OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I'm in the finance office now and they keep calling it a lease. I'm being asked to pay an $825 security deposit. I'm confused. We're both frustrated. Any help would be appreciated
There's no security deposit and no acquisition fee with Ford Options. I sent you more info in the DM.
Sponsored

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here's a qustion: can you modify on Options? We see words about "wear and tear" so we assume no. On a lease you cannot swap wheels, paint the car, etc...

On Options can we do those things IF we return it?

With all the issues we opted for Options to give us an out.
You could be charged for anything that is not as it was delivered, but that only matters if you return the vehicle to Ford Credit. If you trade it in, refinance or payoff the balloon then there are no wear/mileage charges. Modify to your hearts content.

If you want to return the vehicle and you swap out the wheels, just swap them back to the stock wheels before returning the vehicle. If you wrap the car then peel it off before returning.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
There's no security deposit and no acquisition fee with Ford Options. I sent you more info in the DM.
Whatā€™s the process when a dealer denies that Ford Options even exists? Iā€™m really worried Iā€™m gonna run into issues where I ordered, just cause of my luck.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Whatā€™s the process when a dealer denies that Ford Options even exists? Iā€™m really worried Iā€™m gonna run into issues where I ordered, just cause of my luck.
Start financing discussions the week your vehicle is due to be delivered. Really need to have things underway by the time the car arrives. Be polite but insistent that you want Ford Options.

If it was me I would have these conversations in writing, text or email. I would use the Ford Options calculator that @macchiaz-o put together. Send the Options payment estimates to the dealer so both of you are on the same page. Tell the dealer your approximate balloon amount and that you want either a 35 and 1 or a 47 and 1 payment schedule depending on if you want 36 or 48 months. This should let the dealer know that you know what you are doing and you know how the program works.

If your dealer is still not coming around then DM me. Iā€™ll need to know the name of the dealership, what city they are located in and the names of the people you are working with. I can have someone work with the dealership to help them figure it out.

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Start financing discussions the week your vehicle is due to be delivered. Really need to have things underway by the time the car arrives. Be polite but insistent that you want Ford Options.

If it was me I would have these conversations in writing, text or email. I would use the Ford Options calculator that @macchiaz-o put together. Send the Options payment estimates to the dealer so both of you are on the same page. Tell the dealer your approximate balloon amount and that you want either a 35 and 1 or a 47 and 1 payment schedule depending on if you want 36 or 48 months. This should let the dealer know that you know what you are doing and you know how the program works.

If your dealer is still not getting coming around then DM me. Iā€™ll need to know the name of the dealership, what city they are located in and the names of the people you are working with. I can have someone work with the dealership to help them figure it out.
Awesome, thanks so much!

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
Test drove a Mach-E premium, and I really like it. Want to buy one, but they don't have the exact options I'd like. Had a few questions about manufacturing and financing:

• I'd like Iconic Silver as the color. They only inventory available with that color is the Select. They had one on the lot, and boy, did it look nice! I asked about a custom order for a Premium Silver and the dealer told me Ford wasn't even making new Silver's right now. Is this true?
  • I was told that a custom order Premium wouldn't be delivered until 2022. Realistically, how long should I expect to wait for it?
  • Like many of you, I'd like to do the Ford options financing. Something I noticed while playing around on the Ford website is that the Ford options for a GT uses a 1.4% rate and the Premium uses a 2.25% rate. Is there any particular reason for this? I might consider a GT if they offer better financing.
  • The $2,500 discount with the Ford Options has a disclaimer of "take new retail delivery by 10/04/2021." Does this mean if my custom order doesn't come in by 10/04/2021 (a month from now) I won't get the discount?
  • Oh... and like many of you, the dealer wasn't exactly aware of how Ford Options worked, and thought it was a lease when I described it. I guess the correct procedure is to send them a screen grab of Ford's website?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Test drove a Mach-E premium, and I really like it. Want to buy one, but they don't have the exact options I'd like. Had a few questions about manufacturing and financing:

• I'd like Iconic Silver as the color. They only inventory available with that color is the Select. They had one on the lot, and boy, did it look nice! I asked about a custom order for a Premium Silver and the dealer told me Ford wasn't even making new Silver's right now. Is this true?
  • I was told that a custom order Premium wouldn't be delivered until 2022. Realistically, how long should I expect to wait for it?
  • Like many of you, I'd like to do the Ford options financing. Something I noticed while playing around on the Ford website is that the Ford options for a GT uses a 1.4% rate and the Premium uses a 2.25% rate. Is there any particular reason for this? I might consider a GT if they offer better financing.
  • The $2,500 discount with the Ford Options has a disclaimer of "take new retail delivery by 10/04/2021." Does this mean if my custom order doesn't come in by 10/04/2021 (a month from now) I won't get the discount?
  • Oh... and like many of you, the dealer wasn't exactly aware of how Ford Options worked, and thought it was a lease when I described it. I guess the correct procedure is to send them a screen grab of Ford's website?
Thanks in advance!
1. Have not heard that about Silver. Sounds like the dealer just want you to buy the one they have. The only color I know of that was totally removed was Infinite Blue. Carbonized Grey was also removed but was replaced with Dark Matter Grey Metallic, a very similar color.
2. Yes, if you order a Mach-E now you'll get a 2022 model. Orders for the 2021 model closed on 9/3. I'd guess if you ordered now it would be like Dec or Jan for delivery?
3. The GT is more expensive than the other models, so the GT program interest rate is lower to help make the payments more similar.
4. The Ford Options Bonus Cash has been extended for the last 2 quarters. It probably will be again, but there's no promise of that.
5. You can provide the dealer with the Program number from the finance calculator on the Ford build and price site. The dealer can also call their Ford Credit representative to learn more about Ford Options. Or tell them to go to FMC Dealer >> Finance >> Consumer Finance Programs >> Ford Options

Last edited:

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
Appreciate the response. If I were to order a GT, any chance it would be the 2021 model (since production is done later in the year) or would it roll over into 2022 as well? Thanks.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

jddrews

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was just configuring a fake order on the FMC website and noticed the finance calculator was missing and then there was a message that ordering was not available at this time. You may have to wait until 9/27 to put an order in. ...And you should expect to wait 4-6+ months for delivery.
Probably longer, have an order from Feb. that still isn't here yet.

HRH

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester & Legacy (ordering 2022 asap)
Occupation
RN
Country flag
I was just configuring a fake order on the FMC website and noticed the finance calculator was missing and then there was a message that ordering was not available at this time. You may have to wait until 9/27 to put an order in. ...And you should expect to wait 4-6+ months for delivery.
I placed an order on Saturday, 09/11/2021, for a GT PE. It was accepted by a dealer this morning. It did go to an error message several times. I thought perhaps I was taking too long.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I have a question about Ford Options, and apologies if this has been answered somewhere in the 39 other pages here. I've used the calculator on the Ford website when you build a Mach E GT Performance (as I'm getting) and I get an interest rate of 1.4%.

My dealer is telling me that they'll be working up my "financing options" on the day I come in to pick up the car -- and they've refused to do this earlier in an email to me -- and so I am wondering what funny business they'll try and do. I really don't trust this dealer so far, they've refused to work up any of the paperwork or my trade-in before the car shows up.

Does the dealer have any ability to change the interest rate offered for Options? Is there a way I can find out the interest rate with my credit score prior to the date I visit the dealer for them to screw with me to pick up the car?

How would you guys suggest I get the dealer to get me the Options breakdown before I show up on that day? I've got some ideas but looking for suggestions from @hybrid2bev or others. Thanks!

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
I have a question about Ford Options, and apologies if this has been answered somewhere in the 39 other pages here. I've used the calculator on the Ford website when you build a Mach E GT Performance (as I'm getting) and I get an interest rate of 1.4%.

My dealer is telling me that they'll be working up my "financing options" on the day I come in to pick up the car -- and they've refused to do this earlier in an email to me -- and so I am wondering what funny business they'll try and do. I really don't trust this dealer so far, they've refused to work up any of the paperwork or my trade-in before the car shows up.

Does the dealer have any ability to change the interest rate offered for Options? Is there a way I can find out the interest rate with my credit score prior to the date I visit the dealer for them to screw with me to pick up the car?

How would you guys suggest I get the dealer to get me the Options breakdown before I show up on that day? I've got some ideas but looking for suggestions from @hybrid2bev or others. Thanks!
My dealer also wouldn't do anything until the day I picked up the car, which was really frustrating. As a result, I was also on alert going in to pick up the car, but everything turned up fine in the end. The finance guy actually understood Ford Options. But I still didn't appreciate their unwillingness to work with me. You might want to consider pressing the issue with the GM, although that didn't help me. (And you're getting a more expensive car than I did!)

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

If you go to the Ford Build and Price site you can see the program numbers listed there for the APR program (#21276) and the Ford Options Bonus Cash (#14004). Be polite but insistent that you want Ford Options and give them the program numbers.

There's no way to know how your deal is going to score until it is entered in the system. The APR program is for Tier 0/1 approvals. If you have great to good credit you may qualify.

@macchiaz-o made a great calculator to estimate what your payments would be.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/poll-ford-options-vs-finance.2883/post-92089

In the end if your dealer is struggling with Ford Options then send me a DM, I can have someone give them a call or visit them to help them find the information they need.
Sponsored