FordPass app outage

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not working here either. PaaK is also not able to pair.
Sponsored

smp

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
FWIW, I had all the same problems that have been reported here.
I called Ford Pass Support and they gave me the same answer - it's on their end and they're working on it.

Of course, I had already tried to update my password, but I never received any e-mail messages to tell me what to do. So, I did the next thing that came to mind - I deleted the Ford Pass app, and re-downloaded it.

Then, when the connection to Ford came back to life, my Ford Pass was empty. When I tried to put in my vehicle VIN, the app told me, "Sorry, that VIN is already in use for one of your vehicles."

To make a very long story short, I went and tried to restore a backup of my phone, but all my fumbling around took so long, that the phone was backed up again - and Apple does not store multiple backups for you any more, only the latest, and my latest backup now had the messed up Ford Pass app in it, so no restore to an earlier state for me.

As I was calling Ford Pass Support again, I decided to try the Ford Pass again, and - eureka! - all my correct vehicle info was now restored!

All this to say that if the Ford Pass is asking you to re-enter your information, just wait a while. It appears that Ford is capable of completely restoring your info back to how it was without you doing anything but waiting for it.

Good luck to you all!

smp

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Looks like the servers at Ford are back online. I was able to get Paak working and up the app login.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Weird. FP worked all day for me. ????
I use it to remote start. Did that about 4 or 5 times today...
Worked fine each time.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
It's back and working now.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
I just called, there is an issue on their end - 2 to 3 hours to resolve the issue.

The nice lady told me to stop logging in to check if there has been any change to my order status. I'm bringing their system down. :p
They cancel it on your 100th check. I stopped at 99 when they called me.

mosh00

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premum Extended AWD
Occupation
CIO
Country flag
Today was my first day driving the Mach-E out of town (just got it a few days ago). Went to go home from work and couldn't start the car. Very frustrating. Have already talked to the dealer. They are getting me a second fob at no cost. If Ford is going to promote PAAK, it needs to work 100% of the time. Ford customer service told me to always carry the fob. Kind of defeats the purpose of PAAK.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Today was my first day driving the Mach-E out of town (just got it a few days ago). Went to go home from work and couldn't start the car. Very frustrating. Have already talked to the dealer. They are getting me a second fob at no cost. If Ford is going to promote PAAK, it needs to work 100% of the time. Ford customer service told me to always carry the fob. Kind of defeats the purpose of PAAK.
One kinda cool feature of PaaK Is I can exit my car to check the mailbox or open a gate etc and the car might not honk the horn. Fob in pocket, phone in console.......50/50 if the car honks or not. :)

Burnsy8787

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy volt
Country flag
Unfortunately I got my brand new mach e home right as fordpass crashed. Because of that, it appears I’m infinitely stuck at “activation pending” on the app. It says my car should prompt me when I start it but it does not. I see fordpass on my mach e app screen but it doesn’t serve much use since my phone won’t link to it.

tried deleting the carseveral times but it just goes right back to pending when I add it again. Deleted the app as well and nothing. Looks like I won’t be using my phone as key

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
worked fine for about a day after update.
Did not work today. Issues were new to me: loading spin; app. frozen; pending; etc.
Maybe give it a shot on the morrow.
Always carry a fob.

TDAnthony

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER 4x
Country flag
Unfortunately I got my brand new mach e home right as fordpass crashed. Because of that, it appears I’m infinitely stuck at “activation pending” on the app. It says my car should prompt me when I start it but it does not. I see fordpass on my mach e app screen but it doesn’t serve much use since my phone won’t link to it.

tried deleting the carseveral times but it just goes right back to pending when I add it again. Deleted the app as well and nothing. Looks like I won’t be using my phone as key
I am in the same boat. Picked up car last night, stuck at Activation Pending on the app.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
One kinda cool feature of PaaK Is I can exit my car to check the mailbox or open a gate etc and the car might not honk the horn. Fob in pocket, phone in console.......50/50 if the car honks or not. :)
The workaround is to confuse it? You need to be easier on your horse ;)
I am in the same boat. Picked up car last night, stuck at Activation Pending on the app.
Kind of says it was not a planned maintenance schedule outage.

Mine is back how did the activation proceed when yours did?

TDAnthony

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER 4x
Country flag
Mine is back how did the activation proceed when yours did?
Mine still says Activation Pending. I will try resetting Ford Pass on the car and removing and re-adding my car again and see if that works. Otherwise … I am not sure, I’ll probably engage with Ford’s tech support.

Any luck for you @Burnsy8787?
Sponsored