Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I wanted to make a bigger down than Options allows in order to reduce my monthly payment. I guess I’ll just throw more at the first monthly payment and lower the balloon at the end. ?‍♂
Sponsored

THXDIAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VOLVO XC90 T8, MUSTANG GT CONV
Occupation
RETIRED
Country flag
Too soon to tell about future residuals. Purely a guess on my part would be mid 30s to low 40s depending on term and mileage selected. Maybe mid-40s for short term and lower mileage.
Thanks!
For those that have used Ford Options on their MME, what residual value did you agree to?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
I've never done a lease, so am I understanding the residual value of my MME would be 33% My final balloon is $18k with options program vs lease of $15k

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Last edited:
Reactions: JRT

EVRIDER

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mache Premium
I paid mine off 2 weeks after I took delivery of the car. I just paid the full payoff amount that was shown on my first statement. A week later I received 2 letters notifying me of the lien release, and the original installment contract stamped paid in full. Just yesterday, I received a check from Ford for ~$25 for "over payment". Presumably they prorated the interest on the one month that I had the loan. I am quite impressed with Ford's speedy handling of the payoff. It'll probably be another month or two before I receive the title though, yeah DMV.

Back to the OP. If it weren't for this forum, I probably wouldn't have known about Ford Options and the $2500 rebate, and probably wouldn't have bought my MME. The dealer had absolutely no clue what Ford Options is, even though right on their own website they listed a $2500 rebate. I had to press them to get themselves educated on it or I was going to another dealer.
I was also thinking off the same to refinance with CU which is half of the APR that I got with Ford Option plan , my dealer sales guys is telling me to hold until 91 days other wise I will get a Penalty is that true ?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was also thinking off the same to refinance with CU which is half of the APR that I got with Ford Option plan , my dealer sales guys is telling me to hold until 91 days other wise I will get a Penalty is that true ?
No. Read your contract, it should say that there’s no prepayment penalty.

EVRIDER

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mache Premium
No. Read your contract, it should say that there’s no prepayment penalty.
Thank you for referring , I have double check and it say no "if you pay off your debt early, you will not have to pay a penalty " Sales guys is faking with me then

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Thank you for referring , I have double check and it say no "if you pay off your debt early, you will not have to pay a penalty " Sales guys is faking with me then
Oh dear looks like another sales guy to add to the sin bin :mad:, the only penalty is for them the dealer. What typically happens with most ford credit purchases is that the dealer gets a kick back bonus from Ford for each one .

However they only get this after 90 days, so if you pay the Ford credit loan off before then either through cash or your own refinancing the dealer doesn't get that kick back and why you where given a BS story about you needing to wait 91 days.
Sponsored