ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Ditto that @hybrid2bev helped a ton, went to the dealership already educated and helped the dealership to double check an interest rate issue when I knew it should be different (2.25%). They weren’t even trying to mess with me, I just happened to be their first Options customer so they were learning too.

The $2,500 incentive was also a big help. Don’t know why a highly anticipated brand new model gets an incentive like that on Day One, but I’m not complaining!
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It does appear the options rebate is gone? Has anyone confirmed this?

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Is the Options plan going to be available for the Lightning as well? I guess I just assumed it was when I was talking to my cousin about the deposit he put down on the Lightning... Although even if it's not, by the time the Lightning is shipping he'll probably have forgotten our conversation... Hopefully lol

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Is the Options plan going to be available for the Lightning as well? I guess I just assumed it was when I was talking to my cousin about the deposit he put down on the Lightning... Although even if it's not, by the time the Lightning is shipping he'll probably have forgotten our conversation... Hopefully lol
Just a guess, but I think Options will be available for as long as there continues to be a significant tax incentive that's restricted to the vehicle's first owner.

richsi

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla M3P, 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's structured like a least but the vehicle is registered in your name and your the legal owner. You pick the number of years for payments and the amount of down payment. They calculate the payments based on the term of the loan minus the down payment and what's left is a balloon payment at the end of the contract. They will include all cash incentives (State/Ford) and you are also eligible for the FED rebate. In a lease you don't own the vehicle and it's register in Lease owner name, then yours. You will not be eligible for the FED rebate in a lease! The interest rate was 2.25% which I didn't think was to bad. It was fast and easy! You have to have GREAT credit or you won't qualify for it! I like it!

blkadr08

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can echo everything here. I only knew about the inner-workings of Options because of this forum. My salesperson kept telling me that it was a lease and they were questioning whether they had done the paperwork properly...
I had a similar experience with my dealer. The Finance Manager didn’t know anything about it. Called Ford Credit, and they had a go-to person who desked the deal remotely and then downloaded it to my dealer. I’m sure they are up to speed now.

mach.film

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD/ER
Country flag
Does anyone know if there is an early payoff penalty or any minimum number of months you have to keep the "lease"?

richsi

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla M3P, 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Does anyone know if there is an early payoff penalty or any minimum number of months you have to keep the "lease"?
Are you asking on a lease or the Ford Option Plan? If you mean the Option Plan, no penalty it's treated like a loan as opposite to a lease.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
There’s no prepayment penalty for you. But if you payoff too early the dealer may get charged back for the Ford Options bonus cash amount.

THXDIAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VOLVO XC90 T8, MUSTANG GT CONV
Occupation
RETIRED
Country flag
My GTPE production is scheduled the week of 9/5! What Options residual values are you seeing out there so far? Is 42%-58% realistic?

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
I paid mine off 2 weeks after I took delivery of the car. I just paid the full payoff amount that was shown on my first statement. A week later I received 2 letters notifying me of the lien release, and the original installment contract stamped paid in full. Just yesterday, I received a check from Ford for ~$25 for "over payment". Presumably they prorated the interest on the one month that I had the loan. I am quite impressed with Ford's speedy handling of the payoff. It'll probably be another month or two before I receive the title though, yeah DMV.

Back to the OP. If it weren't for this forum, I probably wouldn't have known about Ford Options and the $2500 rebate, and probably wouldn't have bought my MME. The dealer had absolutely no clue what Ford Options is, even though right on their own website they listed a $2500 rebate. I had to press them to get themselves educated on it or I was going to another dealer.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
My GTPE production is scheduled the week of 9/5! What Options residual values are you seeing out there so far? Is 42%-58% realistic?
Too soon to tell about future residuals. Purely a guess on my part would be mid 30s to low 40s depending on term and mileage selected. Maybe mid-40s for short term and lower mileage.

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
For the record my dealership/salesman knew nothing of the options program and tried a red carpet lease first. I sent then the link from ford website for them to figure it out.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
another bolt catches on fire. was on fox 41 news here in louisville. Was a teacher at a local high school car, male high school in louisville. Maybe that is why the damn thing was so cheap.
Sponsored