OdellBretthamJr

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, Mach E
Country flag
With the lease like from Ford, you would get the Federal Tax refund and so that would not impact the "lease" payment if you are eligible or not, just how much money get back/owe when you do your taxes.

(I'm sure they will be different options, and payment depends on how much down, how many years, how many miles, etc...)

I know, not an answer.... that said I would like an idea of a couple of possible lease options too.
I appreciate the response, with the lack of communication from Ford any bit of information shared in here is much appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Appreciate the info.

With the potential Ford leasing program for the Mach E, what would be the expected payment for a $58,700 version eligible for the Federal Tax refund?
Well, that's complicated, there are a lot of factors to consider, plus I'm only talking about the USA not anywhere else in the world. But first some clarification, Ford is not offering a traditional lease on the Mach-E in the US (at least until after the Federal Tax Credits expire). Ford Options is a lease like product, available in most states (retail balloon note), where the customer claims the federal tax credit on your taxes completely outside of the financing transaction. Some states will be retail only (no Ford Options) so you'll need to confirm with your dealer.

Your actual payments will vary based on the actual vehicle sales price, any AXZ plan discounts, local taxes, contract APR and mileage options selected. So treat this only as an estimate.

So I'll give you an example based solely on my educated guesses and using the vehicle I'm buying, a Premium AWD Ext Range, estimated MSRP $59,400. At 6% APR, 6% state sales tax and 15k miles per year with no cash down. I estimate the 36 month payment would be about $1,200 and 48 months about $1,020. I plan on putting about 12k down so I'm looking at 36 months at about $830 and 48 months at about $740.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think you will be okay even if your car is the first EV they have seen. Ford gained a ton of useful data from previous EV and PHEV models that you can expect top quality product in the MME. Doubt there will be hardly any EV related failures that your dealer isnt able to handle.
For me the issue is more about just making sure I really like the various aspects of the vehicle -- that it's comfortable, that the seats sit high enough for my tastes, has decent visibility, drives well, "fits" well, doesn't have too many annoying quirks, gets sufficient range and mileage, etc. Even though we feel like we know every little aspect that's possible to know online about it, there's no substitute for hands-on experience to really confirm it.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I have always had employee pricing and the lease programs in the Detroit market make leasing very affordable. Plus, I like getting a new vehicle every 2-3 years, with upgraded features and almost always being under warranty. Sure, I’ve always got a monthly car payment because I never really pay off a loan, but that’s the trade off of keeping my vehicles more current and less likely to need a major out of warranty repair.

For an EV, with the pace of battery and tech innovations accelerating all the time a 3 year old vehicle may feel really old when the contract is up. But... keep in mind that if you really love the MME at the end of the term you can always buy out the contract and keep the vehicle, you don’t have to give it back. So I think going with a Ford Options contract is a good hedge bet. If at the end I like the 2025 or whatever MME better than my 2021, I’ll turn it in. If I still love the 2021 I’ll keep it.
With all due respect, isn't this edited response also correct?

I have always had employee pricing and the purchase programs in the Detroit market make purchasing very affordable. Plus, I like getting a new vehicle every 2-3 years, with upgraded features and almost always being under warranty. Sure, I’ve always got a monthly car payment because I choose to finance my vehicles, but that’s the trade off of keeping my vehicles more current and less likely to need a major out of warranty repair.

For an EV, with the pace of battery and tech innovations accelerating all the time a 3 year old vehicle may feel really old when the contract is up. But... keep in mind that if you really love the MME at the end of the loan you can always opt not to sell and replace, you don’t have to give it back. So I think going with a purchase is a good hedge bet. If at the end I like the 2025 or whatever MME better than my 2021, I’ll trade it in. If I still love the 2021 I’ll keep it.
This is probably outside the topic of this post. I'd love to keep the discussion going though.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
So I'll give you an example based solely on my educated guesses and using the vehicle I'm buying, a Premium AWD Ext Range, estimated MSRP $59,400. At 6% APR, 6% state sales tax and 15k miles per year with no cash down. I estimate the 36 month payment would be about $1,200 and 48 months about $1,020. I plan on putting about 12k down so I'm looking at 36 months at about $830 and 48 months at about $740.
May I ask what you are using to make these calculations? There are plenty of lease and other types of calculators, and using one of them it is unclear to me how you're arriving at those numbers. Plugging in a sales price of $59400, $12k down, 6% interest, 6% sales tax, and 35% residual ($20790) I am getting 48 payments of $768.34.

Conversely, can you approximate what you think the payment would be for a $44,300 Select with $13k down and 0% sales tax for 48months at 15kmi/year?

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Well, that requires a longer conversation. But in short I would say yes (speaking only about leasing in the US, since I don’t know how European leases work). Double yes for an EV.

I have always had employee pricing and the lease programs in the Detroit market make leasing very affordable. Plus, I like getting a new vehicle every 2-3 years, with upgraded features and almost always being under warranty. Sure, I’ve always got a monthly car payment because I never really pay off a loan, but that’s the trade off of keeping my vehicles more current and less likely to need a major out of warranty repair.

