"Ford Options" Mach-E Lease vs standard lease - similarities and differences

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
sales tax is based on the x-plan price, which includes destination (which is taxable).

rebate and options cash are applied as separate line items.
Ok, just to clarify... If my zip code is 94583 and I am buying Premium Standard RWD and my MSRP is $47,000, then, according to X-Plan pricing for my zip code, the taxable amount will be $44,835 - Net Plan Price in column 3 (that includes Destination)?
Sponsored

Mgayle83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Sorry you had to endure this. Sometimes you have to wonder exactly what value added the dealer is providing.
My dealer does not even know what the options plan is. I will have to cancel my order and create a new on at another dealership that does which means I have to have longer. These franchises are making this so much harder than it needs to be.

Reactions: DBC

deekevmattmeg

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
My dealer is telling me I do not qualify for the $2500 because I am choosing the options plan. Then they said if I qualified that I could only have the $2500 or the state $1500 incentive. How does that even make sense? He also told me that the sales tax is included in my monthly payment but from what I just read that is not the case. What disqualifies you from the $2500 incentive cash? and what do I need to tell this guy so that they get me on the right plan? Just these steps:

FMCDealer » Finance (tab) » Consumer Finance Programs (left side menu) » Ford Options

On the Ford Options page the dealer will see the Options Payment Estimator, eContract instructions, Ford Options Handbook and Fact Sheet.

Also, if anyone successfully purchased a Mach E in So Cal, can you please share with me what dealership you bought it from. I might have to cancel my order and change dealerships or tell mine to call yours.

Thank you everyone
That is interesting as their own web site allows you to use the financing calculator and whenever you select the Options choice it automatically provides the $2500 incentive.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Ok, just to clarify... If my zip code is 94583 and I am buying Premium Standard RWD and my MSRP is $47,000, then, according to X-Plan pricing for my zip code, the taxable amount will be $44,835 - Net Plan Price in column 3 (that includes Destination)?
The pricing on the website applies to the base. If you have any additional add-ons, that would be added accordingly, for example paying extra for paint, interior protection etc..

X-Plan discount is 2% of MSRP + $275.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Can you please check if your dealer calculated sales tax on "MSRP+Delivery+Options" or he calculated tax on "MSRP+Delivery+Options - X-Plan - Clean Vehicle Rebate - Ford Options Incentive" amount? My dealer insists on first scenario, but I think, like in any transaction in any store, you have to deduct rebates first before calculating the tax. Could you please let me know - with or without sharing your numbers. I live in Bay Area.
Sales tax is based on :
X-Plan Price + Document Charge ($85 in my case)

Rebates and bonus cash are then applied as part of your down-payment.

Rebates are typically a post-tax benefit, not pre-tax. Rebate isn't a discount ; even in-store rebates are applied/provided separate to the sales txn and not taken off the actual retail price.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
My dealer does not even know what the options plan is. I will have to cancel my order and create a new on at another dealership that does which means I have to have longer. These franchises are making this so much harder than it needs to be.
Yes they are making it far harder than it needs to be, and generally not doing anything for customer satisfaction in the process.

You might choose to be more persistent. The fact they haven't heard about it isn't a big deal. It's new and different, they have a lot to do, and they may not be the smartest bulbs in the pack. However, Options will show up when they pick the financing package -- it's just in the software. That does not mean they will offer the 2.25% APR rate. They can try to game this to make extra. You would need to confirm the rate.

I'd also complain to Ford. Dealers are supposed to know about Ford financing. They might help you move your order.

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
I'll add our story; we decided to stop by the dealership to preemptively get financing underway. They've only had one Mach E come in so had no idea what Options was. We passed all the info we'd gather along to them (we went in loaded with printouts), and after about 20 minutes they managed to find everything in their system and show us number that basically matched what we expected. They were very appreciative for our assistance :p

Last edited:

theblueone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Audi e-tron
Country flag
Where are you getting that? I see it on fordpartner.com as a discount of 0.4% off the dealer invoice price, plus $275.

