Ford Pass Battery Drain Survey (Results Are In)

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
It seems to me that the app performs poorly on any hardware, and is poorly optimized for Android. My guess is that since Ford is an American company, and iPhones make up 65+% of the US smartphone market, they put far more resources into the iOS app. The end result is sloppy back end programming and performance on Android phones.
I agree there is clearly something going on with the Android version of the Fordpass app. However based on these numbers, the Android Global/Eurpoean market share far exceeds that of iOS. I would think since they are selling the car in both markets they would ensure the app works as expected on all platforms, not just the ones they perceive as dominant.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Pass Battery Drain Survey (Results Are In) 1626722576160

Via Tech Republic

Android vs iOS - Market Share Europe

The fact remains the app is technically functional, but provides one of the worst user experiences of any mobile app made by a multi-billion dollar company. With the F-150 Lighting on the way (which will use the same app) they have to be making a concerted effort to improve the app across the board. At least one would think so ?.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I agree there is clearly something going on with the Android version of the Fordpass app. However based on these numbers, the Android Global/Eurpoean market share far exceeds that of iOS. I would think since they are selling the car in both markets they wouldn't ensure the app works as expected on all platforms, not just the ones they perceive as dominant.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Pass Battery Drain Survey (Results Are In) 1626722576160

Via Tech Republic

Android vs iOS - Market Share Europe

The fact remains the app is technically functional, but provides one of the worst user experiences of any mobile app made by a multi-billion dollar company. With the F-150 Lighting on the way (which will use the same app) they have to be making a concerted effort to improve the app across the board. At least one would think so ?.
Yes you are absolutely right about the global market share (which is why I specified the US). you'd hope they'd take the global numbers until account... But I think the fact that the android version is the bad one is proof that they focused on the US market

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
For Android users - solution is to force stop the app (and open again before entering the car)
I used to do this all the time .... haven't had to since updating FP to v3.32.0
Sponsored