Ford Options Financing... not an option?

markmck

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I placed my order at the end of November, vehicle has shipped due late July.

Dealer I ordered through has been very good to work with. They have replied to email inquiries very promptly, I've been happy with them so far.

I sent an email to the dealer asking if they would happen to know if the $2,500 Options incentive will be extended past July 6th. Can't hurt to ask, right?

Rep from the dealer asks me to give him a call and he tells me that they aren't doing Ford Options Financing. I asked him to check again to make sure, but that is what he was told.

Anyone else run into this problem? I suppose if the $2,500 incentive isn't extended it may not make sense to go with Ford Options... but if it is, I would like to go that route.

Thanks!
Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I placed my order at the end of November, vehicle has shipped due late July.

Dealer I ordered through has been very good to work with. They have replied to email inquiries very promptly, I've been happy with them so far.

I sent an email to the dealer asking if they would happen to know if the $2,500 Options incentive will be extended past July 6th. Can't hurt to ask, right?

Rep from the dealer asks me to give him a call and he tells me that they aren't doing Ford Options Financing. I asked him to check again to make sure, but that is what he was told.

Anyone else run into this problem? I suppose if the $2,500 incentive isn't extended it may not make sense to go with Ford Options... but if it is, I would like to go that route.

Thanks!
Ford Options isn't available in the handful of states, but PA isn't one of them. Ask to speak directly to the finance guy at the dealership.

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2021) Space White, Premium, AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
I ran into quite a few dealers that did not offer Ford Options financing at all in my search for a dealer to place an order with. The dealer that I did place the order with seemed to think that the incentive will be around for a long time as its a program specifically for the Mach-E.

Unfortunately it is not the same experience for everyone between dealerships.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Every single time I've shown up preapproved, every single time, the Finance guy says, "we can't work with your credit union". I usually just do a "whatever" and flip the loan the second I'm out the door.

It's complete bull bleep baring something I'm unaware of.

Basically, the Finance guy gets a bigger commission through some other source and wants to use that.

Once again, the dealer model adding value to the customer.

Hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Every single time I've shown up preapproved, every single time, the Finance guy says, "we can't work with your credit union". I usually just do a "whatever" and flip the loan the second I'm out the door.

It's complete bull bleep baring something I'm unaware of.

Basically, the Finance guy gets a bigger commission through some other source and wants to use that.

Once again, the dealer model adding value to the customer.

Hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.
This normally stems from dealer incentives such as if they go through ford credit they get a nice bonus, but they only get this kick back once the credit term goes past 90 days so even though paying off the ford credit loan early will typically not incur you the customer any penalties, the finance guy will tell you not to pay it off with a loan sourced by your credit union / bank until 90 days as they are not going to get that bonus if you do it the next day after driving the car of the lot.

Last edited:

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I’d check directly with Ford Credit. They’re the ones offering Ford Options financing and it’s special for the Bronco and Mach-E. I don’t think the dealer gets to tell you that you can’t use a product offered by Ford Credit. In fact I bet Ford Credit would be very unhappy to hear that dealers are refusing to sell their advertised product (the product being the loan).

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I’d check directly with Ford Credit. They’re the ones offering Ford Options financing and it’s special for the Bronco and Mach-E. I don’t think the dealer gets to tell you that you can’t use a product offered by Ford Credit. In fact I bet Ford Credit would be very unhappy to hear that dealers are refusing to sell their advertised product (the product being the loan).
I think you meant the Lightning and Mach-E, but yes that’s true.

@markmck if would DM me the dealership name and the city where they are located and any specific person you are working with, then I can have the Ford Credit dealer rep contact them with the information they need to do Ford Options.

OP
OP

markmck

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I think you meant the Lightning and Mach-E, but yes that’s true.

@markmck if would DM me the dealership name and the city where they are located and any specific person you are working with, then I can have the Ford Credit dealer rep contact them with the information they need to do Ford Options.
Thanks for the offer @hybrid2bev ...I'm going to see how they reply today and will DM you if they are unwilling to do Ford Options.

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
What I've learned through my research is MANY dealers don't know what Ford Options is. So when I first reach out and ask I would get the same "sorry we don't offer that" response.

But they eventually come around after a little pushing and educating them by providing the Ford Options website, the specific program numbers, and lastly showing them a Mach-E built on the Ford website with their dealership selected with Ford Options clearly displayed on the finance calculator.

It usually takes them a few hours to get back but after I provide them all that the response I get back is usually "sorry! Yes we do offer Ford options, we haven't done a financing this way yet so I'm familiarizing myself with the program now"

stephywephy88

First Name
Stephywephy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Same here. The salesperson I placed with also said their dealer isn't "participating," so I sent them the information and webpage and asked them to look into it. They confirmed "not participating." I called the GM to ask if I could transfer my (non-built) order to a new dealer, who also asked me what Ford Options. I was too busy to explain Options again and got my deposit back, and put it on a car at the other dealer who knew exactly what Options was and the incentive amount.

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag

Yes, I was not presented or offered Ford Options by Fullerton Ford, despite asking numerous times about the tax incentive....

His reply - well you asked for a lease. Yes, while also asking 4+ times about the tax incentive, which I was told to contact a CPA. If I was told, you need Ford Options to claim it, I would've chosen that.

Kind of angry about the entire experience. The fact I was able to pick it up next day was great, but they didn't include my first month payment in a hefty 5k+ DAS, and it was 99 over what was quoted.

Classic car dealer shenanigans, but wished I was presented or offered Ford Options.

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
2.5 hours waiting at a dealership when it was empty, was not presented with it.

Just my down payment $99 over what was negotiated, and a surprise that the first month wasn't included.

I guess this is my fault for working with lease brokers the past few years.

A) clarify ford options availability - they will likely not present it
B) bring your own financing if they don't do ford options - i didn't, due to lack of knowing about it, and now I don't get a tax credit
C) deline etching, maintenance packages, and don't let them make you sit 2.5 hours at the dealer.

It was awesome that i was able to pick up the car the next day, but I would have brought my 1.38% financing and just purchased it if I knew I was getting screwed with no tax credit.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My GT-PE is stuck in the “no production date yet” stage and my dealer told me that they didn’t think the PE would be covered in Ford Options or X-plan. They did tell me that they would get every incentive available when the car is ready to give to me.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
There's nothing for them to "work" — Other than provide the amount due and accept the check.

OP
OP

markmck

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Thanks for the offer @hybrid2bev ...I'm going to see how they reply today and will DM you if they are unwilling to do Ford Options.
I heard back from the dealer... sounds like they are going to work on figuring out how to accept Ford Options financing. So, I'm hoping I'm OK... I appreciate everyone's comments. I'll update this thread if things change.
Sponsored