"Ford Options" Mach-E Lease vs standard lease - similarities and differences

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
My car came in— 3 days before its delivery window. Yay. Dealer refuses on price protection. Something about since I ordered it online and not through them, it hadn’t been locked in.
Worse, apparently they “don’t do Ford Options.” The dealerships have to sign up for it because it’s an “e-contract,” and requires tablets or special equipment. So they won’t offer it. How is this a thing?
It isn't. They're either unknowledgeable or lying to you. If you read through this thread, you'll find that @hybrid2bev can possibly connect your dealership with the people at Ford Credit to setup their systems to do Ford Options. You can easily find the price protection letter, and since nearly all Mach-Es are ordered online, they are full of crap on that.
Sponsored

rgonyer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1968 Mustang, Edge ST, F150, Fiesta ST
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My car came in— 3 days before its delivery window. Yay. Dealer refuses on price protection. Something about since I ordered it online and not through them, it hadn’t been locked in.
Worse, apparently they “don’t do Ford Options.” The dealerships have to sign up for it because it’s an “e-contract,” and requires tablets or special equipment. So they won’t offer it. How is this a thing?
I just picked up my car last night, it was the first MachE this dealership had sold (I live in the midwest, they are not common here). I had planned to use Ford Options, but their lack of knowledge about it caused me to give up. My wife was laughing... this is the second Mach E we've purchased but a different dealer. I said Ford Options about 100 times, and he said, no, that's a lease every time I explained the situation. I had a good rate from a credit union lined up ahead of time, so finally I just caved and used that. After we got everything signed, the finance manager came back over and said "Oh, it's called Ford Options! I found it! Yes we could do the locked in rate of 1.4% and $500 rebate"... I just laughed and said how many times did I say Ford Options plan??? lol. We had already been there 2+ hours and I just wanted to go home and said I was happy with the deal we had. They didn't do any high pressure tactics for aftermarket dealer crap, gave me MSRP with $750 off for a Ford loyalty rebate I didn't even know about, so we called it a day and took the car home.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just picked up my car last night, it was the first MachE this dealership had sold (I live in the midwest, they are not common here). I had planned to use Ford Options, but their lack of knowledge about it caused me to give up. My wife was laughing... this is the second Mach E we've purchased but a different dealer. I said Ford Options about 100 times, and he said, no, that's a lease every time I explained the situation. I had a good rate from a credit union lined up ahead of time, so finally I just caved and used that. After we got everything signed, the finance manager came back over and said "Oh, it's called Ford Options! I found it! Yes we could do the locked in rate of 1.4% and $500 rebate"... I just laughed and said how many times did I say Ford Options plan??? lol. We had already been there 2+ hours and I just wanted to go home and said I was happy with the deal we had. They didn't do any high pressure tactics for aftermarket dealer crap, gave me MSRP with $750 off for a Ford loyalty rebate I didn't even know about, so we called it a day and took the car home.
You do realize that you gave up the rebate, right? You could have refinanced a week later with your credit union. And, the rebate at time of order (if you did), would have been higher.

rgonyer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
You do realize that you gave up the rebate, right? You could have refinanced a week later with your credit union. And, the rebate at time of order (if you did), would have been higher.
Yes, I do. I was tired of the process and glad to have it over with. Time is extremely valuable for us right now. And the rebate has always been $500 in our area for whatever reason, so that's all I would have got. I felt fortunate to have been able to buy 2 Mach E GT's for retail price in this crazy market, so I decided to call it good enough. I am usually the person to try to milk every last dime out of a deal, but this time I let it slide and felt we still got a very respectable deal.

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting, because the only $750 loyalty rebate I find specifically excludes the Mach-E and some others like the Bronco.

Dustus

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
Anyone know what the Options rates and incentive was in November 21 for the GT models? Dealer told me the current rates expired May 2nd and are now 2.7%

rgonyer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Interesting, because the only $750 loyalty rebate I find specifically excludes the Mach-E and some others like the Bronco.
I was surprised also, but I logged into ford.com and checked my order (It still said "Finish your purchase" even though I picked it up last night), and when I started the checkout process, the $750 loyalty rebate popped up.

Dustus

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
I was surprised also, but I logged into ford.com and checked my order (It still said "Finish your purchase" even though I picked it up last night), and when I started the checkout process, the $750 loyalty rebate popped up.
Where does the $750 loyalty come from and who was eligible for that?

rgonyer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Where does the $750 loyalty come from and who was eligible for that?
The text on my pop up on ford.com said something like for anyone who owns another Ford 1997 or newer...

rinsmars

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium EAWD
Country flag
Just picked my car up yesterday and asked about the $750 Ford Loyalty rebate because I thought I qualified with trading in my 2011 Fusion but was told it was only applicable for Lease in my area.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Do Ford Options work with a trade-in?

The deposit is supposed to be below 25%, right?

What happens when you have too much equity in the trade-in? Dealer writes you back a check to keep the down payment below 25?

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Do Ford Options work with a trade-in?

The deposit is supposed to be below 25%, right?

What happens when you have too much equity in the trade-in? Dealer writes you back a check to keep the down payment below 25?
Yes.

The max down payment is 45% of the purchase price (except in TX and MD).

Yes, if you have too much equity (or don't want to use it all towards the financing) the dealer can cut you a check for the difference.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
It was 1.4% for the GT in Nov 2021. That’s when I took delivery. My dealer told me that they would give me the better of whatever the rate and incentive was for my car based on when I ordered vs. when I took delivery. Both were the same, so no issue there. 😊🐩

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just played with my cart, and it presented a $750 loyalty rebate for owing an 1995 or new Ford. HOWEVER, when I said yes I qualified, the only $750 it shows in the car is program 38278 which is the $750 that Ford owes for converting our 2021 to a 2022 and raising the price. I do NOT see two different $750 incentives, one for "loyalty".

rgonyer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I just played with my cart, and it presented a $750 loyalty rebate for owing an 1995 or new Ford. HOWEVER, when I said yes I qualified, the only $750 it shows in the car is program 38278 which is the $750 that Ford owes for converting our 2021 to a 2022 and raising the price. I do NOT see two different $750 incentives, one for "loyalty".
Not sure what to tell you, I was happily surprised to see them add it to my paperwork. I didn't find it on the Ford site in my cart until after we got home with the car. I ordered in January, so I would not have got the $750 '21 to '22 deal. When I went further in my cart (even though we already bought the car), it did take the $750 off the total. When I tried to add the Ford Options plan as my financing, the site would lock up and throw an error so I gave up on that.
Sponsored