@Ford Motor Company, do you actually care about dealers selling over MSRP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VegasWeezy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium MME ER RWD in Space White
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
I know Ford says the right things in the press, and threatens to withhold allocation from dealers that are gouging customers by charging absurd markups. But do they actually care? Do they actually follow through on these threats or do anything to try to stop this practice?

Look, I understand that there are people out there willing to pay $10k, $20k or even more over MSRP, and the dealerships are businesses trying to make a profit. If they can get it, why not charge it, right?

But it’s ridiculous.

One of the local dealerships (Gaudin Ford) called me last week, “good news, we just got a 22 Premium Mach e you’ve been looking for with extended range”. That’s great, what’s the price? “$86k”.

They were adding $30k to the MSRP. I’m not surprised, and again, I understand people are willing to pay it, and the dealership is in the business of making money. But this is a common practice that Ford supposedly doesn’t want happening. So again I ask, do they actually care? Are they actually doing anything about it? Or is it all lip service
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.