Ford MME & the Grizzl-E Charger Question

Louie N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang March E
Country flag
Hello,

I got my Grizzl-E smart charger last week. It is replacing the Ford mobile charger that worked great for six months. Then it started to have intermittent the amber warning light come on. This resulted in a dramatic reduction in charge rate of the vehicle. I am working the warranty replacement but it may take 2 or more months.

The Grizzle E has worked well so far (all of one week), but it has one quirk I wanted to ask about.

When I plug in the charger it does not initially start charging. The charge lights of the Ford to not turn blue just sit there on white and nothing happens. If I unplug the charger and plug it back in, it starts charging find with no problems.

What is causing this issue to not charge upon first plugging in? Is this a known issue?

I have a 50 AMP 14-50 NEMA outlet with the proper circuit breaker and the Grizzl-E is set to 40 amps.

The charge rate is excellent taking the car only 4 hours to charge from 40% to 90%.

Thank you for any information.
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
You should also look at the status light on the grizzl-e. What color and how often it’s flashing?
Do you have the smart grizzl-e or the original?

I have two grizzl-e for more than a year now. Honestly, I never stick around after plugging it in. Just walk away and it’s gone up to my max charge every single time so far. Hitting “charge to 100” from the ford pass app also works without having visit the charger itself.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
When I plug mine in the LED turns steady green. That means it is ready and just waiting for the car to signal it wants to charge based on the schedule I have the car set for, 9p-9a charging. When it starts charging the greed LED will flash.

The blue indicator lights on the car don't necessarily light up just because I plug in. Honestly I don't wait around to see if they do or not

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Make sure you don’t have your car on a schedule if you want it to charge as soon as you plug in

OP
OP

Louie N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang March E
Country flag
I have a Grizzl-E smart. The light shows a solid green light when I first plug it in, ready mode. and then flashing green, when charging.

I have no scheduled charge time programed.

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I have a Grizzl-E smart. The light shows a solid green light when I first plug it in, ready mode. and then flashing green, when charging.

I have no scheduled charge time programed.
I have the classic Grizzl-e it charges when the car requests a charge. I think the smart one probably has the ability to select charging times, ect. You probably need to program the smart Grizzl-e.

OP
OP

Louie N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang March E
Country flag
The schedule on the app is set for all day
Sponsored