Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Premium RWD, ER, Infinite Blue, Space Grey
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
After 3-1/2 Months of nearly trouble-free use of Ford Pass to monitor SOC & Charging times we just took our first road trip from the Bay Area up to Lake Tahoe. Once we arrived at our hotel where they had Valet parking the car no longer communicated to the Ford Pass App. I thought it was because the car and my phone were no longer on our wifi network. Now that we're home Ford Pass still won't connect and crashes every time I try to start the app. The car is working and charging fine. I'm hesitant to erase and re-download the app as I may have to redo all the settings, etc. on the app. Should I just wait for the next update of the app to see if the issue resolves itself?
Sponsored

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
After 3-1/2 Months of nearly trouble-free use of Ford Pass to monitor SOC & Charging times we just took our first road trip from the Bay Area up to Lake Tahoe. Once we arrived at our hotel where they had Valet parking the car no longer communicated to the Ford Pass App. I thought it was because the car and my phone were no longer on our wifi network. Now that we're home Ford Pass still won't connect and crashes every time I try to start the app. The car is working and charging fine. I'm hesitant to erase and re-download the app as I may have to redo all the settings, etc. on the app. Should I just wait for the next update of the app to see if the issue resolves itself?
Have you tried killing the app and rebooting your phone? Not just turn it off and on again, but an actual reboot? Sometimes that will fix an app that’s giving you trouble. If not, try it. Google how to for your specific phone.

OP
OP
Kevmont

Kevmont

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Premium RWD, ER, Infinite Blue, Space Grey
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Thanks Mark, yes I did the full reboot, (iPhone XR, IOS 14.6) so far to no avail. Since I can get by fine without Ford Pass I think I'll just let it ride until the app either starts running again or gets an update

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
You may want to uninstall and reinstall the app.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm having that issue with 3.26 too on android. Phone has been rebooted many times. App was reinstalled twice. Stable for a few days then starts crashing again.
Sponsored