't even get the name right of one of the main features (calling CoPilot ProPilot many times), I can only assume they didn't take this seriously. I didn't watch the whole thing and mostly skipped ahead, but they seemed to look for reasons to hate on the Mach-E. No credibility.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Well, it was bound to happen. Zac and Jessie borrowed a friend's Mach E (Andrew) for a day to "review" it. Andrew is a Tesla owner, and loves his Mach E. So what do Zac and Jessie have to say? Come on, you already know the answer. They do give some valid criticisms, but it's hard to sift through all the hate and vitriol to all things not Tesla for a valid review.

TL;DR:
It would have been a good competitor to Tesla if it were released in 2016. Ford clearly made the car to scare away EV buyers and convince them to buy an ICE Ford instead (I kid you not, that is almost a direct quote). They urge viewers to test drive it for a day, then test drive a Tesla because the charging network will convince you to go Tesla.

?? ‘S

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
I wish Zac and Jessie would have had Andrew do a demo for them after the initial interview! That would have highlighted the car's features Andrew loves much better. He didn't appear to have a heavy Tesla bias, he seemed to be pretty objective even through he had a 2014 Tesla Model S and a 2019 Model 3 Performance in the past and still loves Tesla.

In comparison to Zac and Jessie, I don't expect @Mach-E VLOG to be completely objective either when his videos come out! He has his likes and dislikes which I RESPECT and I don't JUDGE him for his recent Model Y comments on Twitter. Totally his right and I hope we can continue a positive dialogue on this and other social media. EV enthusiasts need to support each other NO MATTER THEIR CHOICE OF VEHICLE (please ?)

Zac and Jessie's Tesla bias is clearly showing no doubt. And to your point, they needed to get the name of CoPilot360 right, that was unprofessional and rude.

They went postal on CoPilot. I wish they wouldn't have gone on and on about something most people won't experience. Yet when I test drive a Mach-E soon I'll check out what they were highlighting concerning silent disengagement. As long as the steering wheel vibrates, I'm being notified. It doesn't have to be audible, but it does need to alert me.

Andrew: "It's the best competition that Tesla has right now, I think it's just a different feel". Well said!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, I stopped watching them a while ago, and I'm not going to give them the click that they want. The title and synopsis above are good enough to get the flavor. It's very telling that they went so hard at copilot 360; they know that the car is a pretty solid competitor and they're trying to hype Tesla's autopilot.

When the auto lane centering disables I get a visual, tactile, and audible notification. At least I'm pretty sure I do; I generally only use it on the highway where it's intended and it rarely disengages for me.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I wish Zac and Jessie would have had Andrew do a demo for them after the initial interview! That would have highlighted the car's features Andrew loves much better. He didn't appear to have a heavy Tesla bias, he seemed to be pretty objective even through he had a 2014 Tesla Model S and a 2019 Model 3 Performance in the past and still loves Tesla.

In comparison to Zac and Jessie, I don't expect @Mach-E VLOG to be completely objective either when his videos come out! He has his likes and dislikes which I RESPECT and I don't JUDGE him for his recent Model Y comments on Twitter. Totally his right and I hope we can continue a positive dialogue on this and other social media. EV enthusiasts need to support each other NO MATTER THEIR CHOICE OF VEHICLE (please ?)

Zac and Jessie's Tesla bias is clearly showing no doubt. And to your point, they needed to get the name of CoPilot360 right, that was unprofessional and rude.

They went postal on CoPilot. I wish they wouldn't have gone on and on about something most people won't experience. Yet when I test drive a Mach-E soon I'll check out what they were highlighting concerning silent disengagement. As long as the steering wheel vibrates, I'm being notified. It doesn't have to be audible, but it does need to alert me.

Andrew: "It's the best competition that Tesla has right now, I think it's just a different feel". Well said!
Bias is no problem. But stupid inaccuracies and poor research have no excuse. It's hard to get everything right, but it seems they didn't even try -- especially for a larger channel.

mache202011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford
Country flag
Bias is no problem. But stupid inaccuracies and poor research have no excuse. It's hard to get everything right, but it seems they didn't even try -- especially for a larger channel.
correct those two are clowns. Check off another reason car people, in general, are tired of tesla people.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag

TL;DR:

trash. Same as ford will be under in 5 years. About like certain people can't we all just get along and be happy for BEV. Yeah, keep saying that when that is the type of tesla bola bola that is out there.

We will talk trash about all other BEV but when someone says something is bad about mighty old tesla we get all upset and want to hold hands.

kumbaya?

Liv

First Name
Liv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 RAV4 Art Car
Occupation
BioCAD Engineer
Country flag

TL;DR:

Always love a TL;DR!
Watching this video reminds me to try my hardest to not be too biased or Stan-ish towards the Mach-E when looking at other EV's, to be supportive of EV's as a whole, and to be educated about something before I make definitive comments about it.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Do other ev forums get the save attention or is it the Mach-e because it is the real thing?

Had a friend with a model 3 come over and took him for a ride. I asked if he wanted to drive it back. He said no because if he drove it he knew he would regret buying the Tesla. He listed off a number of areas where the mach-e was better.

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
correct those two are clowns. Check off another reason car people, in general, are tired of tesla people.
I own two Teslas. Does that mean I'm "Tesla people"?
Sponsored