John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia
Occupation
Ct technologist
Country flag
Thank you for this! I know I tried to build out my car and do it that way to show them but when I went to ford.com I was only given Cash as a way to pay for the car. My guess is dealers got upset with the amount of people doing this and they can not make as much money as a dealer or some reason because why would they pull it down?
I posted about having the same issue in the build your MME. It wouldn't show anything but the cash price, no Ford Options plan.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Krimpy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e EXT AWD Space White, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
My dealer was very transparent and told me that they had requested to Ford to not show any of the rates in the online calculator - same dealer that was marking up the rate by 2.5% (which I guess they are allowed to do).
Well that makes sense and is more than likely what they are doing now. I am sort of annoyed by the whole thing with how Ford seems to be handling things and may just walk on it all. I really liked the car when I drove it but at this rate my time is more valuable than this process and I do not want to feel like I was screwed twice, once with the 2k ADM and then with the crappy finance options..

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I sent them the link on Saturday from this forum to look it up. They salesman sent me this picture today saying it does not show 2.25 or 2.5% anywhere. Which he is not wrong it does not but this is not at all what I am reading on these forums so I have no idea what to do! I asked for a meeting with the finance guy and I can't get past my salesman. He said he does everything and they take it to financing.

He is saying it is because they did not run my credit yet and I should be okay but I am not paying almost 6% on this deal if everyone else is getting it for 2.25-2.5%
The 2.25 is the special program rate for Tier0/1 approvals. The rate sheet above was the standard rates not the subvention special program rates.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Well that makes sense and is more than likely what they are doing now. I am sort of annoyed by the whole thing with how Ford seems to be handling things and may just walk on it all. I really liked the car when I drove it but at this rate my time is more valuable than this process and I do not want to feel like I was screwed twice, once with the 2k ADM and then with the crappy finance options..
It's as though they want to get you coming and going by getting 2K ADM and then more than doubling the interest rate to make more money. My dealer gave me the 2.25% Options rate with no argument at all.

I hope you have other financing choices (i.e. credit union) so you can tell them to give you the 2.25% or you will finance privately and they will make no money from the financing at all.

Did they at least confirm the 0.9%/48 mo available from Ford?

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
He is saying it is because they did not run my credit yet and I should be okay but I am not paying almost 6% on this deal if everyone else is getting it for 2.25-2.5%
That can't be true. My dealer's finance guy worked up the Options numbers with 2.25% rate last Tuesday. The following Friday the did the credit check (Both dealer and Ford Credit) and completed the actual contract. Still 2.25% rate.

Really, if your dealer can't find the right numbers, he needs to stop all the dipshittery and get Ford Credit on the phone, so the can learn him what's what.

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Closed my Options sale today with no issue. @Krimpy, reach out to @hybrid2bev as they can help get the proper folks at Ford in touch with your sales/finance team to figure out Options. If they don't want the help, then they are trying to stiff you. I hope they are just uneducated...

OP
OP

Krimpy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Closed my Options sale today with no issue. @Krimpy, reach out to @hybrid2bev as they can help get the proper folks at Ford in touch with your sales/finance team to figure out Options. If they don't want the help, then they are trying to stiff you. I hope they are just uneducated...
thanks! It appears they are trying to help right now. It’s their first option plan so they are looking at the handbook and trying to figure it out. I am optimistic they will. If not I’ll walk and that’s okay. I will order it from another dealer. Don’t want to at this point but I think they know this options plan could help them sell more of them so might as well try and figure it out.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
thanks! It appears they are trying to help right now. It’s their first option plan so they are looking at the handbook and trying to figure it out. I am optimistic they will. If not I’ll walk and that’s okay. I will order it from another dealer. Don’t want to at this point but I think they know this options plan could help them sell more of them so might as well try and figure it out.
Keep us posted. Our turn is coming up (different dealer of course).

OP
OP

Krimpy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Keep us posted. Our turn is coming up (different dealer of course).
I got the car! I did not end up going with the options plan as by the time I bought miles I would have wanted my payment was pretty high. I ended up just outright financing.

OP
OP

Krimpy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
I got the car! I did not end up going with the options plan as by the time I bought miles I would have wanted my payment was pretty high. I ended up just outright financing.
They finally figured it out after a week. I was in no hurry to get the car if the terms did not work for me. So I’m sure they were slightly annoyed with the fact I took my time to confirm everything and then double check it again.
Sponsored