MPCane17

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
Hey everyone, so I am expecting my Mach E to get here at the end of the month. I initially told my dealer earlier on I wanted to use Ford Options for a multitude of reasons. I brought it up again a few weeks ago and he said that their system isn't set up for it. From this forum - I told him to tell his finance manager to reach out to his Ford Credit Rep to understand the process. Spoke to him again yesterday and somewhat got the runaround but he did say he would ask again. Any thoughts, idea, words of wisdom from anyone that has dealt with a similar issue if he comes back again and says they can't do it?
Sponsored

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Sure.

You're not talking to the "dealer", you're talking to a sales rep. Call the GM of the dealership, easily found on their website.

Godawgs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E4X Ordered
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
My dealer wasn’t set up for it and I actually had to sign paper documents, so it is possible to do. It took them 3 days to finalize it with the Options help line, but they let me take the car in the interim. You’re just going to have to press them to do it and make sure they know it’s not a lease, and that support can also help them apply any incentives/price protection if you’re entitled to it

mateo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
For those of us taking ownership in 2023 who may no longer qualify for the federal tax rebate, is the Options plan still advantageous?

Basically are you generally going to save money with Options in both scenarios of:

1) Returning the car after 3 years

2) Keeping the car past 3 years (assuming 3 yr terms)

-

For the OP - my salesman happily admitted that his finance guy steered people toward things that made him money, so if I wanted Options I'd have to persistently annoy him directly.

JeanneB

First Name
Jeanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford MME GT
Occupation
finance manager
Country flag
Hey everyone, so I am expecting my Mach E to get here at the end of the month. I initially told my dealer earlier on I wanted to use Ford Options for a multitude of reasons. I brought it up again a few weeks ago and he said that their system isn't set up for it. From this forum I know that is BS and I told him to tell his finance manager to reach out to his Ford Credit Rep to understand the process. Spoke to him again yesterday and somewhat got the runaround but he did say he would ask again. I honestly don't think he asked the first time. Any thoughts, idea, words of wisdom from anyone that has dealt with a similar issue if he comes back again and says they can't do it? I may have to just put my foot down when I get to the dealer to pick up but overall between this and worrying that they are going to try and mark up the car upon arrival, it's stressing me out. Thanks in advance. Just want this whole thing to be done.
I am a finance manager at a Ford dealer and our system isn't set up for it either. However, you can tell them there is an options calculator on FMC Dealer where they can do the calculation and manually enter the info into e-contracting. That's how I do it. It's simple.

Wally5280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Premium EX AWD (Ordered)
Country flag
I'm supposed to take delivery of my Mach-E tomorrow and despite telling me they offered Ford Options in February they're now telling me they 'opted-out' of offering it. The general BS they're feeding me is that it was a pain in the ass for them to offer it and they didn't want to deal with it anymore. So, my dealer knows about it but just doesn't want to do it. Extremely frustrating.

Last edited:

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
For those of us taking ownership in 2023 who may no longer qualify for the federal tax rebate, is the Options plan still advantageous?

Basically are you generally going to save money with Options in both scenarios of:

-

For the OP - my salesman happily admitted that his finance guy steered people toward things that made him money, so if I wanted Options I'd have to persistently annoy him directly.
Probably not. The whole point of offering Ford Options was so customers could claim the federal tax credits to get a lower total cost of ownership. If those tax credits go away I would anticipate that Ford Options would be dropped as a financing option. Then it would just be lease or normal financing like any other vehicle. Just a guess though.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag

-

I could be wrong, but I think scenario 2 is not always a clear winner with Ford Options. I feel like the math showed less interest paid on a traditional loan with the same rate and term length.

vortix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E GT
Country flag
One benefit of Ford Options is a possible cash back incentive ($500-$2500) that varies based on your zip code and order date. Talk to the Finance Manager or GM and push them to let you use Ford Options. Your rate and incentive will be Price Protected as of your order date.
Sponsored