Ford Playing Number Games? Help us understand the price shuffle.... Has Anyone ACTUALLY seen what is being done?

lunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The pricing stuff is really confusing those are fair points, but I'll say OP, if you've had a 2021 Mach-E, you should have had a better understanding of how the adaptive cruise control works and/or your salesperson should have explained it better.

I think it's fair to say when trying a feature on a new car, it's best to do it somewhere in light traffic where you won't get in trouble if the feature doesn't behave as you'd expect it to.

lunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Playing Number Games? Help us understand the price shuffle.... Has Anyone ACTUALLY seen what is being done? 2023 Mach-E Price Update

Mention that incentive code #11044 to get the $2000 bonus cash.
You are da man!

Thanks for that!

Do you know if I can stack:
$2500 PCO
$2000 Ford Options

illinirdhd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
I financed yesterday. I was able to get the $2,000 rebate, but the dealer had to look for it - it didn't show up automatically. They also applied the $500 deposit. Other than that, I paid the Feb 2023 pricing. My interest rate from order date also applied (about a point better than Ford's advertised rate). Our credit union and USAA could not touch the rate. I felt good about the deal.

PicoR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium 4X
Country flag
I financed yesterday. I was able to get the $2,000 rebate, but the dealer had to look for it - it didn't show up automatically. They also applied the $500 deposit. Other than that, I paid the Feb 2023 pricing. My interest rate from order date also applied (about a point better than Ford's advertised rate). Our credit union and USAA could not touch the rate. I felt good about the deal.
Did you go through Ford's site to start the loan application or everything at the dealer?

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Did you go through Ford's site to start the loan application or everything at the dealer?
I would never go thru Ford's finance site for a loan.
It would be a waste of credit pulls.

I'd go to the dealer since they have more up to date numbers from their Smart VINcent system (date of order incentives).

But then I'd also have a pre-approval from a credit union before I step into the dealership.

illinirdhd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
I did mine at the dealer. Well, sort of. I sent my license and insurance to them via email, then they sent me a credit app link. By the time I walked in, they'd already run credit, and had my Ford financing approved, with APR backdated to my 10/2022 order date.

When I went into the link Ford sent to complete the purchase, the $2,000 rebate wasn't listed, and I wasn't sure if I would qualify, but I wanted to ask. So I didn't go further with that. It had been a while since I financed a new car, but they didn't ask for paystubs or anything else - just license and credit app.

I did get the $2k, but my dealer had to look for it. They didn't know about it, and it wasn't listed on whatever they got with my vehicle. Their system also didn't automatically apply my $500 deposit, so they had to add that manually. Luckily, they noticed it - I probably would not have.

illinirdhd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
I would never go thru Ford's finance site for a loan.
It would be a waste of credit pulls.

I'd go to the dealer since they have more up to date numbers from their Smart VINcent system (date of order incentives).

But then I'd also have a pre-approval from a credit union before I step into the dealership.
I intended to go through Ford, and then refi quickly with USAA or credit union. Neither could touch the 4.74 or whatever it was from last fall, even with excellent credit. I hope you get your original order date APR!

mikeblv

First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
2023 Mach-E Price Update.png

Mention that incentive code #11044 to get the $2000 bonus cash.
So they are saying the old ones will not be reinvoiced, while my original price increased by $300 with the new destination and delivery charge. Yesterday I also spoke with the marketing team (and a bunch of others) and they told me that even though I have to pay the old price, I only get a 3-month BC subscription and no mobile charging cord (which may be because originally the window sticker was generated with the new price, but was changed to the old one after the car was built). But I'm still hoping that they were wrong, because it makes no sense to me. The dealer can only apply the 2k bonus though.

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
So they are saying the old ones will not be reinvoiced, while my original price increased by $300 with the new destination and delivery charge. Yesterday I also spoke with the marketing team (and a bunch of others) and they told me that even though I have to pay the old price, I only get a 3-month BC subscription and no mobile charging cord (which may be because originally the window sticker was generated with the new price, but was changed to the old one after the car was built). But I'm still hoping that they were wrong, because it makes no sense to me. The dealer can only apply the 2k bonus though.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Playing Number Games? Help us understand the price shuffle.... Has Anyone ACTUALLY seen what is being done? Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 9.40.41 PM

GTPE ordered before May 3rd should be $69,995 plus any minor options and $1800 destination. Then you get the $2,000 bonus cash back.

FYI some of the pre-May orders were incorrectly re-invoiced and will be corrected to the above prices. Ford is sending out new window stickers for the affected vehicles.

Premium orders about break even after the $2k incentive, but GTPE orders before May got the short end of the stick and are still several thousand more than one ordered now.
Sponsored