Found this on Twitter...

Sponsored

AceSpades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang GT
Country flag
Doh wish I knew about this earlier so I could take a few days off for the road trip.

Anyone planning on going??

CodyB

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Raptor
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
My son and I are going, we got free tickets from Jeep. I’ll post anything they mention that I haven’t already seen here.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
If anyone is going, can you let us know if they let reservees sit in it? I’d be interested in any feedback on seat/ride height in comparison to a sedan or crossover.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If anyone is going, can you let us know if they let reservees sit in it? I’d be interested in any feedback on seat/ride height in comparison to a sedan or crossover.
That's one of my biggest questions too. I'm still concerned that the driver seat may sit too low for my tastes. I'd love it if someone could take a tape measure and measure from butt-position on the driver seat to the ground. Unfortunately though, at an auto show they probably won't let people get that close.

Overall height is 63" (per Ford's media page). And it appears from pictures that peak height is right over the driver's head. Headroom with the glass roof is listed at 40.5". The glass should only be 1/4" thick, so that should mean the drivers seat height is about 22" off the ground.

Comparing to my Escape (which is about the minimum height I want for seating position for ease of sliding in/out), I measure 65" to the top of the vehicle over the driver (66.3" official vehicle height because it slopes higher behind the driver). I measure 63" to the inside of the (non-glass) ceiling. Specs say 39.9 headroom. So that adds up to about 23" seat height. So if that's all correct, the Mach-e driver seat sits about 1" lower than the Escape. I can live with that. As long as the power seat can be raised similarly to the Escape. I set mine near the high end.

But there's also a part of me that wonders if I should hold off a few years for one of these slightly larger SUVs they're planning...

https://www.engadget.com/2019/08/20/ford-two-more-electric-suvs-by-2023/

Reactions: UW2

CodyB

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Raptor
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
They didn’t let anyone in the car, they said it was preproduction and some things were not even well attached.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Well I went to the SD Auto Show today. Just went to get a visual of the Mach E. Gotta say it looks good in person. Their were no seating inside or anything but could look into the vehicle as the windows were not blacked out so you could see the interior.

The seats look very comfortable like I would assume most luxury cars. It looks like it is the faux leather or vegan quilted leather seats which I have in my car and are extremely comfortable. The tires were the I think Michelin Primacy 255/55/19. This was a prototype or at least a pre production model as the vin that was on it leads to a 1991 Transit Van made in Germany lol.

So the one at the show was all white with it was either badge or grey interior.

But I must say that picture do not tell the whole story this is actually a decent size SUV. I do believe this will be a little bigger than the Model Y and probably compared to the X3 or X4 BMW in size. the Dashboard looks nice and clean with only the center screen and the small display of an instrument cluster behind steerign wheel. Only saw 2 knobs in vehicle. 1 was the volume control on tablet and the other was the gear selector.

ADA8ECCB-E1D9-4C5E-8549-98A323FA522F.jpeg

896E2586-C8D7-43AA-B419-E24A3FE28ED6.jpeg

925B56B6-D63D-44F7-A2B9-7C643626583F.jpeg

B7BE51B9-3AEB-484A-839D-6C863B7F7BA2.jpeg

58657ACB-E114-491F-9839-69D4DFA528F5.jpeg

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nice. Thanks for the report!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That's kind of a bummer that you can't sit in it; I was hoping that when it comes to the Philly auto show in February I could get a feel for what I am buying :)

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
That's kind of a bummer that you can't sit in it; I was hoping that when it comes to the Philly auto show in February I could get a feel for what I am buying :)
I live in NYC. Is the car confirmed to be on display at the Philly auto show in February? If so, I will definitely make plans to come down to say it. I dont want to wait until it comes to the NY Auto Show in April...:D:D:D

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
I am sure it will probably be their. The Philly Show looks to be much bigger than the SD Auto Show. I doubt you will be able to sit in it though as I think for shows they only use the Proto-type versions so they do not want people inside of them as things could be missing or changed. But it does look nice in person. Who knows they might have a different color at that show.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I live in NYC. Is the car confirmed to be on display at the Philly auto show in February? If so, I will definitely make plans to come down to say it. I dont want to wait until it comes to the NY Auto Show in April...:D:D:D
I have no idea, but I figure it is big enough of a show for Ford to send at least one. I hope it will be one of those that was at LA and I can show my reservation email and get in it.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am sure it will probably be their. The Philly Show looks to be much bigger than the SD Auto Show. I doubt you will be able to sit in it though as I think for shows they only use the Proto-type versions so they do not want people inside of them as things could be missing or changed. But it does look nice in person. Who knows they might have a different color at that show.
I would hope so. But it also wouldn't surprise me if the few "show" vehicles they've made so far just keep floating around California for a while.

Unfinished testing vehicles have been spotted a few places around the country, but I haven't seen any reports of the few finished show vehicles showing up outside CA.

Hopefully that will change soon.

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
I am sure it will probably be their. The Philly Show looks to be much bigger than the SD Auto Show. I doubt you will
I have no idea, but I figure it is big enough of a show for Ford to send at least one. I hope it will be one of those that was at LA and I can show my reservation email and get in it.
Since it hasn't been seen outside of California yet, where a quarter of the US reservations are, it would make sense to show them on the east coast. It looks like the Philly and Chicago shows overlap dates... send one prototype to each.

hag911

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Is there a site that lists which auto shows the Mach e will be at? The New England Auto Show is January 15-20 in Boston, and the Rhode Island Auto Show in Providence is January 24-26. I've been to both and they are pretty big. However they're probably too far east to get one to display this soon.
Sponsored