John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium SR AWD, Buick Enclave
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
I'm sitting at the dealer trying to take delivery and they clearly have no idea what they are doing.

I'm doing X plan with Ford Options and they are trying to charge me $1,300 in additional fees.

$399 doc fee
$399 DMV fees
$500 Ford credit origination fee

I have told them that the doc fee is only supposed to be $100 under X plan.

Are the other two fees legitimate???
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Dmv fee probably is, depends on the state but if they are transferring it issuing tags then far makes sense

No idea on the other two

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I'm sitting at the dealer trying to take delivery and they clearly have no idea what they are doing.

I'm doing X plan with Ford Options and they are trying to charge me $1,300 in additional fees.

$399 doc fee
$399 DMV fees

If they are agreeing to x-plan pricing, the doc fee is capped at $100. $399 won't fly.

DMV fees are fees to your motor vehicle department... stuff like license taxes, registration, tire waste fees, plate fees, etc. You can't do much about that.

I'm unaware of a Ford credit origination fee. This is probably a negotiable item. To help with your negotiation, you can come to the table with alternative options like cash, a loan from your bank or credit union, etc.

If you have a trade-in vehicle, that's negotiable too. So just keep that in mind -- "if you can't forgo this 'required' origination fee, I'd need you to give me an additional $500 towards my trade" or whatever.

Reactions: UW2

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
DMV fees are fees to your motor vehicle department... stuff like license taxes, registration, tire waste fees, plate fees, etc. You can't do much about that.
DMV Fees may be legitimate, but ask for a detailed itemization. Who knows what they are trying to snick in there.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag

$399 doc fee
$399 DMV fees

Origination fee - sounds like a lease item. There are no origination fees for Options, at least I know I didn't pay any. Doc fees should be capped at $100 per x-plan rules.

OP
OP
Johnny

Johnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
If they are agreeing to x-plan pricing, the doc fee is capped at $100. $399 won't fly.

I'm unaware of a Ford credit origination fee. This is probably a negotiable item. To help with your negotiation, you can come to the table with alternative options like cash, a loan from your bank or credit union, etc.

If you have a trade-in vehicle, that's negotiable too. So just keep that in mind -- "if you can't forgo this 'required' origination fee, I'd need you to give me an additional $500 towards my trade" or whatever.
So far they've agreed to reduce the doc fee to $100 as required by X plan rules.

He's checking on the credit acquisition fee. But it's pretty clear on the website.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford options x plan HELP!! Screenshot_20210306-112744

OP
OP
Johnny

Johnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Oh and one more item to top the cake: originally when they presented me with the price they had included sales tax. And there is most definitely no sales tax on EVs in NJ.

SeattleMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Haven’t gone through it personally but my understanding: The doc fee should be no more than $100 unless your state allows for a higher amount. There’s an administration fee of $275. Have they shown you an AXZYD Plan Pricing Agreement?

• The dealer is required to provide you with a true copy of the factory invoice showing the Partner Recognition price on the line labeled X-Plan. You should also receive a complete and signed AXZD-Plan Pricing Agreement showing each item and its price. Do not sign this form if it is blank or if you do not understand how the price was calculated. All added items must be documented on this form, including negative equity on trade, and gifts.
  • The X-Plan price is the amount shown in the box labeled "X-Plan" near the bottom of the factory invoice. The New Vehicle Purchase Program price includes advertising, finance costs, transportation, fuel charges and Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company administrative fees. The dealership may not charge extra for these items.
  • The New Vehicle Purchase Program customer is entitled to the price in effect at the time the vehicle was invoiced. Any money refunded to the dealer by Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company for price increases occurring after the order is submitted, but before shipment to the dealer, must be refunded to the customer.

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Haven’t gone through it personally but my understanding: The doc fee should be no more than $100 unless your state allows for a higher amount. There’s an administration fee of $275. Have they shown you an AXZYD Plan Pricing Agreement?
This is not quite right. For X-Plan, the doc fee must be the lesser of $100 or the state's lower limit. Some states require no doc fee, or $29, etc. So $100 is just the maximum amount allowed for the dealer to be compliant with x-plan.

The administration fee of $275 is baked into the x-plan invoice price. There is no separate $275 that the customer will see. It's already incorporated into the cash price.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Oh and one more item to top the cake: originally when they presented me with the price they had included sales tax. And there is most definitely no sales tax on EVs in NJ.
Looked like this for my RR FE in NJ - With XPLAN etc.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford options x plan HELP!! 6D797F12-17E5-4C8A-B546-2EDDCB3E6851

Last edited:

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Sounds like not the most on-the-level dealership.

