"Ford Options" Mach-E Lease vs standard lease - similarities and differences

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I don't believe that's true. Ford takes the tax credit into account when setting the residual value on the RCL. They don't use it as a down payment. That's part of the reason so many people are unhappy with the RCL offering.
I spoke with my dealer at length and that is how they do it. It is also why they are not offering it on the MME
Sponsored

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I've added some clarifications:

In a Red Carpet Lease Ford is on the title and the $7500 goes as a down payment
Yes Ford is the title holder on RCL. On RCL the tax credits are applied towards the residual not as a down payment.

RCL you get the full $7500 when you sign the contract.
No, the $7500 is not applied in that way.

For me personally if there was an RCL I jump on it in a heart beat because the $7500 is pure cash and goes towards the down payment.
There is an RCL available. No, the $7500 is not applied as a cap cost reduction (down payment)

If you over estimate then you can get a refund on the miles not used as you paid for them up front at a discounted rate.
This is only true if you select the 19,500 miles per year plan and purchase extra miles on top of that.

If you are short then you MAY be forced to buy the car
You can also trade the vehicle in to avoid the excess mileage charges or roll the charges into your next loan.

In short it is better to OVER estimate mileage then under estimate.
Keep in mind you will not get a refund if you select more miles per year than you use: example if choose 15k per year and only drive 12k you will not get a refund.

What is not showing is that there is an 84 month contract for purchasing at 5.9% which is rough $50.00 less per month then the 72 month contract.
FYI. The qualifications for 84 month financing are harder than 72 month financing. On a 84 month loan you'll be upside down in the vehicle for much longer (don't plan on trading out in 2-3 years).
yes you do get the mileage cost back...i discussed this with ford financing that as well.

on the RCL yes you do get to apply that to the lease as a down payment i have done it myself so yes.

i never said on the 84 as far as equity goes. No one knows because there are not any sold. no one knows what the equity is.

i have no idea if rules change based on states but In Cali this is based on 15 years dealing with the same salesperson and all exclusively with Ford.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
yes you do get the mileage cost back...i discussed this with ford financing that as well.

on the RCL yes you do get to apply that to the lease as a down payment i have done it myself so yes.

i never said on the 84 as far as equity goes. No one knows because there are not any sold. no one knows what the equity is.

i have no idea if rules change based on states but In Cali this is based on 15 years dealing with the same salesperson and all exclusively with Ford.
You will only get a refund on mileage if you select the 19,500 mileage option and purchase extra mileage on top of that. You will not get a refund if you select 15k miles per year and only drive 12k because you did not purchase extra mileage at inception.

Ford Mustang Mach-E "Ford Options" Mach-E Lease vs standard lease - similarities and differences 1611185210314

I'm sorry but your dealer is wrong. The tax credit will NOT be applied as a down payment on RCL for the Mach-E.

Ford Mustang Mach-E "Ford Options" Mach-E Lease vs standard lease - similarities and differences 1611186115497

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...e-similarities-and-differences.883/post-88034

Last edited:
OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Last edited:

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Are you all certain that Ford will take the federal tax credit into account on a lease at all? I was looking into a BMW 530e a couple of years ago and comparing it to the BMW 530i, which had identical pricing at that time. I got various quotes from dealers and it was clear they were not factoring the federal tax credit in for the 530e at all in the monthly lease payments or down payment. It was as if it didn’t exist at all.

Anyway, my point is, anyone know with certainty whether Ford really will factor it in on a lease, for example maybe based on experience leasing a Ford Focus Electric?

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you all certain that Ford will take the federal tax credit into account on a lease at all? I was looking into a BMW 530e a couple of years ago and comparing it to the BMW 530i, which had identical pricing at that time. I got various quotes from dealers and it was clear they were not factoring the federal tax credit in for the 530e at all in the monthly lease payments or down payment. It was as if it didn’t exist at all.

Anyway, my point is, anyone know with certainty whether Ford really will factor it in on a lease, for example maybe based on experience leasing a Ford Focus Electric?
The federal tax credit is being used to support the residual value on RCL. You won’t see the tax credits directly on the RCL documents that you sign at delivery. As has been discussed on here before, the residual percentages on RCL are higher than on Ford Options because of the supporting tax credits.

Sorry that some people don’t agree with doing it that way, but those are the facts.

Last edited:

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
@eastern refugee
These are the Products and Terms Available on the Mach-E

Ford Mustang Mach-E "Ford Options" Mach-E Lease vs standard lease - similarities and differences 1611186246838

DB 65219 – TAX CREDIT FOR THE FORD MUSTANG MACH-E

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...e-similarities-and-differences.883/post-88034
Thank you for proving my point in t
@eastern refugee
These are the Products and Terms Available on the Mach-E

Ford Mustang Mach-E "Ford Options" Mach-E Lease vs standard lease - similarities and differences 1611186246838

DB 65219 – TAX CREDIT FOR THE FORD MUSTANG MACH-E

Thank you for proving my point on RCL

On your print out it clearly states that with the RCL THE TAX CREDIT GOES TO FORD and therefore they pass it to the client in the form of a credit.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for proving my point in t

Thank you for proving my point on RCL

On your print out it clearly states that with the RCL THE TAX CREDIT GOES TO FORD and therefore they pass it to the client in the form of a credit.
On your print out it clearly states that with the RCL THE TAX CREDIT GOES TO FORD and therefore they pass it to the client in the form of a credit towards the residual percentage.

If you continue to think that the credit is used as a down payment then it would have to be a rebate or bonus cash program. Ask your dealer for the C&I program number. I’ll give you a hint....it doesn’t exist because that’s not how it works.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Last edited: