BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
I too purchased the GrizzlE after watching several reviews on the unit and pricing was good and I did my own wiring from the breaker box so total out of pocket was just under $800 including a county inspection. The best part was the $325 total fed and state credit on my taxes.
I have only had my MME a few days but the Grizzle has been working for over six month with my sisters EV and I am glad I do not have to keep moving the portable ford charger from the garage to the car.
Tony
Sponsored

First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Does this charge faster? And do I need a different kind of outlet?

GibUtes

First Name
Gib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
“The Scout Trooper” 2022 Premium Space White
Country flag
Does this charge faster? And do I need a different kind of outlet?
This YouTube channel has a lot of EVSE details, but they have a episode specifically for the Mach-E.
Link

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
Based on the amount of charging we have done, I would have to disagree. Just over 41k miles so far and charging almost every day, and there has not been much issues, the only one was the first charger that came with it was faulty and had to be replaced. But that was within the first few months. I think a lot of it depends on the setup each person has, inside/outside etc. Eventually replacement with a actual home charging system would be ideal, but we have not been able to justify the cost as of yet.

rafpug

First Name
Rafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 -| Mach E, EX, RWD, Star White
Country flag
Sounds like an ad...
Nice try Grizzle reps!

Joking aside, I got myself a grizzle 30 amp, 10-30 plug from them and has been working flawless for the last 1.5 years on my Mach E. Very happy with their products.

And this was before people started realizing how bad the Mobil charger is, got lucky by buying one from day 1

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I know, I konw, I know... then why do they give you a mount with it? I don't know,
I'd beg to differ....
I've used mine for more than a year to charge both my MME (once or twice a week), and my wife's BMW 330e (which gets charged every day). No problems. 32a is plenty fast enough for overnight for us.

Most of the problems I've seen in the Forum are more likely to be a poor install of the NEMA 14-50 outlet.... bad ground, loose connections, etc.

We have no idea how many of the 50k mobile chargers are being used as daily chargers, or whether reported problems are the mobile chargers, or the outlets, especially if the Outlets were installed 'recently', perhaps without Permit/Inspection.

Last edited:

dgilles428

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach-e GTpe, 20 Lincoln Corsair,19 Ford T350HD
Occupation
retired IT manager
Country flag
Emmm...I've been using my portable charger mounted with the supplied bracket for a year now and have had zero issues. It's on it's own 48A circuit.

Always gets me to 85% by around midnight if I start at 7:00 PM.

I may swap it out for the Pro charger that comes with the Lightning when I get that though.

Mike
I bought an extra Ford protable charger so I could leave one in the trunk, no problems since last October .. I have it mounted and plugged into a 50a outlet, might only charge at 7kw, but that is fine for overnight charging and have never needed or wanted a faster charger.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
From my experience the FMC seemed to be overly temperature sensitive which caused it to reduce the charging rate and then I would get messages in Fordpass that it could not complete charging during my timeframe. It never felt hot to the touch but would perform as normal with a fan blowing on it.

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium Space White
Country flag
In other news…Capital letters aren’t meant for every letter in a word and sentence…

My mobile charger worked fine for daily use for the 8 months I had the car. A lot better than some of the other components in the car.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
In other news…Capital letters aren’t meant for every letter in a word and sentence…

My mobile charger worked fine for daily use for the 8 months I had the car. A lot better than some of the other components in the car.
Someone with a name like “HFn!eSwMFilFX4mxbn&!P9T&G” probably shouldn’t throw stones on forum grammar. 😜

BUT HOW ELSE ARE WE SUPPOSED TO YELL?!?!

NikNad10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
You are making a judgement on something that actually works opposite as you described based on a small number of complaints. It's easier to get people pointing out issues and/or searching for advise on an issue in places that are meant for this type of conversation. It's easy to see a pattern or "issue" when people with the same experience are looking as well. This no way indicates that it is not meant for daily use, which it is and others have commented to that point. The only way to tell would be a proper check on the representative population of owners. I never take anything I see on the forums, such as "widespread issues" as that unless there is definitive evidence.

Last edited:

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
The title of this posting is misleading. It is not based on actual data; it is just an opinion. As always, use case is the most important factor here. I drive less than 20 miles per day 95% of the time and my garage's 120 outlet is more than adequate to charge on a frequent basis (either nightly, or every 2-3 days). I see no need to spend $2,000- $3,000 (here in Mass) to install a 240 outlet and charger in my garage. I have a local fast charger I can use in the rare circumstance I would need it. And, as pointed out by others, of course there may have been issues with some equipment, or even electrical wiring/age issues.....but we'll see how i think about this in a year....
Agreed. It’s also a dumb opinion. First, no data, let alone anything from Ford, to suggest that the mobile charger can’t be used as a “daily” charger.

Second, putting your module charger “back in the trunk” is just dead weight 99.999% of the time. There really is no realistic use case for carrying the mobile charger “for emergencies” unless you really think you’re going to stumble upon a 220 in the wild. Better to call a tow than add 3mi of range per hour on a 110.

Dumb thread.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I bought an extra Ford protable charger so I could leave one in the trunk, no problems since last October .. I have it mounted and plugged into a 50a outlet, might only charge at 7kw, but that is fine for overnight charging and have never needed or wanted a faster charger.
I did exactly the same thing.
Mike
Sponsored