John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Just went back to the Ford order page since we are getting closer . . . Ford Options for my area shows a $2,500 incentive if delivery by 1/4/2021. Financing with Ford Credit you can get .9% for 48 months, but NO incentives. Wondering if this is what it will be at this point.
Sponsored

Reactions: UW2

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Just went back to the Ford order page since we are getting closer . . . Ford Options for my area shows a $2,500 incentive if delivery by 1/4/2021. Financing with Ford Credit you can get .9% for 48 months, but NO incentives. Wondering if this is what it will be at this point.
Note that those offers are still location based. For my ZIP I only see $1000 inventive for Options and a 1.9% loan APR offer.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
How do you find the incentives? Do you have to go through the process of ordering a car, ie, picking a dealer, etc?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Wow, no incentives in NJ. Just the .9% for loan.
But don't you guys in NJ (or is it youse guys?:)) have a $5,000 incentive from the state? We have none of that in OH.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Wow, no incentives in NJ. Just the .9% for loan.
If you select the "ford options" there's a $2500 incentive. I'm guessing it is a concession for the options rate being so bad

But don't you guys in NJ (or is it youse guys?:)) have a $5,000 incentive from the state? We have none of that in OH.
Yea, in joisey we got a deal you can't refuse

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I see $2500 Ford Options Retail Bonus Cash until 1/4/2021 with my zip code (northern California).

Can I pay off the entire Ford Options (including the balloon portion) a few days/weeks/months after taking delivery? In other words, I'd like to get the $2500 rebate without paying much interest.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I see $2500 Ford Options Retail Bonus Cash until 1/4/2021 with my zip code (northern California).

Can I pay off the entire Ford Options (including the balloon portion) a few days/weeks/months after taking delivery? In other words, I'd like to get the $2500 rebate without paying much interest.
I was looking at the same, but I don't think you can. You're essentially signing up for a subscription for 3-4 years.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

Ford Options is a retail financing contract (with a balloon option) so it can be paid off early.

Though the dealer would usually want you to keep the loan open for a period of time (up to 90 days I think) so Ford does not charge them back on the rebate. Ford does not want dealers to encourage people to finance with Ford Credit just for the rebate so they put in a dis-incentive and can charge back for the dealers for the rebate amount if the customer pays off early.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Ford Options is a retail financing contract (with a balloon option) so it can be paid off early.

Though the dealer would usually want you to keep the loan open for a period of time (up to 90 days I think) so Ford does not charge them back on the rebate. Ford does not want dealers to encourage people to finance with Ford Credit just for the rebate so they put in a dis-incentive and can charge back for the dealers for the rebate amount if the customer pays off early.
Yeah, I don't want to screw over my dealer. 3 or 4 months is totally fine.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Yeah the key thing here is whether the contract allows for prepayment without penalties. Hard to find any info on this, but if there is such a clause, definitely worth waiting a few months before prepaying it all to claim the additional rebate.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Yeah the key thing here is whether the contract allows for prepayment without penalties. Hard to find any info on this, but if there is such a clause, definitely worth waiting a few months before prepaying it all to claim the additional rebate.
It'll be right here in the Regulation Z disclosures. This is an example of a Michigan contract (but review your contract before signing). Ford Options uses the normal retail installment contracts with an additional section filled out for the balloon.

Ford Mustang Mach-E "Ford Options" Mach-E Lease vs standard lease - similarities and differences 1605218929032

And also on the back disclosures.

Ford Mustang Mach-E "Ford Options" Mach-E Lease vs standard lease - similarities and differences 1605219073294

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
It'll be right here in the Regulation Z disclosures. This is an example of a Michigan contract (but review your contract before signing). Ford Options uses the normal retail installment contracts with an additional section filled out for the balloon.

Ford Mustang Mach-E "Ford Options" Mach-E Lease vs standard lease - similarities and differences 1605219073294

And also on the back disclosures.

This is awesome. Thanks for the additional info!