Ford Options... How Much Is It Really Going To Cost Me???

dcacosta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hello again everyone!

So I received word from my dealer that my FE is supposed arrive tomorrow. Unfortunately they have not done much as far as numbers are concerned, so I don't have any concrete info on what my payment is going to be (I'm fearful they don't have a clue how to structure an Options contract. I've read the horror stories)....

I used the payment spreadsheet thing that was posted on here, and for the FE with the X Plan discount, $2,500.00 options incentive and the CA Clean Fuel Reward, it's looking like my payment for a 36 month term is going to be around $800.00 per month. I only plan on putting $3,500.00 down as I have never kept a vehicle for more than three years.

So, I am wondering, should I be expecting my payment to be in this range? Is that around what other's are paying?

I'm not completely green when it comes to leasing, but it seems high because when I leased my BMW X5 Hybrid in 2017, the sale price was almost $80,000.00 and yet my payment was only $806.00 per month.

Talk some sense into me guys... Thanks!
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
You can go to ford.com-> mach-e -> configure as if you're going to place an order. After you pick the battery and color, there's a calculator in the upper right corner. In there you can play with the downpayment, 36/48 term, miles, etc and figure out your payment within $10. That will not account for the $7500 you get back next year on your taxes. Consider that $200 off your payments

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
If your dealer participates in the clean fuel rebate program, you will have a total of $4100 that can be considered your down payment.

Are you planning to put even more down?

If you have the 4100+3500 as down, for a 12K mileage plan, your options monthly would be around $950.

im in CA and for 12K, my monthly was a tad over over $1K per month, and that was with the standard $4100 in rebates and bonus cash (or no out of pocket down).

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
You can go to ford.com-> mach-e -> configure as if you're going to place an order. After you pick the battery and color, there's a calculator in the upper right corner. In there you can play with the downpayment, 36/48 term, miles, etc and figure out your payment within $10. That will not account for the $7500 you get back next year on your taxes. Consider that $200 off your payments
Not correct. I doesn't take into account sales tax which will add to the monthly payment at least $100+ (of course, for states with sales tax).

Last edited:

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
agree. i got the premium std rwd, so less expensive version of your car.

x-plan, ford options, 12k/yr, ca clean reward, fed tax credit, $4000 my own money down.. works out to about $500/mo for 3years

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
agree. i got the premium std rwd, so less expensive version of your car.

x-plan, ford options, 12k/yr, ca clean reward, fed tax credit, $4000 my own money down.. works out to about $500/mo for 3years
That doesn't add up...unless you put another $7500 down. The tax credit does not get taken off the purchase price at point of purchase.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Not correct. I doesn't take into account tax sales which will add to the monthly payment at least $100+ (of course, for states with sales tax).
Whoops, sorry. In NJ BEV's are exempt so it was correct for me. I guess reduce the downpayment you enter by the sales tax amount.

pkrish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium ER RWD
Country flag
I have never leased a car before and I am trying to figure out if Ford options is really worth it. I realize there is a $2500 incentive but wIth 2.25% APR and a very conservative residual value estimate from Ford, I worry Ford options might be a more expensive option in the end when compared to purchasing at 0.9 APR and selling it after 3-4 years. Am I missing something?

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
That doesn't add up...unless you put another $7500 down. The tax credit does not get taken off the purchase price at point of purchase.
not exactly sure what you mean, but i am paying ford credit $700/mo but once you factor in the $7500 off my taxes, it works out to $500/mo for this car

Ructtel

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR RWD, Chevy Bolt, Subaru Outback
Country flag
I have never leased a car before and I am trying to figure out if Ford options is really worth it. I realize there is a $2500 incentive but wIth 2.25% APR and a very conservative residual value estimate from Ford, I worry Ford options might be a more expensive option in the end when compared to purchasing at 0.9 APR and selling it after 3-4 years. Am I missing something?
I just picked up my Mach-E SR RWD a couple days ago. They would only give me the $2500 Ford Finance credit with the Ford Option (balloon payment) plan. I ended up financing ~$39k @ 2.25% for 48 months with the balloon. That works out to 47 payments of $492 + one final payment of $18,430. Total interest is $2630. So, about $130 net finance changes vs about $760 in finance charges for 0.9%, 48-month conventional loan. So, for me it works out to be a $630 savings going with the Ford Option. Of course, I can pay off the loan early and save more.

I also like knowing I have a guaranteed sale price of at least $18k in 4 years if I decide not to keep the car.

Last edited:

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
not exactly sure what you mean, but i am paying ford credit $700/mo but once you factor in the $7500 off my taxes, it works out to $500/mo for this car
Amazing what can happen when one uses their mind for good. We can see the future.
;)

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ford options isn't really a lease, it essentially is a finance contract with a guaranteed selling price at the end of the term. If that guaranteed price turns out to be too low you can still extract that additional equity by trading it in on another Ford or buying the car and selling it or trading it in on something else.

pkrish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium ER RWD
Country flag
Ford options isn't really a lease, it essentially is a finance contract with a guaranteed selling price at the end of the term. If that guaranteed price turns out to be too low you can still extract that additional equity by trading it in on another Ford or buying the car and selling it or trading it in on something else.
Makes sense. I never thought of the residual value that way. I might have just changed my mind, especially with the $2500 incentive, I think it should offset the APR difference in 4 years

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
If you plan to sell after 3-4 years, Options is the easier option as you can easily provide the car back to the dealer.

With $2500, you come out ahead generally speaking.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Options... How Much Is It Really Going To Cost Me??? Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 12.50.32

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
I just picked up my Mach-E SR RWD a couple days ago. They would only give me the $2500 Ford Finance credit with the Ford Option (balloon payment) plan. I ended up financing ~$39k @ 2.25% for 48 months with the balloon. That works out to 47 payments of $492 + one final payment of $18,430. Total interest is $2630. So, about $130 net finance changes vs about $760 in finance charges for 0.9%, 48-month conventional loan. So, for me it works out to be a $630 savings going with the Ford Option. Of course, I can pay off the loan early and save more.

I also like knowing I have a guaranteed sale price of at least $18k in 4 years if I decide not to keep the car.
Is this for Select trim? In California they should add Clean Fuel Rewards rebate also ($1500) is your dealer is signed for that program. If dealer didn't apply that, you still can apply for it by yourself - just FYI, if you don't know...
Sponsored