Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I went into my Ford account and picked a different dealer there, I'm not sure that applies to the reservation. I originally picked the closest one, but after reading reviews of that dealer I changed my mind.
Sponsored

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I went into my Ford account and picked a different dealer there, I'm not sure that applies to the reservation. I originally picked the closest one, but after reading reviews of that dealer I changed my mind.
Ok I answered my own question - changing my dealer in the Ford website does not change my reservation dealer. I called Ford and they told me that I can make that change in the spring as part of the ordering process.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Don't get me wrong. I have a very good business relationship with my local Ford dealership. They know me by my first name. They have delivered multiple times on my vehicle orders. This time will not be any different. In the meantime, I'm planing the electrical installation of the charger and getting my financing in order. No worries. The email will come soon.
Thanks for your reply.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
I do agree with your post.
10 or 50 cars won't make a big difference to a large dealership. Hopefully this can be a special vehicle in their lineup. I believe the first 50000 vehicles could become 250000.
Will see. Thanks for the reply.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I do agree with your post.
10 or 50 cars won't make a big difference to a large dealership. Hopefully this can be a special vehicle in their lineup. I believe the first 50000 vehicles could become 250000.
Will see. Thanks for the reply.
Not in the first year - Ford has said that the limitation is getting the batteries from their outside supplier. Like Tesla, it appears they will be building their own battery factory eventually

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
My dealer has the list for the reservations that chose their location - I have been chatting with my salesman, he sold me my current Ford, he indicated that, at this dealership, the New Car Manager has the Reservation List. My salesman was totally prepped and ready to talk to me when I was hovering my finger over the mouse to click confirm online back in November - maybe it makes a difference that this dealer already sells the Ford PHEVs... I am interested to hear about the charging options - I have a level 2 charge installed already and it can totally handle the Mach E - but I am wondering if theirs will have any special functionality that might make it worth it to buy the Ford one. Perhaps better communication with the car - the one I have already does all the basics, send me texts, allows for charging schedules, limits charge to 80%, etc. Of course I am excited to view one in person, I am totally bummed that the travelling model hasn't come to the Seattle area yet...

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My dealer has the list for the reservations that chose their location - I have been chatting with my salesman, he sold me my current Ford, he indicated that, at this dealership, the New Car Manager has the Reservation List. My salesman was totally prepped and ready to talk to me when I was hovering my finger over the mouse to click confirm online back in November - maybe it makes a difference that this dealer already sells the Ford PHEVs... I am interested to hear about the charging options - I have a level 2 charge installed already and it can totally handle the Mach E - but I am wondering if theirs will have any special functionality that might make it worth it to buy the Ford one. Perhaps better communication with the car - the one I have already does all the basics, send me texts, allows for charging schedules, limits charge to 80%, etc. Of course I am excited to view one in person, I am totally bummed that the travelling model hasn't come to the Seattle area yet...
The biggest deal about Ford's wall charger is that it can charge at 48A (32 miles of range per hour).

Most chargers are 32-40A but high powered ones like Ford's cost about $1000. Tesla's wall charger can actually charge at up to 80A and costs $500. I bought the Tesla wall charger and will just use an adapter.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I haven't heard a thing from my dealership. Although that might be because they just moved the whole operation into a nice bigger building in the last few weeks.

Scufflegrit

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 BMW X1, '15 BMW 328d, '18 F150
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I haven't heard anything from the dealer I chose either. I'm overdue to take my F150 in for a recall - I'll probably see what's up then.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
The dealer you picked has your reservation. While you are in there ask them to show you your reservation. Good luck.

BryCola

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Nikos...good to see I'm not the only guy from South Carolina here. :)