Ford Pass forces location to be Detroit.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
It says the vehicle time zone is set to Detroit. The app seems like it’s in the correct time zone.
Maybe the time zone is in the vehicle’s clock setup. Make sure the Automatic Time Zone Update is set to ON. Just a thought.
While waiting for the Mach E, I printed the 434 page manual on 2-sided paper. It is really becoming handy.
Sponsored

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Clock on my car was wrong this morning. There must of been a time server sync at some point that dropped all the time zones to the mothership.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Clock on my car was wrong this morning. There must of been a time server sync at some point that dropped all the time zones to the mothership.
Mine was way off yesterday as well. Left for work at 5:20 AM and the clock said 10:20 PM. So it wasn’t even Detroit time

Also had my first glitch yesterday. All my trip meters reset (which I had been trying to keep as a total lifetime efficiency). My screen reset from dark mode to auto. And my drivers door had the “I’m not going to open until you open the back door” bug. 2 MME’s for a combined total of 13 months, and this is the first glitch.

FCCinAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache
Country flag
My car does the same thing and preconditioning stopped working. I’ve tried setting it up in the car as well and still no go. I’ve given up and hopefully my GT won’t have this issue when it arrives. No difference if plugged in or not.

Cooper34

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E X Range
Occupation
Retired Financial Adviser
Country flag
So even us Brits can’t seem to get away from Detroit. I cannot find any way of even changing this. My departure schedule was working fine until about a week ago and now although all set up correctly just doesn’t seem to want to play ball.

5F469560-9FD8-4390-B622-62D216C2492B.png

Calvin4000

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Harley Livewire, BMW 1250GS
Occupation
System Engineer
Country flag
It is Detroit in Switzerland too.... :rolleyes:

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
So even us Brits can’t seem to get away from Detroit. I cannot find any way of even changing this. My departure schedule was working fine until about a week ago and now although all set up correctly just doesn’t seem to want to play ball.
I've never experienced the time zone problem but I looked just now and my departure time screen on my fordpass doesn't look anything like yours, I don't have a listing for time zone.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
My departure time zone looks exactly like the above and stays Detroit - this has been teh case since the app included this feature. It does not work. It some times let you change to my time zone but reverts back to detroit. I dont think this part of app is completely implemented. I was hoping 1.7.1 OTA update solves it but I cant yet figure the remote setup on that.

Thankfully though when plugged in my departure times all work according to my local time zone. Only when not plugged in I do see a weirdly worded message that kicks in at Detroit time zone.
Sponsored