4pac

First Name
Sphen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE/TeslaY
Country flag
Been wondering about how one would switch dealers on their reservation. If I end needing to do that I'd rather do it sooner than wait to latter, however, I haven't found any ability to do that within the Ford's website regarding my reservation. I'm guessing one would have to call Ford (corporate/HQ) and ask them to change it?
Yes you can contact them and switch or wait until they contact you to confirm your order and options and supposedly you can switch then.
Sponsored

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
This is good information and clears up the timeline well. I received a congratulations message from my dealership already, so that seems to jive. I guess not all dealers are following up on the leads. Talked to the GM at my dealer, however, and he made me feel like the reservation was a bit meaningless and that walk-ins to purchase the vehicle would get priority, even if I ordered it. Makes no sense to me.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Talked to the GM at my dealer, however, and he made me feel like the reservation was a bit meaningless and that walk-ins to purchase the vehicle would get priority, even if I ordered it. Makes no sense to me.
If you walk in instead of just starting a reservation process online, they have greater opportunities to have you drive out same-day with a different set of wheels. This would be an ideal situation -- for the dealership. I don't buy the GM's statement whatsoever.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
This is good information and clears up the timeline well. I received a congratulations message from my dealership already, so that seems to jive. I guess not all dealers are following up on the leads. Talked to the GM at my dealer, however, and he made me feel like the reservation was a bit meaningless and that walk-ins to purchase the vehicle would get priority, even if I ordered it. Makes no sense to me.
Not going to happen...at all. The car HAS to be ordered on line only. The ONLY Mach E that will be in the dealership is the demo one which will not be sold. If the dealership told this thenh I would go to another one that actually knows something.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I think what he means is the Reservation doesn’t have value until the order is finalized in mid 2020. I believe at that point your order would supersede any walk-ins.

I think the only catch/question is will those that didn’t reserve have a chance to place in order with us in mid 2020? Will the reservation numbers themselves have any impact on delivery order? Or I wonder if delivery is in the order that configurations are finalized next year?

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
There are different numbers of cars produced by trim level. Ford has not said the specific numbers except that the First Edition sold out in 7 days.

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
Can you change dealerships? Starting to lose confidence in mine, which is no longer close to work or home anyway.

jeff_h

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Bolt EV
Occupation
DC Commuter
Country flag
The below is an extract of a vehicle visibility report that was posted on a Fusion forum a few years ago (assuming the process hasn't changed drastically since 2012, if at all) when several of us were anxiously awaiting our deliveries of the newly-designed Fusions.

While we were all waiting and discussing the process back then, I remember a post by an inventory manager at a Ford dealership who wrote that someone at every Ford dealer will have access to this tool and if your order is scheduled for production the date will be listed, and then once it is produced another entry, and then when it ships another entry (with rail car number - and there was another post on the forum how to call an 800 number from Norfolk Southern and key in the rail car number on the keypad and get the latest location, it was fun once your car started rolling on the rails), and then progress all the way until it gets to the dealer.

So despite salesmen telling you they don't have access to info about your vehicle order, the inventory manager that posted on the forum said that was total bunk and that they all had the info but were often too lazy to look it up.

This is the type of info that I really hope is available on the Ford owner account since the reservation number is already linked there, I would like to see a button named "show latest order status" and have that button click display the visibility report for that order as with the below. We shall see....

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Mustang Mach-E Timeline (Reservation to Delivery) Veh_Vis_Extract

Last edited:

ToolMan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shelby GT-500, Shelby F-150, '66 Mustang
Country flag
I was surprised. I got a call from my Dealer the day after I placed my order. (Day after the reveal.) He didn't know much, wasn't sure what to do next. Said he needed some info (driver's license, etc.) to confirm my order with Ford.

FusionEnergi

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
I was surprised. I got a call from my Dealer the day after I placed my order. (Day after the reveal.) He didn't know much, wasn't sure what to do next. Said he needed some info (driver's license, etc.) to confirm my order with Ford.
That's great. It shows good customer service or an interest in the purchase. I didn't get a call. I just hope they don't Jack up the price. I put a deposit for the First Edition Grabber Blue with MSRP $59,900. That's going to make a difference in me sticking with Ford or going to the Model Y. I am pretty excited about this new EV since I own a Ford Fusion Energi Platinum.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
You will not get called until the spring. Dealers know the number of reservations but not who the people are. Ford will divulge that info to the dealers in the spring.
My local dealer know about the reservations that are made including the names of the reservation holders. They know even the vehicle option you have reserved. My dealer though hasn't assigned or trained or prepared a team that is dedicated to strictly EV vehicles. This is a matter that Ford has to address with their dealers. Some are going to be better than others. Mostly though, I believe that it will be up to us... reservation holders... to bring them up to speed even if it makes some of us uncomfortable. Remember these dealers they have been selling ICE vehicles for many years. This is a big change and it is disruptive to say the least. They want a new breed of customers. You can see the fear in their eyes when I asked them to show me my reservation. They did find it. What a surprise it was to them who their new/old customer I was. Ford has a tall mountain to climb. Tesla has the advantage. Ford and its dealers need to catch up.

Magic

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, GT-P ordered, Others
Country flag
GM from my selected dealership sent me a personal text the next day about my reservation. I'm thinking this purchase process is going to be similar to one I went through for a 2019 Ford purchase.

Reserved and ordered online at Ford.com and my selected dealer handled the sales paperwork, collecting payment and delivery of vehicle. No ADM!

It was a very easy and pleasant process and I see no reason why this won't be the same too!

E55 KEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
You will not get called until the spring. Dealers know the number of reservations but not who the people are. Ford will divulge that info to the dealers in the spring.
Not so. My local dealership called me and left a voicemail the same day I placed reservation.
Sponsored

Last edited: