wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Ford Pass App version 3.19.0 (latest version) on iPhone crashes when looking at My Joouneys and selecting a specific Journey. Before selecting, you can see the date and time of the Journey, along with the time length and miles of the Journey - but no image of the Journey. If you select the Journey - the App immediately crashes. Rather annoying...
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I've found the app crashes from time to time and not always for the same reason. I think the biggest problems are on Ford's end. Right now their map services appear to be dead :(

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Yes, I think both problems are related and are known to the FordPass team, who are working on a fix. Someone was posting about it after contacting Ford on the FB page yesterday.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
Yes, I think both problems are related and are known to the FordPass team, who are working on a fix. Someone was posting about it after contacting Ford on the FB page yesterday.
You seem to be in the know for this forum and I can't seem to find anything about it. Before the 3.19.0 update when you go to Mange EV->Manage Charging you could see how long it will be for a 80% charge and full charge. The last time I charged the Mach-E was before the update and it did display the charge status. Now all you see is the "Scheduling" options.

Did the 3.19.0 update break this as well or do I need to look elsewhere? Only way to get the charge level is to refresh the home screen ???

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
You seem to be in the know for this forum and I can't seem to find anything about it. Before the 3.19.0 update when you go to Mange EV->Manage Charging you could see how long it will be for a 80% charge and full charge. The last time I charged the Mach-E was before the update and it did display the charge status. Now all you see is the "Scheduling" options.

Did the 3.19.0 update break this as well or do I need to look elsewhere? Only way to get the charge level is to refresh the home screen ???
this is mentioned on one of the other threads as being broken as well so it's not just you.

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
this is mentioned on one of the other threads as being broken as well so it's not just you.
Thanks, I'm trying to catch up on all the threads and right now this is the only real issue I have.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Thanks, I'm trying to catch up on all the threads and right now this is the only real issue I have right now.
this was already a relatively busy site before cars starting being delivered and now it's basically impossible to keep up :) I know a lot of the "veterans" don't even try at this point, they just scan the post titles to see what they might be interested in and in some cases follow specific people. :)

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

Yep, this, too, was broken. Don't worry. I'm sure their QA is getting a talkin' to.
Honestly, I'm not TOO surprised. Ford isn't a software company, after all, though they did create a software department from the ground up just for this car. It's going to be a process. But they will fix it.

Then again, the FordPass app itself isn't new, but it is a bit clunky. It gets the job done for the most part.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Yep, this, too, was broken. Don't worry. I'm sure their QA is getting a talkin' to.
Honestly, I'm not TOO surprised. Ford isn't a software company, after all, though they did create a software department from the ground up just for this car. It's going to be a process. But they will fix it.

Then again, the FordPass app itself isn't new, but it is a bit clunky. It gets the job done for the most part.
The hell they ain't!

Ford has led the way in embedded software in automobiles. The Mach-e isn't the first car they've made including millions of lines of code. They're most definitely a software company -- they just happen to make application specific software.

PS, my FordPass app will not load now at all. It is stuck on the Ford splashscreen.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Right after the software update to the new version, Ford Pass wedged on me and I couldn't get the car to load after launching the app. But killing it and relaunching (and a bit of patience because it took a while) *eventually* the car info loaded and it's been fine since.

But there's now an issue where the map info (My Journeys or just tap the map/route button) gets no map. I did bring it to the attention of my contacts at Ford and they contacted the Ford Pass team. Turns out they know about the issue and it sounds like they already have a new version to correct it. The ETA was hopefully next week (they are hoping for Tuesday).

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
The hell they ain't!

Ford has led the way in embedded software in automobiles. The Mach-e isn't the first car they've made including millions of lines of code. They're most definitely a software company -- they just happen to make application specific software.

PS, my FordPass app will not load now at all. It is stuck on the Ford splashscreen.
They are not a software company, primarily. They create embedded software in-house, yes, but that does not make them a software company in the broader sense. Ford's main product is not software. Their product is cars. That's my point -- it's not the focus of their R&D.

For instance, it's why they already have plans to use Android Automotive to apparently replace or enhance the Sync OS on in their cars starting in 2023.
https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/1/22260176/ford-google-android-infotainment-os-2023

Google is a software company, primarily.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, it's completely unresponsive for me now, too. This kind of downtime is really frustrating. They need to test stuff in some kind of sandbox before they push it out... It doesn't seem like that's happening to much extent. Then again, we are all early adopters here.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag