"Ford Options" Mach-E Lease vs standard lease - similarities and differences

blahmeh14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Ah, welcome to the forum!

Yes, you are correct. If you choose to finance through Ford Credit, then the rates and incentives that they can offer to you are determined during the purchase/delivery transaction, not when you place a custom order.
Thanks! Probably placing my pre-order within the next month since I’ll need a new car when my current lease is up in summer 2022. Hopefully the APR on ford options is good when I take delivery — otherwise I’ll have to strongly consider just paying cash!
Sponsored

roz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 on order
Country flag
What happens if you pay more than your monthly? Let’s say your balloon payment is 20k, but at the end of the 3-year period, your extra payments decreased this by 5k. Do you still have the option of returning the car to Ford? Would they reimburse you the extra 5k since the potential value of the car is supposed to be 20k at that point?

Rickyricardo27

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD S & Tesla M3P
Country flag
I have some financial questions, hopefully you guys can help me. Just trying to work all my numbers to minimize the dealer playing games. 1. On Ford Options would the sales tax be calculated on the full price of the car? Or just the portion before the balloon payment? 2. Can the sales taxes be rolled into the total financing?

I’m assuming this varies by state. I’m in Illinois, but for the sake of argument let’s assume that it’s allowed.

Would I then multiply the dealer selling price on a 2021 MME Premium standard batt AWD ($51,640) x my local tax (6.25%) - balloon payment (7500 mile/yr $20,300) - down payment $4,000 - current incentives $2000 x 48 months @ 2.7% = $675. Any Numbers people out there willing to check my math? :)

here’s another variable… I’m turning in my lease early and hoping they pay it off and break me even. Numbers work with what the car is worth and how much ford credit says it would cost to buy it. Not sure how the taxes would work on that since it was a lease. I’m assuming I get no trade in tax back since I probably only paid taxes on the payments. I know that’s another state specific thing… I’m thinking worst case if they try to play games with that I can always sell the car to carvana since they’re offering pretty close to the purchase value. Thanks to anyone willing to help me through this! You guys are awesome

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I have some financial questions, hopefully you guys can help me. Just trying to work all my numbers to minimize the dealer playing games. 1. On Ford Options would the sales tax be calculated on the full price of the car? Or just the portion before the balloon payment? 2. Can the sales taxes be rolled into the total financing?

I’m assuming this varies by state. I’m in Illinois, but for the sake of argument let’s assume that it’s allowed.

Would I then multiply the dealer selling price on a 2021 MME Premium standard batt AWD ($51,640) x my local tax (6.25%) - balloon payment (7500 mile/yr $20,300) - down payment $4,000 - current incentives $2000 x 48 months @ 2.7% = $675. Any Numbers people out there willing to check my math? :)

here’s another variable… I’m turning in my lease early and hoping they pay it off and break me even. Numbers work with what the car is worth and how much ford credit says it would cost to buy it. Not sure how the taxes would work on that since it was a lease. I’m assuming I get no trade in tax back since I probably only paid taxes on the payments. I know that’s another state specific thing… I’m thinking worst case if they try to play games with that I can always sell the car to carvana since they’re offering pretty close to the purchase value. Thanks to anyone willing to help me through this! You guys are awesome

Maybe macchiaz-o's calculator can help:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/poll-ford-options-vs-finance.2883/post-92089

jddrews

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
I just posted the same thing in the regional PNW thread but it certainly applies here...

I just bought my car yesterday. One HUGE surprise is that I got the full $2,500 incentive for Ford Options. It was only $1,000 through October, I believe. There was also another $600 incentive added which I'm still not understanding, but win/win, right? So, total off MSRP was $3,100! Not bad at all. There was no ADM.

Another thing I would recommend if you're going with Ford Options on your order is to go through the online checkout process. You'll have all your numbers available so you can compare that with what the finance guy is coming up with. Landmark Ford in Portland was excellent, btw, but it was only the 2nd time they'd worked out a Ford Options plan so they were still unfamiliar with it. There was no funny business and they worked diligently to match what I came up with through Ford Credit.

Massive enormous thank you to @hybrid2bev for all the info provided in these threads and I was delighted that I didn't need to send him a DM in order to get out of a jam.

IMG_1321.jpg

jddrews

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How does one do this? Does this work with X-plan as well?
Did you order a car? When it gets delivered to the dealership Ford will send you an email with a link to complete your purchase. You do all that and then go to the dealership to sign the paperwork.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Did you order a car? When it gets delivered to the dealership Ford will send you an email with a link to complete your purchase. You do all that and then go to the dealership to sign the paperwork.
Yeah, it's on order currently. Guess I'll have to see if I can enter X-plan on that email link to complete my purchase. I'm assuming you didn't do X-plan?

jddrews

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, it's on order currently. Guess I'll have to see if I can enter X-plan on that email link to complete my purchase. I'm assuming you didn't do X-plan?
Correct. There’s a box you can check if you’re using x-plan.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
So how can I find out the current state of Ford Options? I might be able to get a GT PE and would sell my Premium AWD Extended for it. It would essentially be a wash, other than what I've paid monthly since July, for the GT PE, if Options is still doing the $2,500. Also, does anyone know what the best interest rate is now? I think I've been seeing some people say they've gotten 1.4% and 2.25% was the best when I got the car, that would save me like $15 a month or something.

No Ford calculator at all for it anymore, before they let you pick your miles and all that stuff to see the payment amount, even calculating taxes. Such a bummer!!

Rickyricardo27

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD S & Tesla M3P
Country flag
So how can I find out the current state of Ford Options? I might be able to get a GT PE and would sell my Premium AWD Extended for it. It would essentially be a wash, other than what I've paid monthly since July, for the GT PE, if Options is still doing the $2,500. Also, does anyone know what the best interest rate is now? I think I've been seeing some people say they've gotten 1.4% and 2.25% was the best when I got the car, that would save me like $15 a month or something.

No Ford calculator at all for it anymore, before they let you pick your miles and all that stuff to see the payment amount, even calculating taxes. Such a bummer!!
I’m curious what people are getting too in terms of interest rates. Calculator is working when you go like you’re ordering one. Showing $2000 and 2.7% on Options, but that might vary by location. I’m in Illinois

9281B7AE-3D3E-42CC-826E-F311EDCEBDEB.png

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I’m curious what people are getting too in terms of interest rates. Calculator is working when you go like you’re ordering one. Showing $2000 and 2.7% on Options, but that might vary by location. I’m in Illinois

9281B7AE-3D3E-42CC-826E-F311EDCEBDEB.png
In Colorado, I got the $1,000 bonus and 1.4% last evening.

Eric

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E "Ford Options" Mach-E Lease vs standard lease - similarities and differences 9281B7AE-3D3E-42CC-826E-F311EDCEBDEB
Yeah that's how I've pulled it up before but it is different now. It just lets you select the term like it is traditional financing. If I do 36 months it says 1.9% is the promo APR but doesn't say "Ford Options" anywhere and says no available incentives, which I think is wrong. If I do longer terms, the APR just changes, 72 months has 5.9% as the "promo" APR lol.