Ford not reimbursing “old” owners for a second key fob.

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Is your car built after July 7th? If yes then should have been a 2nd fob in the owners wallet bundle of stuff.

My dealer removed it and forgot about it. I assumed it only came with one key. Then this SSM came out and I called them on it. It has been about 6 weeks and I still don't have it because they sent it to the wrong address at first. Looking like I may finally get it in the next week or so... Not holding my breath.
Yes. I was told when I picked up "oh you only get one..." I said, nope.

Final thread I sent sales person to followup with the reference:

I also found the reference -- not 7/10 based on my memory reading about it but it was after 7/7 built: (I saved the link off and found it) -- here is the SSM 50176 reference. These SSM's are good. Again thank you for your help!!!
Sponsored

nivlem

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'66 Mustang;'79 Mustang;2015 Genesis;2021 Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I took delivery of my ER Premium Mach E in March, and shortly thereafter started to have problems with PAAK. I raised hell with my Dealer and with Ford until they provided me an additional Fob, at no cost.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/dealer-service-using-paak.6394/page-3#post-201307
Ford acknowledged to me that PAAK is a problem, and that future vehicles would have two FOBs. It now looks like they don't have the balls to follow through and fix a problem they acknowledged is very real. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Both my wife’s and my phone work great with PaaK. Phone locked, in pocket no issues. I have an iPhone XR and the wife has a iPhone 11.
Does your Wife carry the phone in her purse? That was the problem for my Wife. She never has to pull the FOB from her purse to get the door to open! We need to hear more from the Women on this forum!!!

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
Does someone have an info from Ford that July-and-later builds are coming with 2 fobs? I got mine in October and got only one, so it would be nice to point my dealer to a document before asking for the second fob.
Mine was a July 10 build but I bought it off a dealer lot in November. I got two fobs

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Yes. I was told when I picked up "oh you only get one..." I said, nope.

Final thread I sent sales person to followup with the reference:

I also found the reference -- not 7/10 based on my memory reading about it but it was after 7/7 built: (I saved the link off and found it) -- here is the SSM 50176 reference. These SSM's are good. Again thank you for your help!!!
Apparently it is July 6th according to the SSM. So I remembered incorrectly too. Good luck getting your second key.

StrWhtMME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Electric Focus. 21 MME Prm SR, 23 Maverick
Country flag
I have had my Mach E since February, which means I only received one key fob. As I don’t trust PAAK, I purchased a second fob, and, of course, had the dealership program it.
The new key was $277.95, and programming was $130.00.
After waiting to see if Ford was going to offer anything to buyers who only got one fob, I finally reached out to the dealership.
Not reading my whole email to them, they offered me $100 off the price to buy another, as Ford said they weren’t going to do anything for original buyers. I pointed out I already have the second fob, so the dealer’s final offer is they are sending me $100.00.
I guess something is better than nothing.
My MME was delivered 4/21. I was fortunate to purchase a fob from the key fob site posted here on this forum prior to delivery. My dealer programmed it free. Having read all the issues with PAAK, I knew I never use the feature. Glad to here a second fob will now be provided with new deliveries. Most people have there phone in their pocket all the time, therefore it will constantly unlock and lock while walking near the MME.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
I have to say I bought my second fob via the eBay route for $30 early on because i read about the issues and was ready. I'm not mad at Ford for only selling it with one. But when they later announce it now comes with 2 but not for those guys who already bought for the same prices, I have a little issue with that. It's a sleezy thing to do. They need to make it right if they want their early adopters to trust them. Unlikely they'll do anything, but I'm pretty certain the moral ground is that they are in the wrong. @Ford Motor Company.

As for PaaK, I use it sometimes. Anytime it's not an issue for me if I have to fumble around with it not opening, not starting etc It works more often than not, albeit a little slower. But, I've certainly seen those times when it refuses and would hate to be stuck in line at my kids school holding up traffic and have to explain to everyone that Ford sucks so badly that i'm blocking traffic until it decides to work again.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Cars always get new features as time goes on. I've never expected to have my car receive those new features retroactively. When I bought the car I bought it with my eyes open and knew there was only one key fob. Ford added the second fob as a later feature. I have no expectation of getting reimbursed for the second one that I purchased.

If they add cargo netting hold downs in the back I don't expect them to add them to my car. If they add better lighting in the trunk I don't expect them to add it to my car. If they add a physical liftgate button near the driver I don't expect them to add it to my car.

I don't understand where this entitlement attitude comes from. You bought the car as it was and expect them to give you upgrades that later buyers got. I don't get it.

DanHo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME RR 4x & 17 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Does your Wife carry the phone in her purse? That was the problem for my Wife. She never has to pull the FOB from her purse to get the door to open! We need to hear more from the Women on this forum!!!
Yes, she carries it in her purse. I usually have my phone in my front pocket.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
And by the way, despite have a few reliability issues with PAAK when I first picked up the car in July, it has been rock solid since the dealer update and I use it every day leaving the fob at home.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
12 Pro. Left breast pocket. I walk up, open door, drive away listening to my playlist.
12 Pro Max. The back pocket occasionally has issues but not often. Other than that .. perfect except on two occasions (total) where I had to use the door code to get it (but not to drive the car). The phone is locked with FordPass running. Interestingly about 1/2 the time my car will unlock when my phone is in range, phone is locked, and without FordPass open at all.

With all that said, the car should come with 2 fobs, even if PAAk worked 100% of the time for 100% of the owners. And Ford should either give us another FOB, or for people like me, give us the credit in points or something.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Cars always get new features as time goes on. I've never expected to have my car receive those new features retroactively. When I bought the car I bought it with my eyes open and knew there was only one key fob. Ford added the second fob as a later feature. I have no expectation of getting reimbursed for the second one that I purchased.

If they add cargo netting hold downs in the back I don't expect them to add them to my car. If they add better lighting in the trunk I don't expect them to add it to my car. If they add a physical liftgate button near the driver I don't expect them to add it to my car.

I don't understand where this entitlement attitude comes from. You bought the car as it was and expect them to give you upgrades that later buyers got. I don't get it.
Amen ... I wanted to say exactly this.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
And by the way, despite have a few reliability issues with PAAK when I first picked up the car in July, it has been rock solid since the dealer update and I use it every day leaving the fob at home.
I would say that the car itself IS Rock Solid!! Me and my Wife put 1500 miles on a dealer demo before we actually bought one! That was also before we got our first taste of PAAK and Fordpass!!
Sponsored