Ford Pass (and Ford) says update successful, Car still has old update listed.

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
So I posted before about my car not having the option to even schedule updates (only had the car since Oct). But today I got a notice on my Ford Pass app it said that the update to 3.5.3 was successful. I jumped in the car all excited.... No update check mark. Software still says 3.5.2 in the car. I did a module reset and then the little update check mark came up and said update successful. But when I check the software it still says 3.5.2. I checked and I do have the new games that are stated to come with 3.5.3....So WTF? I called Ford and they said to take it to the dealer. They said they can look at it next week, but it will take a few days. Has this happened to anyone else?
Sponsored

Aulander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
It happened to me in a previous OTA version, it was a bug that did not update the version description. Anyway if you have the new features the update was successful.

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks like it fixed itself. Yesterday I got 3.5.3.3. Got the check and it shows the appropriate version. Still can't schedule updates, but I'm not that worried since the updates are going through. Yay! Love that I have youtube now. Worked fine with my phones hotspot. I use my car as my break room at work, so youtube will be a welcomed feature. Can't wait for Netflix, hopefully.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Looks like it fixed itself. Yesterday I got 3.5.3.3. Got the check and it shows the appropriate version. Still can't schedule updates, but I'm not that worried since the updates are going through. Yay! Love that I have youtube now. Worked fine with my phones hotspot. I use my car as my break room at work, so youtube will be a welcomed feature. Can't wait for Netflix, hopefully.
Do a SYNC reboot, that will fix most of your issues.

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do a SYNC reboot, that will fix most of your issues.
Yeah, I did it the other day. Still no way to schedule updates. I know others have had the same issue. But at least it's updating!
Sponsored