Ford Mustang Mach-E Glass Roof Sunshade

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yeah, that's been there as a place holder for many months at this point. And in all that time, they still haven't changed the reference to the "Model Y" sunshade in the description.

aamyotte

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
If that is available it would make the Mach-E an easier sell to my wife. She hates sunroofs, she constantly closes the cover in my car.

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
I have a sun and moon roof in my Mini Countryman and I use the shade all the time. It's basically my default. I hope the MME has better tint but hopefully there will be a solution if not.

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
the tint on the mach-e roof is super. i don't notice any heat transfer at all here in sunny so cal, granted i haven't spent hours under the mid-day sun on a road trip yet. but i'd definitely drive around with it before you spend money a cover.

i don't notice it much at all as the driver but it looks awesome as a rear seat passenger.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
the tint on the mach-e roof is super. i don't notice any heat transfer at all here in sunny so cal, granted i haven't spent hours under the mid-day sun on a road trip yet. but i'd definitely drive around with it before you spend money a cover.

i don't notice it much at all as the driver but it looks awesome as a rear seat passenger.
Agree - when I sat in the rear seat during the initial tour, I was amazed (and jealous of my kids who would be the ones back there most of the time).

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 1995 Taurus, 2014 C-Max
Country flag

I wonder if we have to wait for a hot Arizona / California summer day before there are reports of the acceptability of the tint...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would take a glass roof delete, since it doesn't open anyway, but no way to pair that with the 88kwh battery?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
More waiting, lol. At that point, maybe the Android based Sync (5?) is worth waiting for?

geomarynus

First Name
Manoj George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (B1 Certifier)
Country flag
I placed my Order for the MME Cal Rte 1 Today. During the test drive, unfortunately, we got a pretty hot car maybe it was under the sun for a long time. The funny thing is the dealer rep was bald and tall and he really got upset with the sunroof was giving hot spikes to his bald head. The car was hot too for the entire test drive. He was cursing for this design. But other than that we liked everything else so placed the order. I do not want to order the Select Model as it does not come with the ER battery option.
https://www.tesmanian.com/collections/all/products/ford-mustang-mach-e-glass-roof-sunshade
This is but not available to order hope that they will be available by the time I get my MME.
If they really produce this sunshade would be helpful for all those in need of it.
It only needs for whose MME is going to stay under the sun for long in summer.
Please share the info if any other alternative sunshade is available at any stage.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Agreed. Even on really sunny days down here in FL, I feel no heat when I hold my hand up to the glass roof.

OP
OP
TheSteelRider

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag

Agreed. Even on really sunny days down here in FL, I feel no heat when I hold my hand up to the glass roof.
Also agree. Now that we've had ours for a week and I have been able to experience it, so far not as bad as I thought it would be. Granted, we need to wait for the >100 degree F days here in Texas to be completely sure!

That said, I still pine for a shade. I can see it being useful for example, if you are going to a water park all day (our family's preferred summer vacations), might as well put up all the protection you can.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I've been living with a glass roof on my C-Max in Phoenix (much hotter than anything Florida throws at you) for the past 6 summers. Yes it is smaller than MME, and yes it has a shade. But the heat has not been an issue. I still don't like it, but it is bearable. I am assuming that coating is better on MME, so I am not too worried.
Sponsored