Sundeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Would I be able to trade-in my current (RAV4) if I choose Ford options ?
Sponsored

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Would I be able to trade-in my current (RAV4) if I choose Ford options ?
I’m sure you could but that would be between you and the dealer. I don’t think Ford would care.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I’m sure you could but that would be between you and the dealer. I don’t think Ford would care.
Yes that is correct. You can work that out with your dealer.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yes that is correct. You can work that out with your dealer.
Except that there's a cap on how much you can put down - $8998 on the Select, for example

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Except that there's a cap on how much you can put down - $8998 on the Select, for example
Yes, you're right, there is a max down payment on Ford Options (just like a lease). That's why I said work it out with the dealer. :D

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Yes, you're right, there is a max down payment on Ford Options (just like a lease). That's why I said work it out with the dealer. :D
Do you know if you can add more mileage to purchase beforehand like a lease? I drive about 31K a year. Or just do the max allowed if you are considering buying at the end anyway.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you know if you can add more mileage to purchase beforehand like a lease? I drive about 31K a year. Or just do the max allowed if you are considering buying at the end anyway.
Additional miles may be added only at the time of vehicle sale when 19,500 mileage option is selected (eligibility varies by state). Check with your dealer.

If you're going to buy the vehicle out anyway then the mileage limit does not matter from a penalty perspective. But you could select the mileage based on how you want the buyout at the end to play out. For example, if you select really low miles option (7,500) you’ll have a lower monthly payment during the contract then your buyout will be higher (higher residual value). If you select higher mileage option (19,500) you’ll have a higher monthly payment during the contract then your buyout will be lower (lower residual value).

Last edited:

opennetus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Additional miles may be added only at the time of vehicle sale when 19,500 mileage option is selected (eligibility varies by state). Check with your dealer.

If you're going to buy the vehicle out anyway then the mileage limit does not matter from a penalty perspective. But you could select the mileage based on how you want the buyout at the end to play out. For example, if you select really low miles option (7,500) you’ll have a lower monthly payment during the contract then your buyout will be higher (higher residual value). If you select higher mileage option (19,500) you’ll have a higher monthly payment during the contract then your buyout will be lower (lower residual value).
I could see picking the lowest mileage Ford Options instead of a loan (when you are 100% committed to keeping the car), just to get a lower payment while still being able to retain a very good interest rate (which would be lost with a longer term traditional loan financing). The balloon amount at the end doesn’t matter since you can just refinance whatever amount it is into another low interest rate loan.

Though, if you typically drive a low/average amount like 10-12k a year, you might as well do a 12k since the monthly payment isn’t that much higher and you aren’t actually “losing” money (it is not a “fee”) since you will have a lower residual at the end. Guessing mileage accurately keeps your options open.

Are there “hidden” fees I am not aware of (if you keep the car) beyond the financing interest rate? Seems like, interest rate wise, Ford Options is no worse than a traditional (loan) financing for 48 months. The money saved from the lower monthly payments could just be placed into a 100% safe investment, like bank CDs, and then be used to pay the residual at the end. As long as that investment Income (minus income tax) is better than the loan interest rate, you are better off paying off the car as slowly as possible.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
When researching Ford Options, don't worry if the numbers seem to be a bit.. strange looking. They are supposed to be wavy. ;)

Ford Mustang Mach-E "Ford Options" Mach-E Lease vs standard lease - similarities and differences 1593699805166

opennetus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
When researching Ford Options, don't worry if the numbers seem to be a bit.. strange looking. They are supposed to be wavy. ;)

Ford Mustang Mach-E "Ford Options" Mach-E Lease vs standard lease - similarities and differences 1593699805166
it says the disposal fee is “waived with renewal” but I should think it also wouldn’t apply if you “retain” the car. My understanding is that the purpose of that fee is to clean out the car and other costs related to preparing it for sale to a new owner. If you are keeping the car at the end of the 36 or 48month term, they don’t need to clean the car.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Good stuff. We’ve leased 4 Ford vehicles and I’m debating leasing the Mach-E. The main reason being just to get my feet wet in the electric vehicle world. Still have a Fusion hybrid under a lease for another 2 years. Never had a complaint and I like upgrading to a newer vehicle which perhaps the Mach-E will improve or slide me in to a GT ?
I have leased my last 2 Fords and I liked the way it works. I did a Consumer Reports survey and it said that I should lease because I like "the new shiny things." That rather applies here too. ;)
Sponsored