Ford Maverick Recall, 2.5 Hybrid Engine Fire Issues

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
I was checking the Maverick forums today, and was curious about the actual fuel economy of that little truck, first post on the top was that they are experiencing a recall as well, and there is a delivery hold on that car, what caught my attention is the remedy that Ford is doing to fix the issue, to my basic understanding is that engine block or oil pan may leak fluids on the shield under, as a result, fluid dynamics could cause vapors or whatever liquids are leaking may ignite resulting a fire, now the fun part is that Ford will modify the engine shield by creating additional drain holes so the liquids can escape, instead of repairing leaking engines, looks like Ford is taking shortcuts and cheap ways when it comes to safety and faulty parts, just like with the Mach E, how to resolve cheap contactors? limit performance via software instead of replacing the actual hardware.

Recall notice:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Maverick Recall, 2.5 Hybrid Engine Fire Issues 1657305038842-

Link to the post : https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ated-w-safety-recall-notice-to-dealers.17459/
Sponsored

newmme

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
Ford has had terrible issues lately with recalls. Besides all the MME HV battery issues and your fire recall, there were another 3 million recalled for runaway issues.

Ford runaway recall

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Ford is doing what any manufacturer does - find a fix that satisfies the government and makes an unsafe condition less likely or eliminates it completely.

In this case for the Maverick I'm not sure what else Ford can do. I think you may have misinterpreted the problem. Ford is talking about catastrophic engine failures causing a massive oil evacuation where it could splash onto the exhaust and start a fire. These aren't common failures, but in any vehicle engine failures do happen. These modifications are to make it less likely that the oil splashes onto the exhaust in case of an engine failure starting a fire. Of course fires when engines blow up do happen and probably will still happen a few times on a Maverick.
Sponsored