sainttail

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
OK this maybe funny but also not so funny. When I turn on my Mach E to drive home from shopping it pop up with a suggestion for Addiction Education Consulting - Addiction Experts, and it my house.

OK I find it funny but how did this get in the system? Where does Ford get its map data? Do I have to worry about other getting the same information if they look up my address? If I apply for a job or a mortgage will this effect me?

aec.jpg
Sponsored

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
Lol. Now you know why people will knock late at night ?

Should not have to worry about mortgage. Abstractors go by the legal description of the property and appraisal will show it's not a business

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Not sure where they get the map data, but if they use Google maps you can suggest a change and Google does process it fairly quickly.

Actually, I seen to remember that Ford had some agreement with Garmin for map data so maybe they have a similar process

If it is Garmin, you could try their reporting form... https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=pJLZBzPen9A7OXw5vlRyu5

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
I believe Ford maps are mostly supplied by HERE maps, though they could be getting point of interest (POI) data from another source too. Looking at your location I can see a few addiction treatment centers popping up in the area, it is possible that one of them is at the wrong address or just happens to be nearby so is being identified when you search for your address.

It is also possible that a previous resident was a treatment doctor, sometimes people will list their home address as their business if they work from home, but forget to remove it when they move.

PM me your address and I can go into the HERE maps editor and see if there is an errant treatment center near you. Not being creepy, fixing maps is just a hobby of mine. ;)

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
If you'd like to fix it yourself, and if it's indeed coming from HERE Maps (likely), check out the "HERE Maps Creator" app in your Android app store.

I think the pop up you're seeing is from Garmin myTrends, but the business listing itself might be coming from Navteq which is now part of HERE.

Alternatively, you can turn off myTrends in the navigation settings within your vehicle.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Let me know if you are able to get it fixed. HERE has my house and my neighbors house flipped. That wouldn’t be bad if we were on the same street, but it’s my neighbor behind me. So it has their house in my street, and my house on theirs. I’ve gone in and fixed it in the HERE Maps Creator, but it hasn’t taken or been accepted yet. I previously had to fix the same problem in Google and Apple Maps.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
OK this maybe funny but also not so funny. When I turn on my Mach E to drive home from shopping it pop up with a suggestion for Addiction Education Consulting - Addiction Experts, and it my house.

OK I find it funny but how did this get in the system? Where does Ford get its map data? Do I have to worry about other getting the same information if they look up my address? If I apply for a job or a mortgage will this effect me?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Maps thinks my house is a drug rehab business aec
Yep, apparently my house is either a church or dance studio called “Leap of Faith “.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I believe Ford maps are mostly supplied by HERE maps, though they could be getting point of interest (POI) data from another source too. Looking at your location I can see a few addiction treatment centers popping up in the area, it is possible that one of them is at the wrong address or just happens to be nearby so is being identified when you search for your address.

It is also possible that a previous resident was a treatment doctor, sometimes people will list their home address as their business if they work from home, but forget to remove it when they move.

PM me your address and I can go into the HERE maps editor and see if there is an errant treatment center near you. Not being creepy, fixing maps is just a hobby of mine. ;)
On top of this, I will add that GPS located addresses are not perfectly accurate yet, it might think your driveway is part of your next door neighbor’s house and perhaps the business might be registered out of their address.

I am assuming here the Mach-E is guessing where OP is going as opposed to him typing in the address or choosing “Home”, with his specific address previously saved.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Maps thinks my house is a drug rehab business aec
So you've got a free advertisement from Ford. Use it!

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
When we bought our home 12 years ago, Google had the driveway shown as a road with a name. I called town hall to be sure it wasn't a legal road (though a little snow plow action would've come in handy).

I wrote to Google and it was fixed in a few weeks.

noname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mache
Country flag
you can disable theses suggestions in maps settings. I also had some weird business associated with my house

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag

Is this your address 32500 Bruggeman Dr, Warren MI owners history, phone number, price, property info and neighbourghood | Homemetry

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
you can disable theses suggestions in maps settings. I also had some weird business associated with my house
Alternatively, you can scroll the page (the one you took a photo of) and press the pencil icon to rename it. Then it will remember whatever you renamed it to.

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
Yep, apparently my house is either a church or dance studio called “Leap of Faith “.
you can scroll the page (the one with “Go” on it) and press the pencil icon to rename it. Then it will remember whatever you renamed it to.

OP
OP
sainttail

sainttail

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag