blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Yea, it's not like the $2500 off had anything to do with people wanting it... Nope, not at all...
That's not everyone. I would take the MME without the bonus and where I live it's $1000 I think. It's not really a game changer here, as if purchasing my GT came down to that last $1000 provided by options.

When in fact the lower payments provided by options is why I ordered the GT, not the money back.
Sponsored

Track44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would guess 91%
I'm one of them. I would not have completed the purchase of mine without options. Even after hybrid2bev got involved on my behalf Shawnee Mission Ford insisted the interest rate was 4.75% and finally conceded the 2.25% but only if I would not do xplan. I'm not done with that battle yet but am now occupied with a car that will not charge (after 895 miles) and has been sitting at a different dealership for a week waiting for technical help from Ford. As much as I like this car, up to this point it has been a terrible experience and it makes me even more certain options was the right choice as I'll have the opportunity to give it back if this trend continues (not to mention lemon law if it stays really bad).

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
God I feel for you Shawnee Mission Ford is the worst. I see they have not changed their spots. I don't buy from them despite the fact that I live 2 blocks away!! What ever you do, do not service your car with them. I have 35 years of experience behind that advice. Not had any contact with them for 20 years...

I did not bother reserving my F150 Lightning with them.

I have to thank hybrid2bev who straightened out my dealer in rural MO. He too claimed options was a lease and they don't do leases.

The $1000 incentive was nice but really for the tax credit and payoff early this was a great program for me and I would have gone for it anyway.

I just wish there was a way to set it up online and not have the dealer have a veto over the offer.

Barno

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Sorry but I had to do the laughing emoji at this one. They sure are patting themselves on the back for all of this extensive education that hardly any dealership even knows about. Most dealerships haven't even heard of options, let alone know how it works.

This quote is hilarious:
"Options has been so successful because of the communications between every department that touches this product, willingness to help and willingness to get people trained,” Hitson said. “It was like an orchestra of people from sales, operations, risk, centers of excellence, IT, legal, e-commerce, e-contracting, brand, product organization and supporting systems"

Oh really? All the way down to the IT departments? Gtfo of here with this self congratulating BS.

I'm personally doing options and only because this forum knows what the options plans are and how it works. If I had waited until my purchase day there's no way I'd understand it. I bet they'd have a lot more people on options if the dealerships knew that it even existed, and if they do know it's available most don't know anything about how it works.
I went with options because of the help that Batman, I mean Bev2hybrid provided me along the way. Wink wink nudge nudge.

Deleted member 4669

Lol. I wantEd to go with the options due to the rebate. My dealership had no clue what it was and told me not to do that. Nobody does balloon payments sits a horrible idea with lots of fees if you cancel early they said. Wish I had all the answers when I signed my papers I would have done it. Some dealerships are so horrible.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I guess I should have read more, but with only $1,000 rebate in Michigan, the 2.25% vs 0.9% on a 4 year loan with nothing down I did the loan.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yea, it's not like the $2500 off had anything to do with people wanting it... Nope, not at all...
I was planning to do the options long before I knew about the $2500. I'm risk averse, and liked the idea of the options ballon giving me a resale floor in the event resale values collapse 4 years from now because there are 500 mile BEVS that charge 10%-80% in 5 minutes. Of course I would have had no idea about the program if it weren't for @hybrid2bev.

@hybrid2bev is THE MAN!

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The biggest problem from a dealer perspective is that there is no margin selling the options product.. They would rather sell a bank finance program with a 1-3 payment "finders fee" to the customer than to get next to nothing for the option program sale.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Yes @hybrid2bev educated me on Options quite a bit!

If not for his encouragement and @JTK44's discouragement ?, I'd have paid cash or used the simpler financing.
All that is true. However, the spreadsheet you posted, helped more than a few of us.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Sorry but I had to do the laughing emoji at this one. They sure are patting themselves on the back for all of this extensive education that hardly any dealership even knows about. Most dealerships haven't even heard of options, let alone know how it works.

This quote is hilarious:
"Options has been so successful because of the communications between every department that touches this product, willingness to help and willingness to get people trained,” Hitson said. “It was like an orchestra of people from sales, operations, risk, centers of excellence, IT, legal, e-commerce, e-contracting, brand, product organization and supporting systems"

Oh really? All the way down to the IT departments? Gtfo of here with this self congratulating BS.

I'm personally doing options and only because this forum knows what the options plans are and how it works. If I had waited until my purchase day there's no way I'd understand it. I bet they'd have a lot more people on options if the dealerships knew that it even existed, and if they do know it's available most don't know anything about how it works.
Nailed it. And thank you to @hybrid2bev
Sponsored