The fees are capped with X-Plan. If they agree on the X-Plan price, they agree on the X-Plan rules.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Sounds like not the most on-the-level dealership.

The fees are capped with X-Plan. If they agree on the X-Plan price, they agree on the X-Plan rules.
What I posted above your post says it all. I purchased from Fullterton Ford, no funny business :)

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag

$399 doc fee
$399 DMV fees

Nominal Gifts

• Unless prohibited by your state law, Family AZ-Plan and/or Friends & Neighbors X-Plan customers may accept items or services of nominal value (i.e. $50 or less dealership cost) as a gift or reward in connection with an AZ- Plan and/or X- Plan sale or lease. All gifts or rewards offered by the dealership for sponsoring an AZ-Plan and/or X-Plan sale or lease must be comparable with gifts or rewards offered by the dealership on retail sales or leases, and may not exceed $50 in value (dealership cost).
  • Examples of acceptable gifts include a wall calendar, Motorcraft apparel, gas card, an oil change, a car wash, etc, provided the item or service does not exceed $50 in value (dealership cost).
  • Dealerships may not offer services or items below their market value (dealership cost) to stay within the $50 limit (i.e. $1 for rust proofing or $10 for a bed liner).
  • No service, accessory or items valued above $50 may be accepted by AXZ-Plan customers, even if the same offer is extended to non-Plan customers. The only exception would be an FDAF/LMDA promoting a limited time offer which covers an entire group of dealers in a market area (i.e. free bed liners with the purchase of an F-Series). Since all dealers participate this would not give one dealer a competitive advantage over another for Plan business.

X-Plan

• Friends & Neighbors X-Plan sponsors may not accept referral fees.

Document Fees

Dealers will be permitted to assess up to $75 (AZ-Plan) or $100 (X-Plan) in documentary fees on each delivery to an eligible purchaser under the terms of the Plan, unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation. Each dealer is responsible for complying with Plan Rules, applicable laws and regulations.

Financing, Insurance, Titles and Taxes

• Purchase/lease financing may be obtained at the customer's discretion from any source. To learn more about financial services offered through Ford Motor Credit Company, go to www.fordcredit.com
  • Each vehicle purchased or leased will be covered by the same warranty and policy as those offered to retail customers.
  • The customer is responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes, license and title fees.
  • Non-Eligible family members may appear as co-signers or co-makers of the loan or other financing agreement, and may also appear as co-owners on the Vehicle Title or Registration. However, the primary user of the vehicle must be the AZ or X-Plan eligible member.
  • New Vehicle Purchase Program customers are required to provide their own liability and collision insurance for both purchases and leases. For leases, there are specified coverage minimums. Lessees should request information about these amounts from the dealer prior to obtaining insurance and signing the final lease papers.
  • Titling eligibility is as follows:
    • Vehicles must be retained in the customer's possession and registered as provided
      above for at least six months from the date of purchase or lease.

6. PRICING AND INCENTIVES

• The dealer is required to provide you with a true copy of the factory invoice showing the New Vehicle Purchase Program price on the line labeled AZ-Plan and/or X-Plan. You should also receive a complete and signed AZXD-Plan Pricing Agreement showing each item and its price. Do not sign this form if it is blank or if you do not understand how the price was calculated. All added items must be documented on this form, including negative equity on vehicle trade, and gifts.
  • The AXZ-Plan price is the amount shown in the box labeled "AZ-Plan" or “X-Plan” near the bottom of the factory invoice. The New Vehicle Purchase Program price includes advertising, finance costs, transportation, fuel charges and Company administrative fees. The dealership may not charge extra for these items.
  • The New Vehicle Purchase Program customer is entitled to the price in effect at the time the vehicle was invoiced. Any money refunded to the dealer by Ford Motor Company for price increases occurring after the order is submitted, but before shipment to the dealer, must be refunded to the customer.
  • From time to time the Company may offer incentives or rebates. Unless specifically excluded by the Company, incentives or rebates are available to New Vehicle Purchase Program customers in addition to the Plan price. Ask your dealer for details.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Looked like this for my RR FE in NJ - With XPLAN etc.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford options x plan HELP!! 6D797F12-17E5-4C8A-B546-2EDDCB3E6851
They charged you a waste fee for a fifth tire. That's funny. I thought lots of new cars were shipping without spares. Maybe it's just fancier cars and super high efficiency ones though.

OP
OP
Johnny

Johnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Thanks for everyone's feedback.

They removed the Ford credit acquisition fee and reduced the doc fee to $100.

Now just waiting on the closer to sell me a bunch of service plans I don't want and oil changes I don't need! ???
Sponsored