praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
We need to seriously correct them on the EPA miles thing. The Tesla Model Y's epa numbers are way too optomistic, and Ford's are way too conservative. It is common for an MME ER AWD to get better than 300, and Model Y's rare to crack 300, and more likely just get 250. So this needs to stop being a point, especially with lots of real world tests now that show just how good the MME range is, and how poor the Model Y does in real world testing. The Tesla Model Y does not do that well, at all.

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
The Tesla Model Y does not do that well, at all.
Agreed. There's a reason Tesla lost in court against Top Gear UK during the Clarkson days.

Tesla is overly optimistic and likely had the doors taped shut and seats removed to get that number. Hard or impossible to get per a Norwegian test done. All got their EPA advertised or better except... Tesla.

Ford's consistently coming up above ~34 miles: https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/te...rd-range-rwd-beats-epa-range-by-34-miles.html

Griff

First Name
Griff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
PhD Student
Country flag
This is great to know as someone who wants to get a MME over a Y. The other thing I thought the Y had over the MME was charging. It appears to be on the order of 2x faster at a DC charger (per the internet). Is this also exaggerated? I'm also considering holding off for the Ioniq 5 or the EV6 because of the 800V charging option. Just not sure how robust the infrastructure is for that (maybe it's not worth it)

Skierick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD, 2017 BMW 440 Convertible
Country flag
Agreed. There's a reason Tesla lost in court against Top Gear UK during the Clarkson days.

Tesla is overly optimistic and likely had the doors taped shut and seats removed to get that number. Hard or impossible to get per a Norwegian test done. All got their EPA advertised or better except... Tesla.

Ford's consistently coming up above ~34 miles: https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/te...rd-range-rwd-beats-epa-range-by-34-miles.html
Drove my AWD ER from DENVER to Vail today, 220 mile round trip, with 6000 foot gain in elevation to tunnel under the continental divide tunnel and another mountain pass. Used 70% of the battery with 85 mile range remaining. EPA estimated range is very low at 270 miles.

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
EPA estimated range is very low at 270 miles.
Amazing. Even the car underestimates itself.

Left from Lancaster, PA again today, it estimated with built in GPS I'd get home with 30% Got back with 37% on unbridled, heat on for back + AC running.

AWD + standard range and no anxiety. I don't even carry the spare L1 / L2 charger, it would just add weight.
Sponsored