EyeOnMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X. Prev: Restored a 67 Mustang convertible
Country flag
You will not get called until the spring. Dealers know the number of reservations but not who the people are. Ford will divulge that info to the dealers in the spring.
So you're saying one of the first items in their timeline, "Dealers call or email to congratulate first Mach-E customers" is already incorrect? That would be some-what embarrassing.

Considering today is the first day of winter they still have the next 3 months to make contact and not blow their timeline right out the gate.
Sponsored

larryjwhite

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity
Country flag
You will not get called until the spring. Dealers know the number of reservations but not who the people are. Ford will divulge that info to the dealers in the spring.
I think you are wrong. I stopped by my dealer Monday and the sales manager looked on his phone and told me that that I was third on his reservation list for a Premium.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Well Galpin in LA has now 70 orders. I told my friend and he said none of these cars have yet to be assigned to sales people. Most from what they could tell were repeat customers. However my specific sales person told me that they are not yet assigning sales to employees and he has to wait until they are assigned.
Remember that dealers are independent contractors as a franchise. For example the email sent out stating about MSRP CANNOT be enforced by ford. It is a suggestion. Realistically I was told that the reason this was said is that dealers typically advertise lower prices based on rebates just like Tesla does when they show a monthly payment based on an average number of gas savings which may not be true.

schmluss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Got a call this morning, but it was to invite me to the showing of the car at the dealership tomorrow night. Not thanking me for the reservation. I think I’ll go and see what’s what.

Pirelli73

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Fraud Analyst
Country flag
Ok I'm a little confused about; Summer 2020 - Charging options communicate charging options. What is this exactly? Is this related to the charging network?

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Ok I'm a little confused about; Summer 2020 - Charging options communicate charging options. What is this exactly? Is this related to the charging network?
I believe this is related to the installation of the Ford Connected charging station or the 240 outlet. Ford is partnering with Amazon to install them in new owners homes and is allowing people to finance the cost along with the car.

Pirelli73

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Fraud Analyst
Country flag
I believe this is related to the installation of the Ford Connected charging station or the 240 outlet. Ford is partnering with Amazon to install them in new owners homes and is allowing people to finance the cost along with the car.

Oh ok. I thought this was something that we had to do on our own with Amazon. I guess this would be cool having Ford help facilitate the process for us and wrapping it into the price of the car.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Oh ok. I thought this was something that we had to do on our own with Amazon. I guess this would be cool having Ford help facilitate the process for us and wrapping it into the price of the car.
I think it also has to do with education. Ford CEO during the video stated that education is the biggest issue with buying of electric cars. I think this might be part of it

Windydrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Bolt EV, 2021 Ford Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Renewable Energy Instructor
Country flag
I'm sorry that quite a few of you didn't get calls from your dealership. I got a call on Monday morning from my salesman thanking me for my reservation and letting me know I'm first on his list above himself. We had a chuckle about that. There were 4 people on the list already and they were getting a few calls about it. Our dealership is the only one EV certified to sell them within 100 miles and they've been selling EVs since the beginning. That's in Central Kansas.

gallopingclassics

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 GT Premium Automatic, 1967 Mustang Coupe, 1998 Cobra
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I received an email from my dealer on Nov 18 confirming my reservation.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I got a call on Nov. 18 to congratulate me on my reservation. Dealer told me I was one of 3 reservations for a GT out of the 9 total reservations that dealer had from Nov. 17.

hag911

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I've not heard from dealer either. Stopped by yesterday and spoke with a sales rep. He did know anything so I asked if the rep I've bought my last cars from was there and found out he was no longer there. So I went to their sister Ford dealership in nearby RI (much bigger, more volume) and got the same thing. No info yet.
I will say that Rapid Red looks great on an Escape.

stang1521

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2014 Focus ST
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I put my deposit down after the reveal. I received a call from my dealer the next morning.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
I’m switching dealers when the time comes. Pisses me off they never reached out.

EyeOnMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X. Prev: Restored a 67 Mustang convertible
Country flag
I’m switching dealers when the time comes. Pisses me off they never reached out.
Been wondering about how one would switch dealers on their reservation. If I end needing to do that I'd rather do it sooner than wait to latter, however, I haven't found any ability to do that within the Ford's website regarding my reservation. I'm guessing one would have to call Ford (corporate/HQ) and ask them to change it?
Sponsored