BradCA

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Lexus CT200h
Country flag
To be honest, my impression lately has been that vegan leather is usually now better than the real thing until you get up to Napa leather quality, which I think the F150 Lightning Platinum will have (I assume that's what Nirvana leather is, the Lariat has normal leather).
That’s been my experience also.
Sponsored

First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Hi Mustang Mach-E Owners & Enthusiasts!

Ford Motor Company here. We’re exhilarated to be a part of the MEF community. We will be proactively monitoring this forum and assisting you with your needs. Let us know how we can help! We are just one click away via private message. This thread was created solely to introduce ourselves, and we ask that you continue to post on threads specific to your interests.

We look forward to gathering your feedback as we continue to drive into the electric age.

The rush is real. The team is excited to hear from you….

- Ford Motor Company Social Media Team
Glad to see the Ford Motor Company taking an active and proactive role in the Mustang Mach-E community!

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag

Ford Motor Company here. We’re exhilarated to be a part of the MEF community. We will be proactively monitoring this forum and assisting you with your needs. Let us know how we can help! We are just one click away via private message. This thread was created solely to introduce ourselves, and we ask that you continue to post on threads specific to your interests.

We look forward to gathering your feedback as we continue to drive into the electric age.

Welcome. Loving my Mach E much!

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
PM sent per FMC’s request. But I’m going to paste it here for benefit of the forum….

Thank you for starting an account on this forum. I have been driving a First Edition for over 2mos and 4,000mi. I have generally loved this car but there are some persistent bugs and issues that are still unresolved. My list is below.

Would you please respond to let me know that you (1) acknowledge these issues and (2) are working on fixes? If you can give me an ETA for the fix, that would be awesome, but I’d at least like confirmation that you are actively working on these issues.

1. The Alarm Interior Motion Sensor: Off setting refuses to stay off. It reverts back to On every time I restart the car. (I’ve set a Profile, but it doesn’t retain this and other settings I mention below). This is super annoying because kids, dogs, etc. will set off my alarm unless I remember to manually turn off the interior motion sensor every time.

2. Infotainment Screen Display Mode sometimes reverts from Dark back to Auto. This happens once or twice a week. It is annoying because the Light mode is distractingly bright even in daytime!

3. Radio Presets refuse to save. Supposedly this is being fixed in an upcoming OTA update but haven’t heard when.

4. HVAC sometimes turns On when car starts even though it was set to Off when the car was last turned off.

5. The car sometimes thinks it is navigating to a secret location, showing the checkered flag and miles to destination on the left side of the driver display, but no destination is set in the nav. I have to start and cancel a nav session in order to temporarily clear this bug.

6. The Mach E “functionality” in the FordPass app is a big fat sloppy mess. Currently with iOS, I cannot even do basic stuff with the app, like check on the status of a charging session, or check to see if the car is even plugged in, or make changes to charging windows and max charge settings. Biggest problem seems to be that there is some sort of hangup between the car, Ford’s servers, and the app regarding updating the car’s current status. Information will often be hours out of date despite swipe-down forced refreshes. Currently, it is way better to initiate a public charge using that charger’s own proprietary app because that’s the only way to reliably monitor charging status. FordPass also doesn’t distinguish between different chargers at a particular station, making it a guessing game as to which to initiate. I often initiate the wrong charger and then have to move spots.

Ford has released at least three updates for the iOS app since I purchased the car but still nothing has been fixed with respect to these issues. Part of the problem may be that FordPass wasn’t designed for the MachE. Ford just glommed the EV functions into the existing app designed for its non-EV fleet. It is so clunky for the Mach E. Basically useless right now at least for iOS.

7. The driver screen buzzes like a cheap TV set. Ive taken it to the service center to note the issue, but we’ve heard nothing from Ford. A great many people have documented this, with videos, on this forum. You can cover it up with radio or other ambient noise when driving, but you can hear the buzz when sitting in a quiet car. The buzz changes in frequency when you adjust the screen brightness using the buttons near the driver left knee. Ford has yet to publicly acknowledge this issue. There is no way the screen should buzz like this in a $60,000 car. I would very much appreciate a replacement that does not buzz.

Thank you for opening up this line of communication. I look forward to your response.

Reactions: ARK

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Hi and welcome! My name is Patrick. I have a First Edition Mach-E. I like long walks on the beach, traveling, and watching sunsets. Oh wait... wrong website. Ooops!

j/k Welcome aboard and thanks for engaging with customers on here.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
You may want to reserve judgement. ActiveX is synthetic leather, not vinyl. The Select and CR1 trims don’t have holes.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
You definitely still feel that with leather. A family member used to have a Jaguar with non-perforated leather seats. I hated sitting in that car, always instantly got a sweaty lower back if it was even mild outside because the seats couldn’t breath. Cloth seats are the best if it’s hot out and the car is under the sun.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hi and welcome! My name is Patrick. I have a First Edition Mach-E. I like long walks on the beach, traveling, and watching sunsets. Oh wait... wrong website. Ooops!

Patrick - What is your favorite color?

Do you come here often?

Fords post was just telling us that they are stalking the customers :)

I would love to hear from the forum members who got feedback with the DM's after they get responses. Along the lines if things get resolved or addressed, what they were told etc. I wonder if the responses or support is the same as calling Ford customer Service or is this a real line into Ford. These are not the same and tend to have very different responses.

Again, welcome all.

I am sure the execs know all about the forum, we are a very vocal bunch and never shy.

Addos

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach E AWD
Country flag
Hopefully Ford eventually has a forum of some kind where they can verify VINs of actual customers, and use it as a way for bugs and issues to be filed.

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag

As a future likely Mach-E purchaser (I'm looking towards needing my next vehicle in about a year, when I hand down my 2015 C-MAX Energi to my daughter at college), I am thrilled that you are here and engaged. (See what I did there? :) ) Thank you! {Jonathan}

KumuAina

First Name
Aina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 F-150, 21 MME GT-PE, 22 F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Education
Country flag
Please. Can FMC comment on the status of electronic release for access to the MME frunk?
Exactly - we want the MME to have a power frunk like the F-150 Lightning!!!

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag

I was wondering if this has turned in to one of those agony columns.
Sponsored