Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Sigh... is there a way for those of us who haven’t received our cars yet to VOLUNTEER to be guinea pigs? ?
tribute.gif
Sponsored

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
You are already using that system. This forum is monitored. You really think those emails were random... lol...

Well that, and your car is constantly phoning home...

ArtyMachy

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2021 Select AWD
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I got this too. Given my 12v battery issue and the major updates required to get the MMe to properly function, I‘m not sure if I want this.

I definitely want to help, but I feel like my car is a fragile ecosystem, and any new update could undue what was recently fixed.....
so true, It is a known fact that some Tesla users that are first to accept updates suffer from unwanted issues. Although, I have to admit that Tesla is quick to fix them.
But it is also why the roll-out updates very slowly starting with a small number of people.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Or it could be a good opportunity for you to have your voice heard by Ford.
I agree it could be scary to take "beta" software but I don't think they actually labeling it "beta" right?
Would love to have participated.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
so true, It is a known fact that some Tesla users that are first to accept updates suffer from unwanted issues. Although, I have to admit that Tesla is quick to fix them.
But it is also why the roll-out updates very slowly starting with a small number of people.
The same reason I wait on Microsoft, Apple, and Android updates too. I've had a bricked iPad and an Android phone where my battery started draining like crazy after an update. They were all 5+ years ago, but I'm still a little gun-shy lolol

0CO2

First Name
0CO2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Occupation
Academic
Country flag
I declined the NDA so won't participate. Read the NDA terms carefully. It opens up the possibility of Ford invalidating the warranty on your car, and other penalties in exchange for your unpaid participation. The warranty is not something I am willing to risk given the many defects in my MME.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
I declined the NDA so won't participate. Read the NDA terms carefully. It opens up the possibility of Ford invalidating the warranty on your car, and other penalties in exchange for your unpaid participation. The warranty is not something I am willing to risk given the many defects in my MME.
Please don't troll the forum.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
That is not how warranties work.

Moogly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Just got an email

You are among a very select group of owners/lessees invited to provide initial feedback to Ford Motor Company via the Connected Vehicle Data Drive Community!

This important customer collaboration project gives you access to two Over-the-Air vehicle software updates before anyone else as well as the ability to provide Ford with feedback on the update via two short surveys, approximately once a month. Ford is counting on you for your help with this initiative.

In appreciation for collaborating with Ford and supporting this very important initiative, you will receive a $20 Amazon e-gift card code via email after the first Over-the-Air update is complete on your vehicle and you complete the first of two surveys. In appreciation for your time, after the completion of the second Over-the-Air vehicle update and you’ve completed the second survey, you will receive an additional $20 Amazon e-gift card code via email.

To be a part of this very exciting project with Ford Motor Company, please click the link below to complete a short qualifying survey
This looks more like a data mining exercise than a feature beta testing exercise. Also will Ford be responsible for any damage to the car due to defective software?

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
Hopefully they are talking about giving you the Lane Following on mapped freeways option early and without paying the $500 upgrade fee. Make it work well for those of us who will pay for it.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This looks more like a data mining exercise than a feature beta testing exercise. Also will Ford be responsible for any damage to the car due to defective software?
No, it is Ford offering a beta preview of stuff that has already been alpha tested. I doubt it has any self driving in it; probably more like refinements in infotainment, PAAK fixes, charging, etc.

If you want to beta test autonomous driving you have to buy a tesla.