Ford Playing Number Games? Help us understand the price shuffle.... Has Anyone ACTUALLY seen what is being done?

mikeblv

First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 9.40.41 PM.png

GTPE ordered before May 3rd should be $69,995 plus any minor options and $1800 destination. Then you get the $2,000 bonus cash back.

FYI some of the pre-May orders were incorrectly re-invoiced and will be corrected to the above prices. Ford is sending out new window stickers for the affected vehicles.

Premium orders about break even after the $2k incentive, but GTPE orders before May got the short end of the stick and are still several thousand more than one ordered now.
Thank you, this is helpful. It doesn't make sense to take delivery then, I'm not in a hurry to get an EV. It's just disappointing that ford didn't reduce the price of older orders - not many people would be willing to overpay thousands of dollars.

illinirdhd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
The 2.9% interest rate would help some (if you're financing), but not enough to make up for that price difference. I bought a Premium last month, at 4.74%, with the Feb 2023 pricing, but I would have ordered a charger, and maybe BC anyway, so my price difference wasn't large. I am annoyed about the federal tax credit, but that's not Ford's issue.

I think it depends how quickly you want the car. I didn't want to wait another 6-12 months. Mine took 7 months from order, almost to the day. That was torture enough! :)

JLowe

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
67 Camaro, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Country flag
I just noticed the pricing game on the ’23 GT I have a deposit on. Dealer ordered on 1/11/23. Window sticker had MSRP of $59,995 until today, now shows $63,995. called dealership, asked about incentives, has a $500 cash back offer, as asked about PLM #11044 for $2,000. if BC is trial or 3 yr sub, does it include home charger, etc. feel like the rug has been pulled out, and now I’m playing the price game this thread has been discussing. I did see 2.9% 60 mo financing, that I like. Guess I can get my deposit back and walk away…😒

edit: dealership found $2k cash back, BC is included for 3 yrs, still includes the mobile charger (110v and 240v adapters), currently 150 miles away.

mikeblv

First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The 2.9% interest rate would help some (if you're financing), but not enough to make up for that price difference. I bought a Premium last month, at 4.74%, with the Feb 2023 pricing, but I would have ordered a charger, and maybe BC anyway, so my price difference wasn't large. I am annoyed about the federal tax credit, but that's not Ford's issue.

I think it depends how quickly you want the car. I didn't want to wait another 6-12 months. Mine took 7 months from order, almost to the day. That was torture enough! :)
It turned out that Ford marketing gave me incorrect information (they didn't even confirm the 2k rebate and said it would be up to the dealer). So BC and the cord are included. So I will be overpaying only about $400 compared to new orders with BC and the charging cord.
2.9% would be nice, but looks like this rate will expire on July 5th, and my car has not even shipped yet.

Last edited:

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
It turned out that Ford marketing gave me incorrect information (they didn't even confirm the 2k rebate and said it would be up to the dealer). So BC and the cord are included. So I will be overpaying only about $400 compared to new orders with BC and the charging cord.
2.9% would be nice, but looks like this rate will expire on July 5th, and my car has not even shipped yet.
Hang in there - might show up before the offer expires.

My 14 month order from April '22 has finally arrived and took delivery yesterday.
BC1.2 + mobile cord included.

Rebates:
$8500 (includes $6500 PCO plus $2000 current MME rebate).

Cash down:
$7500 (half from Lightning trade in + Ford Pass Points + $500 deposit)

Trade in bonus:
$1000

APR:
4.9% (traditional finance 72 months)

'23 Premium RWD SR Space White:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Playing Number Games? Help us understand the price shuffle.... Has Anyone ACTUALLY seen what is being done? IMG_0763.JPG

mikeblv

First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hang in there - might show up before the offer expires.

My 14 month order from April '22 has finally arrived and took delivery yesterday.
BC1.2 + mobile cord included.

Rebates:
$8500 (includes $6500 PCO plus $2000 current MME rebate).

Cash down:
$7500 (half from Lightning trade in + Ford Pass Points + $500 deposit)

Trade in bonus:
$1000

APR:
4.9% (traditional finance 72 months)

'23 Premium RWD SR Space White:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Playing Number Games? Help us understand the price shuffle.... Has Anyone ACTUALLY seen what is being done? IMG_0763.JPG
Considering how long others are waiting to get their cars, I shouldn't complain 😅

Congrats on receiving yours! Love the color, mine will be in space white too.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Considering how long others are waiting to get their cars, I shouldn't complain 😅

Congrats on receiving yours! Love the color, mine will be in space white too.
Thanks - was it worth the agonizing 14 month wait ?

Yes since the pricing was kept to '22 and then rebates on top which really sweetened the deal.

Very happy with the MME - much easier to drive than my Lightning as a daily driver.

Plus it charges quicker than my Lightning at home.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Playing Number Games? Help us understand the price shuffle.... Has Anyone ACTUALLY seen what is being done? IMG_8592

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Playing Number Games? Help us understand the price shuffle.... Has Anyone ACTUALLY seen what is being done? IMG_0765 2.JPG

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I doubt it's charging any quicker. But the battery is smaller, and it gets more miles per kWh.
Yes, that's true - about 20kWh battery smaller than the Lightning.

Charge rate at home is the same: 10kWh.

Also, the range is much higher than the SR Lightning I had so that's another win for me!

Can't wait to hypermile her....

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Anyone know if the new Job 2 2023.5 LFP MME are on dealer lots ?

I have a co-worker looking for an LFP Job 2 MME as she is not interested in BC nor mobile charge cord and wants the $3000 less MSRP.
Sponsored