WiilysStang

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Nissan Leaf SL
Country flag
Down payment is about how much you want to pay monthly... lower down payment means higher monthly payment and vice versa. What is lowest acceptable you have to check with your dealer
The reason I brought this up is because one of the options is to just return the car to the dealer and walk away, but one would think that Ford would have you build lots of equity prior to this.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The reason I brought this up is because one of the options is to just return the car to the dealer and walk away, but one would think that Ford would have you build lots of equity prior to this.
That‘s really just a guaranteed buy-out price. It has nothing to do with how much you put down. The difference between the purchase price and the buy-out price will be paid with a down payment and monthly payments. The higher your down payment, the lower your monthly payment (and vice versa).

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
With options the amount of residual is fixed. So when you walk away don’t pay that residual amount. It’s fixed. So likewise what your car price or cost is for the car for your term is then fixed too right... msrp- residual. this amount is is what you are financing and this financed portion ... is what I and @generaltso are saying that lower down payment higher monthly payment.

the equity you are thinking of will only be built if value if the car at the end of your term is higher than residual and again this will be the same irrespective of monthly payment.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Sorry - search function is not working on the forum today for me. I can't seem to find any indication of whether or not the Ford Options calculator is taking into account state sales tax. I assume that I would have to roll that into the payment, and since it is not technically a lease the tax would be based on the full selling price.
Can anybody in Michigan, who has done the Ford Options, answer whether sales tax is figured on the full selling price or difference between selling price and residual value.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Can anybody in Michigan, who has done the Ford Options, answer whether sales tax is figured on the full selling price or difference between selling price and residual value.
Full price.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
True.

I'm told the update has happened effective as of today. The $100 ADA bonus cash should now be stackable with all sales types.

ADA Bonus Cash
Announcement #: FDCI-25841C
Program #: 13924
Hello Hybrid2bev or can I call you Hy? Kidding.

I am weeks away from delivery in NJ and most items seem set with my dealer, except he said he didn't know about the $2,500 incentive for Options. I can find it in my X-Plan pricing from Mustang Club, but not sure where to tell him to look in Ford. Do you have a Ford link I could direct him to?

Thanks.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Hello Hybrid2bev or can I call you Hy? Kidding.

I am weeks away from delivery in NJ and most items seem set with my dealer, except he said he didn't know about the $2,500 incentive for Options. I can find it in my X-Plan pricing from Mustang Club, but not sure where to tell him to look in Ford. Do you have a Ford link I could direct him to?

Thanks.
Sure. Here is where the dealers can find all the information about Options on the FMC Dealer site:
FMCDealer » Finance (tab) » Consumer Finance Programs (left side menu) » Ford Options

On the Ford Options page the dealer will see the Options Payment Estimator, eContract instructions, Ford Options Handbook and Fact Sheet.

Other helpful info:
Ford Options Rates
Announcement #: FDCI-25606
Program #: 21220

Ford Options Bonus Cash
Announcement #: FDCI-25700
Program #: 13896

$100 ADA Customer Bonus Cash

RCL Factors
Announcement #: FDCI-25684
Program #: 60296

AXZD Plan Pricing: ECF08916, Published Feb 16, 2021

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Sure. Here is where the dealers can find all the information about Options on the FMC Dealer site:
FMCDealer » Finance (tab) » Consumer Finance Programs (left side menu) » Ford Options

On the Ford Options page the dealer will see the Options Payment Estimator, eContract instructions, Ford Options Handbook and Fact Sheet.

Other helpful info:
Ford Options Rates

Ford Options Bonus Cash

RCL Factors

Maybe it's just me, but I went with Ford Options and was surprised that they charged me interest on the ENTIRE MSRP not on the difference from the Residual.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe it's just me, but I went with Ford Options and was surprised that they charged me interest on the ENTIRE MSRP not on the difference from the Residual.
That's because Options a retail installment contract not a lease. Just like any other retail contract you are financing the whole amount. The only difference is Options gives you a different payment schedule and choices on what to do at the end of the term.

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
That's because Options a retail installment contract not a lease. Just like any other retail contract you are financing the whole amount. The only difference is Options gives you a different payment schedule and choices on what to do at the end of the term.
Learned that the hard way at the dealer. Did the deal though.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag

Other helpful info:
Ford Options Rates

Ford Options Bonus Cash

RCL Factors

So super helpful. Thank you very much.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
@hybrid2bev can you recalculate the payments on a regular loan by Ford like you can with Ford Options by applying the tax rebate?

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@hybrid2bev can you recalculate the payments on a regular loan by Ford like you can with Ford Options by applying the tax rebate?
There are procedures for "Lump Sum Reschedules" on retail accounts. There are some rules around it, but yes it is possible.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
There are procedures for "Lump Sum Reschedules" on retail accounts. There are some rules around it, but yes it is possible.
Great to know. Thanks. My dealer said "no," but didn't know about that or options. He's also a friend and worked hard today to get up to speed.
Sponsored