TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
that is interesting. I read an article by Ford that stated the cheapest way to produce batteries was 24/7 and that they had a sole contract with them. Next time I see it I will post it. However thanks for the clarification. I was unaware.
I think I remember reading that somewhere too. Talked about sharing the batteries with the Ford Transit too, in order to get better economies of scale. I remember that 24/7 reference. That does seem to conflict. Maybe the Ford contract with them is for one dedicated assembly line within the plant, or a dedicated timeframe or something?
Sponsored

Reactions: UW2

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here is the article. It states a dedicated line which I took to mean the entire plant. My bad. Sorry

https://www.motor1.com/news/393131/mustang-mach-e-shares-battery-transit/
Thanks. Yeah, that's what I was assuming but couldn't remember for sure. Interesting how they basically contract for a dedicated assembly line rather than just X number of standard cells. From what I recall, even though the LG Chem plants can produce battery packs too, Ford was going to build their own in the Mexico plant and just ship the cells over to assemble the pack themselves.

Windydrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Bolt EV, 2021 Ford Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Renewable Energy Instructor
Country flag

Jvanderwoud

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Did you get any useful info? I’m thinking of switching from Premium to GT

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Is this possible? I thought battery/color were only editable parts

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
At least with regards to U.S. reservations (and maybe others?): So far, we've been told that when it's time to convert a reservation into an order, all the details of the car can be switched around, including the trim level. The only thing you can't do is switch from a non-First Edition to a FE trim.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
At least with regards to U.S. reservations (and maybe others?): So far, we've been told that when it's time to convert a reservation into an order, all the details of the car can be switched around, including the trim level. The only thing you can't do is switch from a non-First Edition to a FE trim.
This is also true for UK orders (and probably the rest of Europe too)

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I wonder what happens to the FE reservations for those that decides not to follow thru or change to another trim. Will in be available to order or the number of FE produced just gets less (become more limited)?

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I wonder what happens to the FE reservations for those that decides not to follow thru or change to another trim. Will in be available to order or the number of FE produced just gets less (become more limited)?
My guess would be yes but the most likely scenario is that if John Smith Dealership has an FE cancellation they will call their other client with reservations and ask them first if they want to switch. I would not be surprised if all dealerships have a list of those people who want an FE but waited too long so they ordered one and told them to put them on a list.

LBart

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Updated time-line. Order was placed Feb. 26, 2021. Just received an email from FOMOCO 5/20 that production will be the week of July 5. Have no idea how long until I will have it in my possession. I would assume 6 weeks. No Vin number assigned yet.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
My guess would be yes but the most likely scenario is that if John Smith Dealership has an FE cancellation they will call their other client with reservations and ask them first if they want to switch. I would not be surprised if all dealerships have a list of those people who want an FE but waited too long so they ordered one and told them to put them on a list.
In LA FE not taken were given an ADM of $5000

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Updated time-line. Order was placed Feb. 26, 2021. Just received an email from FOMOCO 5/20 that production will be the week of July 5. Have no idea how long until I will have it in my possession. I would assume 6 weeks. No Vin number assigned yet.
Patience. Production day can move a week to the right or to the left. I am saying this because of what happen to us who have ordered early.
Now that production has increased and assy issues have been resolved you might get it sooner. By the middle of August you might be driving it around.
Good luck.
Sponsored