Chiefsfan

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GS350
Country flag
I don’t get why Ford doesn’t do what Audi does on a standard lease and just give you credit for the $7500 in the capitalized cost. Audi will own the car and get the credit. They pass it on to you through a lower price.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I don’t get why Ford doesn’t do what Audi does on a standard lease and just give you credit for the $7500 in the capitalized cost. Audi will own the car and get the credit. They pass it on to you through a lower price.
This may have been discussed on pages 1-27 and on many other posts on this forum.

RCProAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Is anyone else in the state of Georgia hearing from dealerships that the “Ford Options plan doesn’t apply” to buyers in Georgia?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m planning to sign the 36 month contract for Ford Options next week. The dealer emailed a draft of the contract for me to review. My concern is in the section called Additional Agreements. In paragraph E, it says ”you may not sell or rent the vehicle...”. So, what if you end up hating the car, or something unexpected happens and I want to get out of the contract? Can’t I sell the car and payoff what I owe Ford Credit? Even though it says the loan can be paid off without penalty, this sentence makes it seem like you need to keep the car for the full 35 months.

I‘ve reread all 28 pages in this thread, but can’t find an answer to my question. What am I missing?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I’m planning to sign the 36 month contract for Ford Options next week. The dealer emailed a draft of the contract for me to review. My concern is in the section called Additional Agreements. In paragraph E, it says ”you may not sell or rent the vehicle...”. So, what if you end up hating the car, or something unexpected happens and I want to get out of the contract? Can’t I sell the car and payoff what I owe Ford Credit? Even though it says the loan can be paid off without penalty, this sentence makes it seem like you need to keep the car for the full 35 months.

I‘ve reread all 28 pages in this thread, but can’t find an answer to my question. What am I missing?
It's hard to say since you posted a fraction of a sentence without all the context surrounding it.

But yeah I think you're original understanding is correct. If you want out early, you buy the car, or trade it in, or pay the remainder of the first 35 or 47 payments and turn it in.

Maybe the section you're referring to is just letting you know you may not sublet the property while Ford has a lien on it?

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

You absolutely can pay it off.

What you are not supposed to do is sub-lease the vehicle. And your not supposed to use it for ride sharing under a “personal use” contract.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Is anyone else in the state of Georgia hearing from dealerships that the “Ford Options plan doesn’t apply” to buyers in Georgia?
@generaltso is correct.

It sounds like a dealer that doesn’t want to do Options. If you still are having trouble after showing them that Options is available in GA and want to DM me the dealership name and city they are in, plus who you are working with. Then I can have the Ford Credit dealer rep contact them with the information they need.

RCProAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag

RCProAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
@generaltso is correct.

It sounds like a dealer that doesn’t want to do Options. If you still are having trouble after showing them that Options is available in GA and want to DM me the dealership name and city they are in, plus who you are working with. Then I can have the Ford Credit dealer rep contact them with the information they need.
Thanks I’d really appreciate that! I’ll see what he says now that I’m asking for refund terms for my deposit. If he doesn’t want to acknowledge Ford’s website, then I’ll definitely take you up on that offer. Otherwise, I guess I will end up either cancelling and getting in line for a GT with a dealership that will honor Options or head back to Audi for the e-tron or Q4. It costs more, but at least I’d be granted the tax credit off the top in addition to all their other incentives ??‍♂

jddrews

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
Quick question regarding down payment... On the Ford Options web page it mentions the maximum allowable down payment as being 30% but in the instructional video it's listed as 25%. Is anyone aware of the correct percentage?

https://www.ford.com/finance/finance-options/ford-options

Also, with Ford Options would my trade-in value count in addition to my down payment or be considered as part of the down payment?

I've tried reaching out to Ford/Dealer about this but can't get an answer.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Quick question regarding down payment... On the Ford Options web page it mentions the maximum allowable down payment as being 30% but in the instructional video it's listed as 25%. Is anyone aware of the correct percentage?

https://www.ford.com/finance/finance-options/ford-options

Also, with Ford Options would my trade-in value count in addition to my down payment or be considered as part of the down payment?

I've tried reaching out to Ford/Dealer about this but can't get an answer.
The correct max down payment is 30%, which includes your trade and any rebates, such as the $2500 (or $1000 depending on your area) Options incentive.

jddrews

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
The correct max down payment is 30%, which includes your trade and any rebates, such as the $2500 (or $1000 depending on your area) Options incentive.
Great! Thanks for clearing that up. We only get the $1,000 incentive here in Oregon, but I should be able to claim up to a $5,000 ev rebate on the back end. Getting closer.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great! Thanks for clearing that up. We only get the $1,000 incentive here in Oregon, but I should be able to claim up to a $5,000 ev rebate on the back end. Getting closer.
One other point that isn't widely discussed is that sales tax wasn't included in the 30% calculation. I'm not sure if that depends on your state, but for me, I was able to put 30% down and also pay the sales tax and title/registration in full.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Is it just me, or has anyone noticed the Ford Options finance calculator on the build site now has the APR at 5% and no more $1000 incentive? I'm due to grab a Mach-E being delivered next week that was a customer cancel, and I went to the calculator to check my options, and now it's different than it was when I last tried in on Friday. I wasn't necessarily going that route, but I have a week to compare my options, and seems Ford Options just became the worst one.

Options.png
Sponsored