For an EV, with the pace of battery and tech innovations accelerating all the time a 3 year old vehicle may feel really old when the contract is up. But... keep in mind that if you really love the MME at the end of the term you can always buy out the contract and keep the vehicle, you don’t have to give it back. So I think going with a Ford Options contract is a good hedge bet. If at the end I like the 2025 or whatever MME better than my 2021, I’ll turn it in. If I still love the 2021 I’ll keep it.
Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for the advice. Kind of the way I am thinking right now.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just purely guessing if 50k units for the first model year would be about 950 to 1k units per week at full production speed. Maybe more per week if production will be less than 52 weeks. So you can try to back into how many weeks you think you’ll be from there.
Probably a little slower at the start and a little faster later on -- need to make room for upcoming holiday shutdowns. Mexico is big on holidays around Christmas and Easter.

My reservation number is 1000439x and my time stamp is 15 minutes after the reveal event ended in Nov for a Premium AWD ER, so my hope is to get delivery by mid-late December.
It'll be interesting to see if your < 5000 Premium or my > 5000 FE arrives first! From what they've said, they'll run the FEs through first but that should only be a few weeks with Premiums starting close behind. Then there are shipping logistics. We'll have to see if they batch ship a bunch of them on trains or dribble them out one auto-carrier car at a time.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
May I ask what you are using to make these calculations? There are plenty of lease and other types of calculators, and using one of them it is unclear to me how you're arriving at those numbers. Plugging in a sales price of $59400, $12k down, 6% interest, 6% sales tax, and 35% residual ($20790) I am getting 48 payments of $768.34.

Conversely, can you approximate what you think the payment would be for a $44,300 Select with $13k down and 0% sales tax for 48months at 15kmi/year?
It's only a ballpark calculation. Ford Options is 35 or 47 monthly payments + the balloon note = 36 or 48 term respectively.

I'm estimating off of an excel calculation spreadsheet using the PMT function. That works kind of like this:
(Sales Price X Tax%) - (Down Payment + Balloon Note) = Amount Financed X 6% interest divided into 35 or 47 monthly payments.

With your assumptions my guess is that a Select RWD on 48 month term at about $410. But these are only my ballpark estimates, your dealer will confirm your actual payments. Your actual payments could vary based on selected mileage allowance per year, plus dealer fees, blah, blah, blah (insert legal disclaimer here).

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It's only a ballpark calculation. Ford Options is 35 or 47 monthly payments + the balloon note = 36 or 48 term respectively.

I'm estimating off of an excel calculation spreadsheet using the PMT function. That works kind of like this:
(Sales Price X Tax%) - (Down Payment + Balloon Note) = Amount Financed X 6% interest divided into 35 or 47 monthly payments.

With your assumptions my guess is that a Select RWD on 48 month term at about $410. But these are only my ballpark estimates, your dealer will confirm your actual payments. Your actual payments could vary based on selected mileage allowance per year, plus dealer fees, blah, blah, blah (insert legal disclaimer here).
Ok, thanks - I realize that's a guess but that's about the middle payment I guesstimated as well. On the low end I figured $390 and the high end $430. Hopefully the website or dealer can give me a tighter range in a few weeks.

jandkw

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Well, that's complicated, there are a lot of factors to consider, plus I'm only talking about the USA not anywhere else in the world. But first some clarification, Ford is not offering a traditional lease on the Mach-E in the US (at least until after the Federal Tax Credits expire). Ford Options is a lease like product, available in most states (retail balloon note), where the customer claims the federal tax credit on your taxes completely outside of the financing transaction. Some states will be retail only (no Ford Options) so you'll need to confirm with your dealer.

Your actual payments will vary based on the actual vehicle sales price, any AXZ plan discounts, local taxes, contract APR and mileage options selected. So treat this only as an estimate.

I like to lease Mach E and wait for the next gen. battery. Wow, this costs a lot to lease Mach E even with the rough estimate. At CES Fisker Ocean announcement, they said the base model costs $37499 before Federal Tax Credit. Lease with no long term contract (3 or more years) costs $379 with $2999 down. You can cancel anytime with no penalty. It is becoming more difficult to consider Mach E.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
In some ways the Fisker Ocean isn't as good, plus it would be longer waiting period. I feel like the Mach E is about $10-20K over priced, but the tax credit absorbs $7500 of that... Right now there isn't a lot of options. The closest is the model Y, or you can pay less for a Bolt (and less cargo, range, etc), or a few other options that are even more expensive.

If you are willing to wait 2+ years there will be many more options. If you can only wait 6 months before you want to purchase, I don't think anything else come close except maybe the model Y (assuming you want something about the same style/size/shape/range/price combo). Current estimate on Fisker is spring of 2022.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
In some ways the Fisker Ocean isn't as good, plus it would be longer waiting period. I feel like the Mach E is about $10-20K over priced, but the tax credit absorbs $7500 of that... Right now there isn't a lot of options. The closest is the model Y, or you can pay less for a Bolt, or a few other options that are even more expensive.

If you are willing to wait 2+ years there will be many more options. If you can only wait 6 months before you want to purchase, I don't think anything else come close except maybe the model Y (assuming you want something about the same style/size/shape/range/price combo). Current estimate on Fisker is spring of 2022.
Or, if you don't care about SUV/CUV and just want an electric car: Model 3, Bolt, Kia, Hyundai, etc.

Baker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smart EV
Country flag
Fisker will probably not be ready in 2022, they don't have the factory, tools, workers, sites, etc...
No idea about who will make the batteries. They are far away to get something on the market. The only way would be to get another manufactory to make they cars like Jaguar F-Pace!!!
Sponsored