Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
While completing my purchase order on line, I noticed Ford offered to add a Paint Protection Package for $586.50.
I can't seem to find any details about it, but was thinking it may be a good idea, especially on the Star White tri-coat paint. The solid front is going to show a lot of bug kills and take gravel/sand hits in normal course of drive.

Not sure if this is right, but I googled and saw this on line:
  • Nearly invisible high-grade polyurethane barrier adheres directly to the vehicle
  • Three-piece kit covers the leading edge of the hood and front fenders

Anyone had this done yet?
Opinions?
Sponsored

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I think most people are opting for getting XPEL PPF or something similar.

I did opt for the bumper protection package and it seems decent. I haven't really tested it that much yet. It runs the length of the bumper and has a nice texture to it. The plastic itself does not feel as good as the XPEL I have on the front. It's thinner and I don't believe it has any of the self-healing properties of some of the other options.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Paint Protection Package? 1617301773082

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
The “three piece package” from Ford is awfully skimpy. You only get the leading edge of the hood, and leading edge of the side fenders. No front bumper. No side mirrors. Seems like a ripoff to me.

OP
OP
Jimmy2

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think most people are opting for getting XPEL PPF or something similar.

I did opt for the bumper protection package and it seems decent. I haven't really tested it that much yet. It runs the length of the bumper and has a nice texture to it. The plastic itself does not feel as good as the XPEL I have on the front. It's thinner and I don't believe it has any of the self-healing properties of some of the other options.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Paint Protection Package? 1617301773082
I went ahead and ordered this as well when I scratched the paint a bit putting stuff in the back. ERRR. I'll take a pic and post when I get a chance.

OP
OP
Jimmy2

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I went ahead and ordered this as well when I scratched the paint a bit putting stuff in the back. ERRR. I'll take a pic and post when I get a chance.
So here is the pic; hopefully the touch up paint and back bumper protection package will do the trick. Moral of the story: I learned the hard way to be careful when putting stuff in the back.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Paint Protection Package? Back scratch ERRR March 2021
Sponsored