David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Prem ER AWD, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Clergy
Country flag
Not much to post other than to note that it is what it says. I looked at Ford Accessories today while checking my order status for the millionth time, and noted that the Thule Rack, which others have noted is now fit for Mach-E, is now being sold directly from Ford Accessories. There was a 15% off sale going a while back - not sure if that applies to the Thule rack, but nice deal (if you can get it).

Looks like it may be sold out for now - but it's nice to see Ford selling this *directly* in terms of peace of mind.

Screenshot below, link is https://accessories.ford.com/collections/exterior?pf_t_model=Model: Ford_Mustang Mach-E_2021

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Now Selling Thule Roof Rack Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 3.08.40 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
walla2

walla2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clergy
Country flag
Sorry for the immediate off topic... but is that a Lakeland terrier?
Happy for off topic when for once in my life our dog’s breed gets named right the first time. She is indeed :)

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
From what I read your terrier breed is about the same size as my mom's non-teacup Yorkshire Terrier (18 pounds). He was a great mouser.

I noticed Thule had suction cup crossbar racks, but this seems to be a clamp arrangement? I would rather have a rack the clamps to something rather than hope that the suction cups hold.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Ok since I’m 100% responsible for sending this thread off the rails, allow me to attempt to get it back on track. Are there any viewable specs for it? Will it attach to the roof if you have the glass panoramic roof?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
OK, I can see how people get your breed wrong. It’s a relatively rare breed. You wouldn’t believe how many people get my breed wrong. The only subset of the population who seem to get it 100% of the time outside of dog shows is people at hunting clubs. In most other cases it’s more than 50% wrong. ??

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Now Selling Thule Roof Rack FEAC2FDC-5DF2-4F3D-ADC2-5EBA07C81E71

Back on topic, I wish the Ford site had a photo. I guess I’m off to the Thule site to see if they have pix. ??

Last edited:
OP
OP
walla2

walla2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clergy
Country flag
Ok since I’m 100% responsible for sending this thread off the rails, allow me to attempt to get it back on track. Are there any viewable specs for it? Will it attach to the roof if you have the glass panoramic roof?
Thule has it live on their website if you use their lookup by vehicle, and I *think* they’re cheaper than Ford is, anyway.

Can’t pull a permalink because it seems to be script driven and I’m not all that bright. It looks like the feet are rated at 165lb, while the bar itself is 225 lb. Clips, not suction cups.

I just know I’ll feel better buying it and not worry so much about the glass pano roof knowing Ford is willing to sell it from their page. After it gets built this week, that is.

DOG STUFF SKIP IF BORED - mad props for keeping the wire coat on your lakie. Ours (Siena) was about two days away from me pulling out the clippers in the several weeks after my wife gave birth this year and we were unable to groom her. She was saved at the last minute by a local groomer from that ignominious fate. I told my wife no guarantees we won’t take the easy route when/if child #2 arrives someday. And again, thrilled not be asked if I have a welsh or Airedale puppy!

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
Correct that 165lbs is the max weight:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Now Selling Thule Roof Rack Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 10.53.02 AM

Also, don't go fast! :D

Link to the instruction manual for installing the feet is here.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Never say clippers on a wiry coat! Please strip! ??

Since mine doesn’t shed it’s all clippers (face, feet, tail, neck, belly) and scissors. ??

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
OK, I can see how people get your breed wrong. It’s a relatively rare breed. You wouldn’t believe how many people get my breed wrong. The only subset of the population who seem to get it 100% of the time outside of dog shows is people at hunting clubs. In most other cases it’s more than 50% wrong. ??

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Now Selling Thule Roof Rack Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 10.53.02 AM

Back on topic, I wish the Ford site had a photo. I guess I’m off to the Thule site to see if they have pix. ??
People honestly don't recognize your Pekingese?

OP
OP
walla2

walla2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clergy
Country flag
Honestly wasn't expecting quite the terrier / MME overlap I stumbled into on the forum. This makes my week, quite honestly. I'm clergy, and it's the home stretch before Christmas and EVERYTHING is crazy but this is the amusing type of crazy...

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Honestly wasn't expecting quite the terrier / MME overlap I stumbled into on the forum. This makes my week, quite honestly. I'm clergy, and it's the home stretch before Christmas and EVERYTHING is crazy but this is the amusing type of crazy...
you weren't expecting a near-immediate off-topic reply? you must be very new, welcome! ?

(I can see you joined in May; just being silly)
Sponsored