grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Ford has said they want to have more affordable electric vehicles. An all electric Fusion-esque vehicle or all electric Edge type vehicle would not surprise me.
My money is on Kuga/Escape or Edge
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Edge wouldn't be built on Mach-E platform for two reasons:
  • Edge is much larger than Mach-E and
  • Edge is built in Canada and that plant has already been targed for an electric vehicle (likely an Edge but not based on Mach-E)

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
  • Edge is built in Canada and that plant has already been targed for an electric vehicle (likely an Edge but not based on Mach-E)
Kuga/Escape then

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Actually in external dimension, the Mach-E (186Lx74W) is pretty close to the Edge (189Lx76W). On the interior though, the Mach-E is much closer to the Escape.

Either way though, I don't really expect it to be an existing model. Probably a whole new name that just happens to be close in size. Especially because slapping an ICE body on the MME frame and powertrain would probably drop range to 200 or something (like the XC40 Recharge does). Aerodynamics means so much more on BEVs because they're relatively weak at high speeds, and need every ounce of help they can get.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Actually in external dimension, the Mach-E (186Lx74W) is pretty close to the Edge (189Lx76W). On the interior though, the Mach-E is much closer to the Escape.

Either way though, I don't really expect it to be an existing model. Probably a whole new name that just happens to be close in size. Especially because slapping an ICE body on the MME frame and powertrain would probably drop range to 200 or something (like the XC40 Recharge does). Aerodynamics means so much more on BEVs because they're relatively weak at high speeds, and need every ounce of help they can get.
While we are waiting for our MME's perhaps we should have a new name guessing competition

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
I was thinking now that the Ranger is nearly a full-size pickup, maybe they'd bring back the Courier name and make a compact pickup again, that might fit the MME skateboard.

But then I did a search, and sounds like an ICE version is already coming...

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-2023-ford-courier-compact-pickup-truck-details/
They actually have one being tested right now, could be called Maverick here and Courier overseas, but a lot of unknowns at this point.

Ford Maverick Spied

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't think so, the Mach E is already very close to the Escape.
Yep. And the Escape already just got a recent refresh, and there's big promise for the PHEV version.
That's why I'm thinking something different than the similar SUV/CUV mold since they already have those well covered. Maybe a Mach-E coup... maybe a small combo truck... maybe even a minivan. Or maybe even a sedan, despite their shrinking popularity.

TxTom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE and 2021 Escape PHEV Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yep. And the Escape already just got a recent refresh, and there's big promise for the PHEV version.
That's why I'm thinking something different than the similar SUV/CUV mold since they already have those well covered. Maybe a Mach-E coup... maybe a small combo truck... maybe even a minivan. Or maybe even a sedan, despite their shrinking popularity.
Maybe a Lincoln?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Mustang Mach-E platform will be used for another electric vehicle 1605132735616

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
While we are waiting for our MME's perhaps we should have a new name guessing competition
I'll bet on the return of the Mercury Cougar.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I'm already looking forward to the Matthew McConaughey commercials for the electric Lincolns.
I'm hoping a licensed version of this song tbh. ;)
Sponsored