John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Am I the only one not feeling that high pitched ‘engine’ noise that the Mach E seemed to produce in the Bigfoot and now this video?
I mean I would prefer a Tie Fighter sound, but this is close enough! ??
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I mean I would prefer a Tie Fighter sound, but this is close enough! ??
When we were at the LA Formula E a few years ago everyone remarked at how much the cars sounded like the Millenium Falcon.

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
Same paint scheme as the Cobra Jet 1400 by Ford Performance. I was expecting a different hood given the large fans we saw in the sasquatch video, maybe something like the GT500, but looks like two side hood vents.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Performance Teases RTR Mach-E Mustang Collaboration, Reveal Coming 7/21 Mustang-Cobra-Jet-800x452

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This actually deflated my expectations a bit since it states it is just a one-of-a-kind prototype. I don't want a one-off Mach-E that'll never be available. I want a production halo Mach-E that will destroy any other crossover at the track or stoplight, regardless of powertrain. Halo cars are aspirational and the Mustang is nothing if not something to aspire to.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
This actually deflated my expectations a bit since it states it is just a one-of-a-kind prototype. I don't want a one-off Mach-E that'll never be available. I want a production halo Mach-E that will destroy any other crossover at the track or stoplight, regardless of powertrain. Halo cars are aspirational and the Mustang is nothing if not something to aspire to.
I would expect the battery and drive motor to be the same. If so, then it would show what the upper limit is that can be reached.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I don't mind the one off prototype nature and won't pass judgement until tomorrow but from the images tweeted so far this looks to be targeted squarely at the inner 5 year old and the sema brigade so I have absolutely zero interest :(. If it is however approach the same as the i-pace etrophy then I can see the benefit and it will have piqued my interest.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
I don't mind the one off prototype nature and won't pass judgement until tomorrow but from the images tweeted so far this looks to be targeted squarely at the inner 5 year old and the sema brigade so I have absolutely zero interest :(. If it is however approach the same as the i-pace etrophy then I can see the benefit and it will have piqued my interest.
What is the i-pace etrophy?

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I want this model.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Performance Teases RTR Mach-E Mustang Collaboration, Reveal Coming 7/21 1595277666450

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
What is the i-pace etrophy?
As kindly stated by ab13 it was a one make race series, since come to end due to covid-19 however to me it was more that it was a real race car, As said I will reserve judgment until this is shown but throwing some race inspired bits on does nothing for me I mean one of the images on the fordauthourity link was off under mount spoiler, a bit dated that :(.

While I don't expect a mach-e race series some race inspired development goes along way towards improving not just performance but energy management, after all the i-paces range boost came courtesy of lessons learned from the etrophy

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
I know that based on posts, the reveal is scheduled for 11AM Eastern. Does anyone have a link? Thanks
Sponsored