By your math, that puts a FE at $58,977. By my math, I'm expecting to pay $59,337. The difference is only $360, but I'd still like to have the additional savings if I can.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
The pricing on the website applies to the base. If you have any additional add-ons, that would be added accordingly, for example paying extra for paint, interior protection etc..

X-plan also limits the doc fee to $100, which saved me $400 here in Md.

Had to catch that in the paperwork though, they tried to charge their std fee. Also had to ask about my $500 deposit.

Be careful

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Where are you getting that? I see it on fordpartner.com as a discount of 0.4% off the dealer invoice price, plus $275.

By your math, that puts a FE at $58,977. By my math, I'm expecting to pay $59,337. The difference is only $360, but I'd still like to have the additional savings if I can.
Sadly, the formula is not disclosed on fordpartner.com. They only show the calculated price for the models as shown with no options like paint or factory accessories.

But carsdirect posted the correct x-plan formula about 14 months ago. Search for carsdirect x-plan Mustang Mach-E.

Barno

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Sadly, the formula is not disclosed on fordpartner.com. They only show the calculated price for the models as shown with no options like paint or factory accessories.

But carsdirect posted the correct x-plan formula about 14 months ago. Search for carsdirect x-plan Mustang Mach-E.
How many bad dealer stories are we going to keep hearing about? Isn’t it a shame that the same incompetent and thieving shenanigans are still going on in 2021? When will it ever end? Cue the following responses: “all dealers aren’t bad”. “Tesla is worse”. Blah Blah Blah. Please step in Ford Corporate and end this stain on your image as soon as possible or you will never woo away the next generations of young car buyers away from Tesla et al.
And oh by the way, I am preparing to pick up my Premium AWD EX by as if studying for the Bar, MCATs and an appearance on Jeopardy all in one. I am going to record the whole process and If they try any BS re finance or add ons, it will be broadcasted to the whole world. A bit dramatic, maybe, but how ridiculous. Thanks for listening.

ToddH

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E RWD X Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm pretty happy (so far) with the response of my dealer. I talked to my sales rep and discussed the Options plan for the MME. He had no idea. When I hung up, he was headed to a sales meeting. The meeting turned into a training session on the Options plan. He phoned me back and gave me all the details including that he had researched my credit (it's excellent) and I'd have no problem getting the $2500 and the 2.25% interest. I checked to see if they had signed up for the CFR and they are listed.

I've dealt with this dealer for 8 years now. They weren't great 8 years ago. But they have been making huge improvements in the area that concerns me most which is customer service. There are closer dealers and I've heard that as bad as they were in the past, even they have improved. But when you find good customer service, like I have at the Ford Store Morgan Hill CA, you go back. I have no reason to go back to the places that ripped me off years ago. My car is due next week.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I'm pretty happy (so far) with the response of my dealer. I talked to my sales rep and discussed the Options plan for the MME. He had no idea. When I hung up, he was headed to a sales meeting. The meeting turned into a training session on the Options plan. He phoned me back and gave me all the details including that he had researched my credit (it's excellent) and I'd have no problem getting the $2500 and the 2.25% interest. I checked to see if they had signed up for the CFR and they are listed.

I've dealt with this dealer for 8 years now. They weren't great 8 years ago. But they have been making huge improvements in the area that concerns me most which is customer service. There are closer dealers and I've heard that as bad as they were in the past, even they have improved. But when you find good customer service, like I have at the Ford Store Morgan Hill CA, you go back. I have no reason to go back to the places that ripped me off years ago. My car is due next week.
Make sure you get the 2.25%. Sounds like you have a great relationship with your dealer, and they won't try to push a higher APR on you as mine tried to do.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag

the x-plan price is printed right on the vehicle's factory invoice. It shouldn't be a mystery. Tell the dealer you need to see the invoice.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
the x-plan price is printed right on the vehicle's factory invoice. It shouldn't be a mystery. Tell the dealer you need to see the invoice.
It's not a mystery. I was responding to someone's question.

My salesperson sent me an Options estimate that showed the correct plan price. I didn't even need to remind her that I was using plan pricing. I only mentioned it once in late 2019.
Sponsored